Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 132

Thread: Trouble with Night Shoot

  1. #81

    Default

    eric8526
    I suggest that you might want to join an outing that is organized our fellow members or find someone experienced who is willing to guide you. You seems to be someone who can learn better through practical than reading it up.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  2. #82
    Member eric8526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Ok. I would like to join but the time problem. I got working. :-)

  3. #83
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric8526
    Ok. I would like to join but the time problem. I got working. :-)
    And what do you think most Forum members are doing? Bumming?
    Exploring! :)

  4. #84
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Dear TS

    The biggest mistake you made was to buy a DSLR. Now you realise that there are a lot of readings to do.
    1. Read the manual
    2. Read on the subjects of iso, shutter and aperture
    3. Read on specific areas of phootography... landscape, portraits, candids, macro, night/low light, architecture etc etc etc
    You've along journey indeed. Do it systematically and you'll be ok.

  5. #85

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Dear TS

    The biggest mistake you made was to buy a DSLR. Now you realise that there are a lot of readings to do.
    1. Read the manual
    2. Read on the subjects of iso, shutter and aperture
    3. Read on specific areas of phootography... landscape, portraits, candids, macro, night/low light, architecture etc etc etc
    You've along journey indeed. Do it systematically and you'll be ok.
    what readings?

    Do or Do Not. read less, shoot more

  6. #86
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Dear TS

    The biggest mistake you made was to buy a DSLR. Now you realise that there are a lot of readings to do.
    1. Read the manual
    2. Read on the subjects of iso, shutter and aperture
    3. Read on specific areas of phootography... landscape, portraits, candids, macro, night/low light, architecture etc etc etc
    You've along journey indeed. Do it systematically and you'll be ok.
    You make it sound so dramatic and more laborious then it needs to be. Some people learn quickly with hands-on practice and a bit of guidance.
    Exploring! :)

  7. #87
    Member eric8526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Ok. , :-)

  8. #88
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Well.. TS, the one most important book to read... is your manual. Get to know your camera's basic functions first. Then you can do some experiment with your camera and you will get along just fine.

    After shooting a couple of 'good' photos and your confidence will raise, then you can go on and start reading other internet resources and books to learn other aspect of photography. At present moment you can actually join some outings first and learning from others might be a good thing to start photography too.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  9. #89

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Go out and shoot
    Comeback review
    If not happy with results,post some photos online and ask for opinion
    Repeat first step

  10. #90
    Member eric8526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Ok Than q

  11. #91

    Default

    Guys. You have to understand not everyone is young and well educated. Some have spent most of their lives without internet or computer. It will take longer for these people to pick up this. Learning by seeing and doing is easier for them. Everyone here have their own unique journey in getting where they are now. You probably know it best the feeling of being overwhelm with the things needed to learn especially when you get your first ever slr/dslr/slt/m43/rf. Some patience can make this place more pleasant.

    There are also those that are plain lazy and like to be spoon-feed... By all means, wake up their idea.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  12. #92

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    just offering an opinion to TS. why not u join PSS course. they have basic digital camera course and i find it quite extensive enough. hell, even me touching the camera and shooting lots of pictures still i missed out some good pointers n tips. u bring ur dslr to the class n they teach as u touch ur dslr. i've seen all different ages, background, academic n at the end of the course, everyone learns. they even hv outings for practical. i'm not promoting them but the way i read through and with all the bros here giving directions n guides, u still seems to not catch up enough. try it, i strongly recommend u. it covers from basic functions, travel photography, pp with ps, flash photography, studio lightings, night photography n all the works. then maybe you'll be thinking to join the intermediate class.........anyways, i'm still going through the course. with the course and some field guidance from the CS members, u'll get somewhere......

