Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore Team in Tiger Cup'04

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    wow...

that's full scale drama all right..

and tell me, just where were all you clubsnappers on that night? think of the money shots you'd have gotten!

don't you feel like kicking (mud on) yourself now?
    Erm.. I don't think u will want to flash out your camera, especially if u are wearing red.. The Myanmar fans might just whack ur cam...
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

seriously. its time we should stop flaming our home team & give them all the moral support they need right now... Singapore soccer is picking up already... lets just stop trying to put them down lar...

for the myanmar players, i must really say - uncivilized bunch of people. they players are like that, the fans also like that! i think they forgot that they were throwing dustbins and rioting and fighting in a FOREIGN ground...

u guys should read up on the papers today... really bad fights and stuff... bloody. but i guess thats wad they get for creating soo much of a mess in a foreign soil... by the local "law enforcers"....

kudos to the referee lar! although trapped in the middle of all these free for all mess, he still remained composed...

yup!
    agreed!
    the referee was the man of the match..

when is the final ??? heard tat it will be play in 2 legs

hmm...

gave it some thought, decided to add a balanced note to this thread:

let's put it down to some over excited, over enthusiatic supporters in that particular myanmar fan contingent. let's not stray into describing everything in general terms.

least we offend other myanmar visitors.

there are bad eggs in every fan clubs. look at some high profile international games with english fans for example. let's put it down to the players getting too caught up in the passion of the moment

Tiger Cup Final Singapore v Indonesia

First leg Sat 8 Jan at Stadium Utama Senayan, Indonesia (FA Cup earlier rounds this weekend)

Second leg Sun 16 Jan at the National Stadium, Singapore (so as not to clash with Saturday night EPL telecasts)

Tiger Cup website
    Last edited by acroamatic; 3rd January 2005 at 10:40 PM.

I may go & support, but when i go, Singapore usually lost Sould i go??

go lion go!

And where will I be on Sun 16 Jan? Stuck in camp, doing ICT...

Quote Originally Posted by acroamatic
    And where will I be on Sun 16 Jan? Stuck in camp, doing ICT...
    i'm pretty sure they'll roll out the tv for you guys.

i don't think the refree made the right decision for the second red card, which he showed to myanmar defender when Indra was fouled in the box. it was not a tackle from behind and yet indra was not injured. IMO, a yellow card and a penalty would be enough.
    and that decision made the whole match to such a mess at that time..

just my 2 cents..

I think it was for dissent

Quote Originally Posted by zeith
    i don't think the refree made the right decision for the second red card, which he showed to myanmar defender when Indra was fouled in the box. it was not a tackle from behind and yet indra was not injured. IMO, a yellow card and a penalty would be enough.
    and that decision made the whole match to such a mess at that time..

just my 2 cents..
    I think that the ref made the right decision. Indra was clearly on goal and had pushed the ball ahead. The DIQ (Defender in Question) or "DICK" if you'd like did not challenge for the ball but instead bodycheck. In that situation, a bodycheck on a player en route to goal with no intention of playing the ball is a professional foul that merits a sending off. The 3rd red card was for gross dissent. Nobody kicks mud into the ref's face.

Come to think of it. Soccer is the dirtiest game played by prima donnas. Try watching rugby, the tackles are infinitely more times harder, challenges meaner but still players pick themselves up and continue with the game. And nobody argues with the ref, no matter how F***** up they think the ref is. Sigh...the nature of the game.

Anyway, come the 16th I will be at the stadium, sitting at the same seat and screaming myself hoarse again.

Quote Originally Posted by SteadyHands
    Come to think of it. Soccer is the dirtiest game played by prima donnas. Try watching rugby, the tackles are infinitely more times harder, challenges meaner but still players pick themselves up and continue with the game. And nobody argues with the ref, no matter how F***** up they think the ref is. Sigh...the nature of the game.

I think that the ref made the right decision. Indra was clearly on goal and had pushed the ball ahead. The DIQ (Defender in Question) or "DICK" if you'd like did not challenge for the ball but instead bodycheck. In that situation, a bodycheck on a player en route to goal with no intention of playing the ball is a professional foul that merits a sending off. The 3rd red card was for gross dissent. Nobody kicks mud into the ref's face.

Anyway, come the 16th I will be at the stadium, sitting at the same seat and screaming myself hoarse again.
    Well.....thats why we watch it what.......if not why would reality tv shows have high ratings sia....Over the top acting by some drama mamas bo?

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    a Bit confused though, 3 players on the field were sent off... If a substitute player had to be sent off, shouldn't they have to remove 1 player on-field too because of that sending off??
    Nope, a substitute who is sent off must leave the bench and cannot be used as a sub. It doesn't affect the players on the pitch.

Nope, a substitute who is sent off must leave the bench and cannot be used as a sub. It doesn't affect the players on the pitch.
    ahhh... ok

Oh, most definitely! After watching nearly the whole of Rugby World Cup in 2003, it took me a long while to get used to watching football (aka soccer) again 'cos the players went down so easily, whined like kids and at the 80th minute, I'd think the game is over.

Well, there are exceptions. I have seen arguments with the refs. And when a rugby game boils over, the players - especially the forwards who are bigger and stronger than the average footballer - can do serious damage to each other.

The culture (if I may call it that) of simulation is terrible. To add to what you said, when a rugby player gets tackled, he tries as much as possible NOT to go to ground. Contrast this with football where an even an attempted tackle is the opportunity to go to ground. This is partly because the two games are quite different in terms of aims and strategies. Still, refs in football should be more vigilant.

It would help if there is a video referee for goal decisions and for fouls. They already institute disciplinary measures after the fact using video evidence. I don't see why it shouldn't help when it matters most - when the action is immediate.

I'm a United fan, and I feel ashamed by this morning's draw 'cos the goal was obvious to everyone watching it on TV. Spurs should have had three points. Reporters, commentators and fans who criticize the ref and linesman forget one thing - they are at a high vantage point where they can clearly see the goal line.

The ref and linesman were far away enough from United's goal to have not spotted the ball going over even though it was blatantly obvious to everyone watching that it went in.

I'm a United fan, and I feel ashamed by this morning's draw 'cos the goal was obvious to everyone watching it on TV. Spurs should have had three points. Reporters, commentators and fans who criticize the ref and linesman forget one thing - they are at a high vantage point where they can clearly see the goal line.

The ref and linesman were far away enough from United's goal to have not spotted the ball going over even though it was blatantly obvious to everyone watching that it went in.
    I'm not a United fan and never will be. But I agree totally with what you mentioned here. What to do? Soccer is a kelong game.

Tiger Cup Final 1st leg Live at channel 5 this sat 8.40

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast