Thread: How to roatate a portrait image?

Default How to roatate a portrait image?

Hi CSer's. I am newbie on photography and i dont have any basic/knowledge on processing of the image that i take. I am using the free software that canon include on the camera kit. My problem is i don't know how to rotate a portrait image that i take. Well i can rotate, just klick the rotate botton and it rotates and save. I dont know if its the right way but when i attach the image or post the image it goes back on its original position. I already research about that but i did not find any procedure . Anyone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: How to roatate a portrait image?

First of all, your camera includes the orientation data in the file. Secondly, your software has an option to read this information and to auto rotate images. This should help you to have all pictures displayed in the same orientation as taken. When you edit and save images into new files (Make it a habit of keeping the original files untouched) the orientation will be preserved.
    Last edited by Octarine; 16th May 2012 at 09:36 AM.
    EOS

Thanks, ill explore again the software.

Anyone else who can help me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by acbidua View Post
    Thanks, ill explore again the software.

Anyone else who can help me? Thanks.
    check is your camera rotation set at "on" first,
    don't know or don't understand, please refer to camera user manual.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

if you're using Digital Photo Pro, use the 'Rotate Left/Right' on the toolbar. Then since you're going to post it online, use the 'Batch Process' on the toolbar to save it, 'Resize' it down to a web-friendly size like 800 pixels on the longer end then click 'Execute'. The output file will be in the correct orientation, and file size is smaller for easier uploading =)

Thanks ill try it.

Thanks thoongeng. It really works.