  13. #93

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Konspire View Post
    just offering an opinion to TS. why not u join PSS course. they have basic digital camera course and i find it quite extensive enough. hell, even me touching the camera and shooting lots of pictures still i missed out some good pointers n tips. u bring ur dslr to the class n they teach as u touch ur dslr. i've seen all different ages, background, academic n at the end of the course, everyone learns. they even hv outings for practical. i'm not promoting them but the way i read through and with all the bros here giving directions n guides, u still seems to not catch up enough. try it, i strongly recommend u. it covers from basic functions, travel photography, pp with ps, flash photography, studio lightings, night photography n all the works. then maybe you'll be thinking to join the intermediate class.........anyways, i'm still going through the course. with the course and some field guidance from the CS members, u'll get somewhere......
    if i were TS i think i'd rather join the free Sony workshop first, then learn from there and join the other forum members' outings later

    not to destroy a business here, but explore other alternatives first

  14. #94
    Member eric8526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I had went for basic course from Sony. They only teach you the most basic thing only.

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    421

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by eric8526 View Post
    I had went for basic course from Sony. They only teach you the most basic thing only.
    Sony course only touch abit of exposure and whats not.. teach more on what certain cam's function do.

    so i suggest..
    1. take a basic course as mentioned a bro above.. or join some classes here
    2. Join photo outing - check here
    3. learn a hard way - experiment yourself
    ~PeaceNoWar~

  16. #96

    Default

    Frankly, i think the manufacturer classes r more incline to teach the functions of their camera maybe promote here n there a bit but they wont bother to go into explaining wats an exposure all about, what when how who wont be covered much. Anyways, this shld be expected.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Konspire View Post
    Frankly, i think the manufacturer classes r more incline to teach the functions of their camera maybe promote here n there a bit but they wont bother to go into explaining wats an exposure all about, what when how who wont be covered much. Anyways, this shld be expected.
    Actually, the manufacturer's classes will make sure you understand the features of the camera you bought. The Sony one covers the exposure triangle, explains aperture, depth of field, the effects of shutter speed and ISO, etc. But of course, you need to pay attention and be able to learn.
    Alpha

  18. #98

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by intrance View Post
    Sony course only touch abit of exposure and whats not.. teach more on what certain cam's function do.

    so i suggest..
    1. take a basic course as mentioned a bro above.. or join some classes here
    2. Join photo outing - check here
    3. learn a hard way - experiment yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Konspire View Post
    Frankly, i think the manufacturer classes r more incline to teach the functions of their camera maybe promote here n there a bit but they wont bother to go into explaining wats an exposure all about, what when how who wont be covered much. Anyways, this shld be expected.
    i happen to have taken one class before. it was good. explained all about exposure. of course, you can't cram everything into 3 hours right? plus they also have additional outdoor classes with practicals: SDW. i've attended and it's pretty good for newbies



    but just like what Rashkae said, you see some people just doing their own stuff and NOT listening

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Actually, the manufacturer's classes will make sure you understand the features of the camera you bought. The Sony one covers the exposure triangle, explains aperture, depth of field, the effects of shutter speed and ISO, etc. But of course, you need to pay attention and be able to learn.
    These are the people, as i have seen in that class, who ask the instructor something which he had just covered in-depth. throughout the class they were just messing on their phones or playing with the camera. you know, frankly speaking, i was very annoyed because these people obviously were wasting everyone's time.

    and in the end, they stayed back to ask further questions.

    so before you say the class is not good at all, go listen properly.

  19. #99
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Trouble with Night Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by eric8526 View Post
    I had went for basic course from Sony. They only teach you the most basic thing only.
    What more do you need? Get the basic right, then work your way up from there. From some of your post before (don't know are they before or after the course you have taken), you would need to brush up on your basic first.

    Of course getting a paid course is good too... and joining outings are good too. The most important thing is to shoot some photos, when you get nice photos that are to your expectation (note: the key word here is YOUR and not others), then your confidence will grow and you will enjoy photography more. Only by enjoying photography, would you really appreciate this hobby and wanting to shoot more
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  20. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    Actually, the manufacturer's classes will make sure you understand the features of the camera you bought. The Sony one covers the exposure triangle, explains aperture, depth of field, the effects of shutter speed and ISO, etc. But of course, you need to pay attention and be able to learn.
    Yeah man. Sony basic course is good enough. Already cover the trinity liao.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •