Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shot leeching

sonikbyte
    Guests

Ok, I have talked to the admin simon about the conflict. As state above the pictures are removed and it wont be post in my forum again. Im not your public enemy so quit the arrows coming.

Thank you.

Hi sonikbyte.

You may have 'resolved' the issue with Simon but don't you owe the members affected here an apology?

Originally posted by sonikbyte
    Ok, I have talked to the admin simon about the conflict. As state above the pictures are removed and it wont be post in my forum again. Im not your public enemy so quit the arrows coming.

Thank you.
    Good for you to have removed those thread...Think before you act...or ASK before you Do....

And the letter of apology should be posted on both ClubSNAP and ebyte forum!

ClubSNAP Admin

Originally posted by AdamGoi
    Hi sonikbyte.

You may have 'resolved' the issue with Simon but don't you owe the members affected here an apology?
    The Case is close.

Apology or not, i don't see a need to push it.

No more mocking needed here.

Originally posted by Simon

The Case is close.

Good good... good good good....some pple may still be upset abt it that is the fact we must accept Simon.

At first shock...then surprised...then ok liao. Funny anyone would wan my low standard photos. LoL
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

It's not the standard of your photos, it's the sordidness of the forum they were placed in that's disturbing.

Default It's up again.....

The case is NOT closed yet.

Siron pm-ed me and said that the sub-forums are up and running again. They have not removed yet......

Siron: http://forums.ebyte.org/viewtopic.php?t=1523&start=0

Hi Goondu

I checked the link you have posted. I don't think there are any pictures taken by any Clubsnap members (correct me if i am wrong though).

Right now, we will continue to moniter the site periodically i guess. However, i have managed to secure a program that is able to download the entire site with all it's links and such, so that would make for easy retrival and reference.

I know you're upset about it, and so are a few of us.

If consulting a lawyer doesn't signal our intentions, maybe a summons or writ might have him think twice. We have given him a fair warning. Show cause action through a civil suit will come in due time if he doesn't heed the warning.

Lets give this person a week to evaluate his position and see if he is willing to remove EACH & EVERY SINGLE PICTURE taken by Clubsnap members. If not, then i suggest we collate a list of the links that are still up, and i will do a grep of the entire website and burn it into a CD Rom.

From there on, we will discuss on how to proceed.

Meanwhile, don't post anymore links from his website. The moment you post a link, he will check and remove it. Let him do the cleaning up. You can collate it in private if you wish and PM it me or something.

Cheers, and many thanks.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 31st July 2002 at 09:31 AM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Default WOw!

This brings to my attention if i will still be opening this section of photo gallery. It seens that someone or a bunch of people are very unpleased about the moral of posting of pictures which dont belongs to you. Yes, that's right. We dont want this forum to becomes like fuba or what-so-ever pictures forum. Im very sad the users register themselve here just to view pictures and leave. THey cant even bother or interested in other threads like linux, microsoft, automobile, ircnews, clubnews. IF that's what ebyte is all about, i will rather shutdown the photo galleries or limit only to those regulars or contributors. As for those peeps who are taking it so serious as to leading to law suit and threatening about closing down your SITE, that's so pathetic. Isnt that the same as saying dont screw with me or i will hack/dos/rape your site? Ebyte is all about having fun and sharing things we hardly or normally dont see. So it's something different from what your mom do in that closet at night. I need some feedback on this from the users. If no one bother to reply, i will take it as they are not interested in this section.
    He sounds as if hes the victim! I guess he still doesnt realise/admit his own mistake.

Default Re: WOw!

Originally posted by Jason Ho

He sounds as if hes the victim! I guess he still doesnt realise/admit his own mistake.
    No one threatened him with the closing down of his website. I'm surprised he has been so quick to react. Only the guilty jumps at shadows, don't you think?

All we have done is to ask him to remove the pictures that he reposted without permission. We are not even asking for payment nor any forms of financial renumeration. All we ask is that the rights of photographers be respected.

To quote someone who is au fait with the legal system:

yes you are right he is infringing your IP rights whether or not there is any commercial gain if he has reproduced your work without your permission. you have the right to dictate the terms to which he is allowed to reproduce or display your work (eg copyright notice crediting you (see below), link to your website/email, small royalty fee as part of a license agreement etc). you cannot presume that it is public domain or that you have / would have consented just because it is on a forum
    Further action is to be taken only IF he doesn't cease or desist.

Point being, if he think what he does is right, then i suggest he continues to do what he does. Fair warning and a grace period has been given.

Until that time period runs out...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

No matter how much we argue, what is done is done. So now the most practical things is how can we prevent similar occurance in the future.

Can the moderators help to insert information regarding copyrights of the pictures in the webdesign to inform people who download pictures from Clubsnap?

Perhaps a message like : warning. The images here are the property of the various artists as indicated in their threads. For usage of any kind, please kindly contact the artist for permission.

I think you guys can come up with a better line than me.

I think there's no point in pointing fingers now. We have to maintain our composure and plan what to do next to improve the security measures.

Originally posted by Simon

The Case is close.

First of all to clarify, I did not propose the continuance of any mockery. Now I suggest for the affected members to adopt a wait and see appraoch. It'll take while for all 'wrongs' to be 'right'.

I just feel that for a person who administers a open forum, he needs the grace to apologize if there's any mis-handling. We make mistakes and it's only proper to apologize. What is more important that we can still be friends after that.

Hello there...i got my pics leeched off my pbase site too about a month ago, (though some seem highly unsympathetic when i bitched bout it) so yeah i hate those damn leeches tooo. But gotta face it, can leave a signature attached to the pic and all that, but they can always crop it out right?

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This brings to my attention if i will still be opening this section of photo gallery. It seens that someone or a bunch of people are very unpleased about the moral of posting of pictures which dont belongs to you. Yes, that's right. We dont want this forum to becomes like fuba or what-so-ever pictures forum. Im very sad the users register themselve here just to view pictures and leave. THey cant even bother or interested in other threads like linux, microsoft, automobile, ircnews, clubnews. IF that's what ebyte is all about, i will rather shutdown the photo galleries or limit only to those regulars or contributors. As for those peeps who are taking it so serious as to leading to law suit and threatening about closing down your SITE, that's so pathetic. Isnt that the same as saying dont screw with me or i will hack/dos/rape your site? Ebyte is all about having fun and sharing things we hardly or normally dont see. So it's something different from what your mom do in that closet at night. I need some feedback on this from the users. If no one bother to reply, i will take it as they are not interested in this section.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Just went to check out this "fun" place and I find the exact opposite.

Perhaps should report anyway, there are afterall, laws in singapore against such behavior - eg; planting camaras in changing rooms etc

Changing Rooms
    Peeps
    Train
    Children

No better than peeping toms,peadophiles and who knows what else. Terribly disgusting. Juz like those bloody perverts that stare at my friends on the mrt train and buses trying to look up their skirts. Anyway juz tot i'd contribute a little to the thread to make it longer.
    Last edited by punscum; 1st August 2002 at 05:54 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234