Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore Team in Tiger Cup'04

is anyone watching the match now? just wanna know is there an indo player sent off in the early 2nd?? i missed it while i was in toilet...

Yes. They are playing with 10 man now.

Cheers!

it was lessy.

3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after blasting their last performance, i must say they have put up a very good performance so far tonight. very good defensively.

only 2 black marks for the unnecessary yellow cards

i certainly hope they can continue this kind of commitment next week and beyond the tiger cup. thats the only way to bring back the fans.

3-1 !!!!!!!!!!! super last second goal ~~~

Full House next Sat at National Stadium!!

Go lions go. Hope they can win and take the cup next week at the National Stadium.

An excellent all round performance by the Lions, and quite an unexpected result. Would have been better if we enter the 2nd leg 3-0 up, but still its a very good result. The Lions looked very composed in the fiery cauldron of the Senayan and displayed great teamwork and defending. The back four + goalie Lionel Lewis were solid (until the very last min when they conceded that unlucky goal). They caught the Indons off balance with the 2 1st half goals, and effectively absorbed their counterattacks, and scored 3 in total, the 2nd especially was a gem of a goal, great buildup. The dominance in the 2nd half after Indon reduced to 10 men should have resulted in at least one more goal, that would have broke the Indons fighting spirit.

The only black marks in the game were Noh Alam Shah's receiving 2nd yellow card (means he sits out the 2nd leg) and that unfortunate last gasp free-kick deflection goal by Indonesia, reducing the deficit to 2 goals, and give them a glimmer of hope in the return leg. Lets just hope S'pore won't be too complacent in the 2nd leg, look what happened to Malaysia on their home leg. (thrashed 4-1 by Indon).

I'll probably be heading to the National Stadium to support the team, it will probably be a full house and great atmosphere there, any CSers interested in an outing to the Finals on 16th Jan?

when and where will the tickets be on sale?

anyone read the newpaper sunday edition? story mentioned indon photographer congratulating singapore photographer a few days before the match and told him score will be 3-1 in favor of singapore. coincidence or newpaper trying to throw cold water by implying some hanky panky?

anyway if it was indeed kelong, it was very well done cos i thought both teams put in a lot of effort.

I really don't know about this kelong allegations. Two of the goals were deflected goals. How do you ensure that your deflections will be goalbound when the deflector is about 20m out? Plus, it was a full blooded game and not half-baked play. So kelong is quite unlikely. To be sure, CPIB can always pay a courtesy call.

my opinion is tat the Lions were lucky (or should i say darn lucky) to win away with a score like that.

Their defence were alittle scrappy, obvious from the fact the Indons could like slice through at will with a little neat one-two (which they never always try...surprisingly keep pumping long balls which Lions could easily cut out). Most of the low ground passes by the Indons were cut out "luckily" by the Lions with a stray leg sticking out or in the right place at the right time. Most of the Lions who receive passes seem "unexpected to receive the ball"...ok maybe my EPL fix is on overdose...i should be tad more lenient. Lionel Lewis had a good game overall...reminds me a little of David Lee and from the rip-roaring days of M'sia cup final in '94. hehehe

Good decision by Raddy to take off Amri after his goal. Congrats on scoring on his debut, he did win quite afew balls in midfield...but seems most of his forays upfront, his trying of through passes seem to go errant most of the time (too much Winning11? hehe). Im glad Dickson came on to provide the burst of speed when Indons were fast tiring out in the rain.

Offence were quite ok, except service was decent enuff to string a few passes together. 1-3 to the Lions is much flattering....hope the Lions will finish them off this coming Sunday....i would wanna go down support....havent supported the local team since that 94 final...kind of dismayed after all the stars expired...or rather retired. Hee.

Rumours are going around that the Indons give face and let Lions win, coz of the help received for the tsunami situation. Which i think leaves another area to discuss, but i rather not do it here. As apparent to tat Indon photographer's statement. All could see (even an armchair critic like me) tat the Indons were not exactly "on-form"....they lost 2-1 to Msia in Indonesia but trashed them 4-1 in Msia....so im expecting a high-charged final at the National Stadium. Lets all go in red to cheer them on!! I wanna see an exciting final again...whole sea of red....very "moving" experience. =D

**Above are juz personal opinions of mine wholely. No instigation of whatsoever. LoL.

p.s. Anybody knows where to get tix? Im going with a bunch of friends to go crazy there this weekend. =D
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99

Lets all go in red to cheer them on!! I wanna see an exciting final again...whole sea of red....very "moving" experience. =D
    hahaha this is funny!
    both of the countries have similar flag.
    And both countries use red&white as their national color.

So then how?

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    hahaha this is funny!

So then how?
    Get high before the match and approach a well meaning Indon fan to give you a sock in the face. Then you'll see stars and a crescent moon plus a full choir of nightingales providing a fitting soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    hahaha this is funny!

So then how?
    We all home ground...definitely wear red and white...for them...duno lah..they wear yellow or green...it doesnt matter...the whole stadium will be bloody red. Hehehehe. =D
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    We all home ground...definitely wear red and white...for them...duno lah..they wear yellow or green...it doesnt matter...the whole stadium will be bloody red. Hehehehe. =D
    Shld make a nice welcome banner for them too...."Indonesia fans...welcome to Hell!" Wahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Shld make a nice welcome banner for them too...."Indonesia fans...welcome to Hell!" Wahahahaha!!!
    That would start a fight.
    I don't think you wanna get involved right?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    That would start a fight.
    I don't think you wanna get involved right?
    I dun think anyone wanna fight...juz some friendly taunting....and no ...i dun mean throwing bottles of urine....urgh...lol.
    One-North Explorers

who's heading down?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast