View Poll Results: Will you buy?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

13 44.83%
  • no, too small .

16 55.17%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will you buy a 50 sq m apartment?

Default Re: Will you buy a 50 sq m apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If don't buy 50 sq m now later have to put up with 25 sq m.
    That is what a HK developer would like to do to ordinary people. Got "role models" to emulate...Sun Hung Kai Says Ex-Chairman Arrested in Widening Probe - Bloomberg
    Last edited by ricohflex; 24th May 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    ....in singapore you can't depend on anyone but yourself.
    The right to own a flat by every Singaporeans would be guaranteed by the government whichever their political persuasions are.

Whether we live in a shoe-box or a 4-room highrise is immaterial.

House ownership is the holy grail and the basis this great nation is built on.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    buy from HDB also difficult??

saw this from another forum....

this person income is 80262. taxable income is 78962. what is he screaming about? think his is not regular income, and who in this world would be so benevolent to loan him????

with this income (stable/not-fix), CPF would not grant him HLE. once salary is above $3K and they really say NO and means NO. they really go by the books in this case. I know it cause I was a victim too!

I remember penning a letter to HDB/CPF citing that I'm a citizen drawing a salary marginally above S$3000 at point of time; whom had proudly serve the SAF with my precious 2years, and did my reservist for another 13cycles and pay TAXES to the IRAS. they just reply 'we are sorry. you have exceeded monthly salary of S$3000... period' Suck Thump

sadly, his old father contribution to this country is forgotten and his son has to struggle to find a roof together with him

i like this sentence Thank you for your contribution towards nation building

People learn from Hong Kong and other similar. From very big -> big -> small -> very small -> mickey mouse -> shoebox houses. Each year the shoebox unit floor area gets smaller than the previous year. Consumers get used to it.
    When people get used to paying a lot for shoebox unit (in the future 20sq m?) then that becomes the new norm.

But that happens only in places where powerful developers seem out of control.
    Donald Tsang apologises for accepting favours - 01Jun2012 - YouTube

Now the mobile phone service providers learn from the real estate industry and reduce the 12GB t o 2GB.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th June 2012 at 11:05 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234