Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which SLR Camera to start with for newbie?Pls help!

Nikon FG, FM, FE + 50/1.8. Think it'll be well within your budget.

I'd agree with YSLee on starting with a manual SLR. It teaches you all the basics without you being tempted with going full auto. This will give you all the foundation you'll need to carry on with this hobby for many years to come.

Default Re: Which SLR Camera to start with for newbie?Pls help!

Originally posted by hyde
    Hi Guys,
    I'm a super newbie here, dun even own a camera now but would like to get one SLR camera and start learning and playing with it.
    Any good recommandation for a good and not exp camera to start up with?
    Thanks.
    My suggestion:-

get a olympus mjuII compact camera (see photo.net on this camera). Start shooting some film (this will let you know the cost of developing film)

Then decide if film is better for you or go the digital way of learning photography..

i think u should start with a manual camera like the nikon FM series where u learn the basics operations like the shutter speed & aperture ......over exposure or under ......i think this way is better for u to get professional .......get a cheap light meter will help a lot as well........

you can get a cheapo second hand Yashica FX3 Super 2000. (i still kept mine )

Yap, NIKON FM or FE is pretty nice to start with.

yo!!..........start with FM la......but u will get xian when u hav to wind it after each shot........

On the contrary, I like winding after taking a shot. Plus I love the sound of the whole mechanism woking, haha! The involvement gives greater satisfaction when you get the perfect picture... Not ideal for taking snapshots though... I find the manual camera also give the best quality lens for the price u pay for the camera, especially if u are on a tight budget like me.

Originally posted by Gunjack
    On the contrary, I like winding after taking a shot. Plus I love the sound of the whole mechanism woking, haha! The involvement gives greater satisfaction when you get the perfect picture... Not ideal for taking snapshots though... I find the manual camera also give the best quality lens for the price u pay for the camera, especially if u are on a tight budget like me.
    ya.....that's the case for me......but it lasted only 1/2 a year....

Hmm... maybe I started taking my first pics with a manual camera... thats why electronic cameras never gave me the same feeling I get like with the mechanical... one big disadvantage though is it is way slower to compose a pic than the electronic cameras, hahaha!

Originally posted by Gunjack
    Hmm... maybe I started taking my first pics with a manual camera... thats why electronic cameras never gave me the same feeling I get like with the mechanical... one big disadvantage though is it is way slower to compose a pic than the electronic cameras, hahaha!
    yap.....but i need the speed to take good photos.......its my job...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123