Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayo I don't want

Default Mayo I don't want

Funny incident just now... I was getting Subway for dinner when I overheard the Subway staff asking the man behind me: "Sir, what sauce would you like?"

The guy said, "Mayo I don't want."

The staff heard mayo and faster than the man could stop him, squeezed mayo into his sandwich (there was a LONG queue and they were working really fast).

The man got very upset, "I told you clearly, mayo I don't want!"

Fortunately, he did not kick up too much fuss.

I mean... there are 8 sauces... you say "mayo I don't want", then... funny right?

Default Re: Mayo I don't want

Joke sia, I never see/hear this sort of thing happen before lol

For the salad/veggies at Subway usually I just tell them "everything except (1 or 2 things I don't feel like taking that day)". I mean if he really wanted everything except mayo he should have said something like that. Where got ppl say "mayo I don't want" one sia

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Joke sia, I never see/hear this sort of thing happen before lol

For the salad/veggies at Subway usually I just tell them "everything except (1 or 2 things I don't feel like taking that day)". I mean if he really wanted everything except mayo he should have said something like that. Where got ppl say "mayo I don't want" one sia
    Absolutely true incident. I guess he didn't know that he was limited to two sauces.

What happened to me is that the staff thought I said mei you... LoL
    True story

I always need to go to another area for subway n always pack over there. Sometine they chop chop do, not nice. Recently my area got one, i went there, not much ppl, they will do nice nice for me. Worth my $, heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

he prob has no experience with subway, thinking that it's something like burgers where you can opt out the standard onions or something.

Agree... why said 'Mayo don't want'... unless you want every other sauce...

Scuba & Father... For Life

What about in a busy Saturday night when there is a long queue in Geylang, an uncle says, "Old one I don't want."

An old one is shoved to him.
    Last edited by Sion; 16th May 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Some people like to do the opposite way..
    I usually just say what i want..not what i dont want.
    In a rush or sometimes even not in a rush..people tend to react to the first words or phrase..(which usually leads to mistake or misunderstanding ) lol..

was it this guy?

"Mayo, I do not want"

so in the end the staff scoop up the mayo or made another new sandwich for the customer?
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    so in the end the staff scoop up the mayo or made another new sandwich for the customer?
    No.

The same way the uncle has to make do with the old one.

reminds me of a practical joke that me and my classmates like to play back in school

when we order food from a menu, for example if there are 10 items to choose from, we will point to 9 of them saying: "this,this,this,this,this,this,this,this,this..... ....... all don't want"..... Leaving the item that we didn't point to

Another of my favorite school boy prank: "Auntie! Chendol mai sng."

Good old times eh? If we pull something like this nowadays.. they will report to your boss/employer, and publish it in FB, twitter, CS.

Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post
    reminds me of a practical joke that me and my classmates like to play back in school

when we order food from a menu, for example if there are 10 items to choose from, we will point to 9 of them saying: "this,this,this,this,this,this,this,this,this..... ....... all don't want"..... Leaving the item that we didn't point to

Better than Mac staff saying "Mei you mayo"
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

In a stressed out environment, this can and in your example, did happen.
    People listen to the words they are looking out for and they react instinctively.
    It is true to life.

In an old but excellent movie, The Bedford Incident they give an example of how a nuclear conflict can start.

" The Bedford Incident. A gung-ho destroyer commander harasses a Soviet sub with the intention of forcing it to the surface. Unfortunately he also rides his crew equally hard, so a keyed-up officer launches an anti-sub missile when he hears the words "Fire One" (the captain was actually saying "If he (the sub) fires one, then I'll fire one"). The by-now equally keyed-up Soviet submariners respond with an atomic torpedo before they're destroyed."

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2008/0...-movies-w.html
    Last edited by ricohflex; 16th May 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    In a stressed out environment, this can and in your example, did happen.
    People listen to the words they are looking out for and they react instinctively.
    It is true to life.

In an old but excellent movie, The Bedford Incident they give an example of how a nuclear conflict can start.

" The Bedford Incident. A gung-ho destroyer commander harasses a Soviet sub with the intention of forcing it to the surface. Unfortunately he also rides his crew equally hard, so a keyed-up officer launches an anti-sub missile when he hears the words "Fire One" (the captain was actually saying "If he (the sub) fires one, then I'll fire one"). The by-now equally keyed-up Soviet submariners respond with an atomic torpedo before they're destroyed."

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2008/0...-movies-w.html
    Well, fortunately for humanity in the real-world. There are people more levelheaded than that, ordinary people like Stanislav Petrov and Vasili Arkhipov who carried the weight of the world on their shoulders at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav Yevgrafovich Petrov @ Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia

On September 26, 1983 he was the duty officer at the command center for the Oko nuclear early warning system when the system reported a small launch from the United States. Petrov judged that the report was a false alarm. This decision may have prevented an erroneous retaliatory nuclear attack on the United States and its Western allies. Investigation later confirmed that the satellite warning system had malfunctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav Yevgrafovich Petrov @ Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia

On October 27, 1962, during the Cuban Missile Crisis, a group of eleven United States Navy destroyers and the aircraft carrier USS Randolph trapped the nuclear-armed Soviet Foxtrot-class submarine B-59 near Cuba and started dropping practice depth charges, explosives intended to force the submarine to come to the surface for identification. The captain of the submarine, Valentin Grigorievitch Savitsky, believing that a war might already have started, wanted to launch a nuclear-tipped torpedo, despite the Soviets' being informed that practice depth charges were being used.

Three officers on board the submarine — Savitsky, the political officer Ivan Semonovich Maslennikov, and the second-in-command Arkhipov — were authorized to launch the torpedo if agreeing unanimously in favor of doing so. An argument broke out among the three, in which only Arkhipov was against the launch, eventually persuading Savitsky to surface the submarine and await orders from Moscow.

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 16th May 2012 at 07:20 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

recently i was buying hao jian, then this guy behind me ordered :

hao jian (Oyster Omelette) but dont want hao( oyster) ...

qi cin some people...
    Objection !!!

Wahaha... Very funny thread... I like... Tks for all the jokes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast