Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Typical arrogance by Mio Tv LOL!

Default Re: Typical arrogance by Mio Tv LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Why they hv the cheek to host when they know they cant make it? They know wat they doing or not...
    They know they will make tons of money. And SG laws do not protect consumers. All the contracts only penalize the customers, there is no penalty clause/SLA for Singtel in the contracts...
    Alpha

I subscribed Mio for 2 years and have never used it. I just converted it to fibre optic without Mio. This is just to show how great is Mio.

Singtel overload the technology to make $$$

Its really unfortunate for Singtel, i think we should be more objective in this issue, it can happens to any Telco be it Singtel, Starhub....each technology has its pros and cons and no amount of stress test is able to discover this, i am in IT field and we always work within limited resources to produce the maximum results, after that... Just finger cross no hiccups or performance issues in operation......if u think Mio is bad.....lets compare this to Astro across the bridge....u will get total blue screen in heavy rain or strong wind....and they are paying 2 to 3 times our subscription......other than grievance.....i have not heard much complain on the issue

Over the bridge you can pay 100rm one time charge to install a dish that is able to watch every channel in the world

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Sinkhell just got the exclusive rights to Spanish football next season, all kelong one lah what share content now still like that so many loop hole that was plan for them to use !!! I boycotted MIO since they took away my rights to watch EPL will never sign with them not even the fiber, watch online or coffee shop better then let them earn my hard earn $$ !!!
    hmm, interesting that Singtel used an intermediary to sign a new contract and bypass the new rules... now this is something that should be brought up to the MDA

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    greed to capture market share. without thinking about whether their systems can support it

Channel-switching to blame for mioTV disruptions: SingTel

Another classical case of users at fault

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    lets compare this to Astro across the bridge....u will get total blue screen in heavy rain or strong wind....and they are paying 2 to 3 times our subscription......other than grievance.....i have not heard much complain on the issue
    Hi,

Signal attenuation and scattering in Radio Frequencies (RF) above 11 GHz as a result of a localised thunderstorm at either both the receiver end or at the transmitting / uplinking satellite earth station is a dreaded reality and undeniable consequence with regards to Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) everywhere else in the world,

Such signal attenuation and scattering does affect Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) transmission more in the Ka band (26.5 – 40 GHz) and to a certain extent, the Ku band (12 - 18 GHz) as compared to those in the C band (4 GHz to 8 GHz) used by obsolete analog Television Receive-Only (TVRO) broadcast transmission.

Quite typical for the Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) to decrease anywhere between 20 db to 30 db (negative SNR not uncommon either) during a passing thunderstorm thus adversely affecting the broadcast transmission quality.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

the infrastructure they are using (phone lines) are evidently not up to standard compared to Starhub's cable. during the last world cup where mio tv came into the foray, it was evident that mio tv was lagged compared to cable tv... i was watching some of the matches at some eatery along bedok road, end up the whole area erupted in GOAL and i was still staring at the screen wondering where the goal is... ended up mio tv had 15-20s of lag time... killed off all the excitement already!

心跳, 心跳! "没有" TV 然我们球迷心跳!!!! 球迷不要乱跳频道!
    Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi
    the infrastructure they are using (phone lines) are evidently not up to standard compared to Starhub's cable. during the last world cup where mio tv came into the foray, it was evident that mio tv was lagged compared to cable tv... i was watching some of the matches at some eatery along bedok road, end up the whole area erupted in GOAL and i was still staring at the screen wondering where the goal is... ended up mio tv had 15-20s of lag time... killed off all the excitement already!
    It was true previously, the new optic fibre suppose to be much more superior than those twisted pair phone line and coax, so to me the problem should be upstream issue rather than line issue

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleong
    Over the bridge you can pay 100rm one time charge to install a dish that is able to watch every channel in the world
    Yeah, not just $$$ also the way they milk the consumers and control the market. Pay already also not siok. I can accept system will be subjected to breakdowns but by committing something you cannot fulfill, I am not happy lor.

Don't remember starhub had any problem screening EPL and world cup last time, if any problem it's from the source oversea and not theirs. Next season EPL last year with MIO let's see what pattern are they coming out to get exclusive again
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Last time dont have HD mah.

Default Re: mio TV not Distrupted but Fiber Internet Down during the Champions League Final!!

Quote Originally Posted by saffie730 View Post
    Yesterday,Before the Champions League final,my Fibre Internet was entirely distrupted for 1 whole day with Red Service LED on Pace 5012NV-002 RG.Only mio TV Works but No Internet access.On my Broadband Status on 5012NV,It shows Not Connected but IPTV Gives Signal.

When I watched Channel 102 this morning,It works but Fiber RG wanted to give up my Internet access from 2:00 AM to 2:00 PM just now.I tried to restart my modem,The Internet not working but mio HD Channels are working.

This is very bad,Last week,It was reverse,the mio TV Freezes during the last day of EPL Matches.But this week is reverse,the mio TV is not distrupted during the Champions League Final but the Internet is having Distruption.

The Internet managed to came back at 2:00 PM Just Now.Edit,the Internet went down for 5 minutes just now at 2:10 PM to 2:15 PM again.
    Hi,

Singtel actually divert much needed bandwidth from your personal internet service to support the Mio TV IPTV protocol in times of heighten load demand.

Quote Originally Posted by SingTel Mio TV FAQ
    Using the Broadband at the same time with mio TV would impact the Broadband more than the mio TV, as video traffic are given priority over Internet data traffic. However, mio TV would be impacted if extensive Peer-to-Peer (P2P) downloads is performed; whereby the processor of the modem overloads and causes freezes to the mio TV.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Also, M1 fibre broadband was down today so that could have an adverse effect one way or another since telecommunications companies do lease infrastructure from each other.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

did anyone heard SingTel buys food review portal HungryGoWhere for S$12m? feel that they shld invest in improving their miotv instead

Wow the compensation by Singtel for the disruption on EPL seems like not bad leh...got free la liga next season Liao, and refund of this month subscription

Anyone thinks otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post

Remember that Live matches from MIO TV needs some time taken to convert and encode to digital video signal(s) with digital sound(s) before sending out via old phone line (twisted pair phone line) or new optic Fibre point. Some may be HD(720p) or Full HD(1080p) which takes much more data infomations than standard but future all will be at least 1080p. Each channel data rate?/ upstream?/ bandwidth? Total number of channels send?/Total upstream? Total bandwidth? Load demand? etc? Futhermore, the data line does NOT state the minimum downstream speed for the subscribe. If go lower than requirement, user will NOT get smooth signal ... ... ...
    Compare to Starhub cable TV (direct bb) via cable TV (coaxial cable) or Ant. This will depend on signal strength send and receive... SNR ...
    Last edited by Zeropoint; 26th May 2012 at 01:19 AM.

Much of this thread is about technical glitches of MIO TV. Unable to comment on that because I never wanted this thing, so no experience with it.

Even if MIO TV irons out the bugs, then what? Where is the CONTENT? Does it have good TV entertainment shows?

If you are not a football EPL fan, what is the attraction?

Bro...this whole thread is all about ur problem....why dont u take it up with the Telco? Someone there is lemon law nowadays so u may be able to ask for refund or early termination....then switch to Starhub....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast