Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 392

Thread: Ferrari lang gar

  1. #141

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I recall an small "accident" on me too. Caused by PRC on a BICYCLE! I was about to cross the road at a T junction. I looks for oncoming cars from front and my right. CLEAR! I cross. BANG! A PRC cyclist hit my leg from my left side! She is cycling against the traffic flow and lucky thing is that my "brother" not hit. Else I sure call police and ask her to pay for the damage! Actually I should push her down on the road and then make her paid for it!
    i kena alot of from blanga workers... they dun give a damn to ppl walking , just ride their bicycle at high speed.. so we must all learn wing chun to self defense u know.. they are so many of them..

  2. #142
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i did not speculate. i'm providing a possible alternative to everyone's demonizing even before evidence is released. if you want to troll me again, please do so elsewhere.








    then you have to blame the newspapers.

    don't you think laws and values have changed in regards to the change in economic climate and globalization? if you think about it this way, i'm only putting into perspective what the local news agencies are doing with regards to this case. and human reaction to such cases have changed as well. don't think that things are still the same. in retrospect, we all probably loved having foreigners visit our country in the 90s. how do you even feel about them now, given all the horrid stuff that has been going on? look at the broader picture not just one event.

    before the influx of foreigners into singapore, laws were probably different back then. but to handle such high-profile cases now, the law definitely has more on their hands to worry about on how to go about sentencing the guy (you all probably already read about his background).

    in no way am i defending him. in fact, i couldn't possibly care less about the case. i just don't see why we should demonize people before we get the whole truth out. yes he was speeding, but there might be something else that perhaps made him lose control.

    if i may reference one case i had where the lady driver of a van tried to force me out of my lane not once but three times. the third time she turned to glare at me and point fingers. she probably went home and told everyone i cut her lane once and gave her a shock (and that's speculation). but then, her friends and family will demonize me without knowing what happened and say bikers are reckless, isn't that so?

    and that is the point i'm bringing across from the beginning.. is not to create stories and judge the dead man even before the verdict is read out. it's not nice, and especially since we don't know the whole story, it's best to just say "my condolences" and end it at that. no one likes to be the one at the receiving end, so why are we doing it to this guy here?
    If I may, comments in this thread may be judgmental as video clips have shown that the Ferrari clearly ran the red lights. To create such an impact, is the physics of law. Yes, the media is to be blamed for sensationalizing the entire case. However, this is also part of human's nature. We, at times, like to read such sizzling stuff.

    Laws ARE laws. To change a sentence or statement in a law, you need a passing. And not as and when you want to change, you change.

    You must understand that regardless of race, language or religion (as per our national pledge ), a life is lost. When Huang Na, a PRC went missing and murdered, Singaporeans were appalled and reacted to it. I love foreigners in our country, I love having them as my colleagues. I have no qualms on having FT, as long as they respect us, respect the country. It hasn't changed 10 years ago, it hasn't changed now. The issues are with our local gvt, which made these FTs arrogant and haughty - that leads to rudeness and disrespectful.

    And last, I do not think any of the CSers here are creating stories. Sure, we speculate. But we are not creating stories - Stories are from the media. We just like to add some flavors for discussion sake...
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

  3. #143
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    From that video, it's show that the ferrari driver got NO intention to stop or slow down during RED light. ! .......
    We do not know. They probably need to do a forensic on the Ferrari. maybe he tried to stop or slow down, but if he was driving at that fast speed, and has no prior defensive driving skills or knowledge, he would still hit the taxi.
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,182

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    We do not know. They probably need to do a forensic on the Ferrari. maybe he tried to stop or slow down, but if he was driving at that fast speed, and has no prior defensive driving skills or knowledge, he would still hit the taxi.
    Yup. But from the impact etc... intention of slowing down is very slim. Anyway, there are Karma (in my previous thread). One thing leads to another.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  5. #145

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Yup. But from the impact etc... intention of slowing down is very slim. Anyway, there are Karma (in my previous thread). One thing leads to another.
    really, i feel that if anyone want to show off, pls go to JB racing track, if u don't value your f.*.*.king life, others do!

    knn, these idiots, no matter how fast they run, they are still not F1 champions, run for what ?

  6. #146
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Video is out.

    Facebook
    Last edited by xtemujin; 15th May 2012 at 12:16 PM.

  7. #147

    Default

    It doesn't matter the nationality of the Ferarri driver, but it does matter that he cause the death of 2 innocent people and 2 seriously injured.
    Even he die 100 times also cannot change the fact, the fact that a happy family had losing a great husband/father, a family had losing a lovely daughter/sister. And who is going to take care of the abang motorcyclist for the rest of his live if he cannot recover from spinal injury? How about the female Ferrari passenger?
    I have no sympathy on the Ferarri driver! He deserved it!

  8. #148
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Japanese passenger killed in horror crash identified
    AsiaOne
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012



    SINGAPORE - The passenger in a taxi that was hit by a Ferrari which crashed into it on Saturday has been identified.

    Ms Shigemi Ito, who is believed to be in her 20s, was sent to the Singapore General Hospital after the accident at Bugis, but died shortly after.

    Her parents and brother were seen at a funeral parlour at Sin Ming drive on Monday, where her wake was being held, reported The Straits Times. They declined to speak to the media.

    Ms Ito was working and living in Singapore.

    Friends of Ms Ito received an SMS yesterday from a man who signed off as T.C. Thio, informing them of her death and details of the wake.

    The man also said in the message that he was her boyfriend.

    The three-vehicle accident which involved a Ferrari, taxi and motorcycle also claimed two other lives - Ferrari driver Mr Ma Chi, 31, a private investor from Sichuan, and cabby Cheng Teck Hock, 52.

    Mr Ma's female companion, believed to be in her 20s, is reportedly in stable condition at Tan Tock Seng hospital.

    Japanese passenger killed in horror crash identified

  9. #149
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    We should direct the senior family member of the Late MA Chi to this link and let them know what others had said of their dear son's act causing pain to two other families.

  10. #150
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Japanese passenger killed in horror crash identified
    AsiaOne
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012



    SINGAPORE - The passenger in a taxi that was hit by a Ferrari which crashed into it on Saturday has been identified.

    Ms Shigemi Ito, who is believed to be in her 20s, was sent to the Singapore General Hospital after the accident at Bugis, but died shortly after.

    Her parents and brother were seen at a funeral parlour at Sin Ming drive on Monday, where her wake was being held, reported The Straits Times. They declined to speak to the media.

    Ms Ito was working and living in Singapore.

    Friends of Ms Ito received an SMS yesterday from a man who signed off as T.C. Thio, informing them of her death and details of the wake.

    The man also said in the message that he was her boyfriend.

    The three-vehicle accident which involved a Ferrari, taxi and motorcycle also claimed two other lives - Ferrari driver Mr Ma Chi, 31, a private investor from Sichuan, and cabby Cheng Teck Hock, 52.

    Mr Ma's female companion, believed to be in her 20s, is reportedly in stable condition at Tan Tock Seng hospital.

    Japanese passenger killed in horror crash identified
    So pretty...Sighs...
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

  11. #151
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Actually I don't quite understand. If I am driving a Ferrari, I will drive slow, wind down my windows, stop and wait at junctions when need be so that I can let every one see my smiling and ya ya face.

  12. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    PRC Ferrari driver - Dead.
    The taxi passenger was a female Japanese tourist - Dead.
    Abang motorcyclist - Spinal injury.
    Taxi driver uncle - Dead.

    No way to do defensive driving, the Ferrari hit the taxi like a missile.
    Who could have survived that kind of impact! Good thing the camera is recording in the taxi behind so it is evident what happened and can draw closure to the case quickly. My condolences to all the deceased. RIP.

  13. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero

    If I may, comments in this thread may be judgmental as video clips have shown that the Ferrari clearly ran the red lights. To create such an impact, is the physics of law. Yes, the media is to be blamed for sensationalizing the entire case. However, this is also part of human's nature. We, at times, like to read such sizzling stuff.
    It's irresponsible and honestly i'm questioning the media's motives. Are they trying to cause civil unrest in Singapore? Locals vs Foreigners? Honestly I have nothing against Foreigners unless they cross me.

    And looking at a lot of biased viewpoints on HWZ, i'm further apalled at the gall of locals to blame all violations of traffic regulations on PRCs when yet, Singaporeans are guilty of doing the same, and worse!

    Like in Orson Wells' Animal Farm, are we going the way of saying we're incapable of the same crimes and misdeeds?

  14. #154

    Default

    And yes... She's very pretty

  15. #155

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    one reason I would think that "unreasonable" FT bashing should not be done is becos the "relevant parties" and media would focus on this irrational hatred and it would make it appear that people are "unreasonably" unhappy about what is imho a flawed policy.... the hatred is really like spitting against the wind.... it would be in the favour of those who are supportive of the policy

    (i am not totally against the policy... it is just that they should have done it at a slower rate and smaller numbers imho, not at the expense of the citizens)


    my two cents worth.

  16. #156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai
    Actually I don't quite understand. If I am driving a Ferrari, I will drive slow, wind down my windows, stop and wait at junctions when need be so that I can let every one see my smiling and ya ya face.
    LoL that was 4 in the morning

  17. #157
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    You gotta love how the media is praising his wealth:

    Mr Mas wife, known only as Madam He, told Wanbao that her husband had bought a $3 million condominium in the East Coast and a $400,000 BMW. The Ferrari was a $1.8 million limited edition car that he bought for his 30th birthday last year.

    Ma was described as a tall, capable, young and handsome tycoon who arrived from Sichuan province a few years ago. He was reportedly active in a local clan association for Sichuan natives and was in the process of applying for permanent residency here before the accident.


    Like.. OK... So because he was rich we should feel sorry for him? The papers even barely mentioned his victims.
    It's interesting to find out how Ma Chi took >$6m out of China. Canada used to be a known destination where all the "famous" Chinese go, now is Destination Singapore

  18. #158
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori

    LoL that was 4 in the morning
    I won't drive around at 4am. No audience plus I will not look smart and fresh.

  19. #159

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Look at the speed of the Ferrari!!!

    https://www.facebook.com/video/video...35681523167929

  20. #160
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Ferrari lang gar

    Quote Originally Posted by figo007 View Post
    Look at the speed of the Ferrari!!!

    https://www.facebook.com/video/video...35681523167929
    its reported 100km/h in the local media??
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •