Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Telephoto for G2

  1. #1

    Default Telephoto for G2

    Just would like to know which Telephoto is good for G2? Users of Telephoto..pls give advise...I am looking for a ~2x telephoto for my G2...2nd hand also can!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Telephoto for G2

    Originally posted by Paladin
    Just would like to know which Telephoto is good for G2? Users of Telephoto..pls give advise...I am looking for a ~2x telephoto for my G2...2nd hand also can!
    Best choice: Olympus B300 if you still find it.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re: Telephoto for G2

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Best choice: Olympus B300 if you still find it.

    Regards
    CK
    For that matter..any with 5X?? At price around $200 to $300?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: Telephoto for G2

    Originally posted by Paladin


    For that matter..any with 5X?? At price around $200 to $300?
    I don't know of any, though there are 8x monoculars like the Kenko 8x32 and CrystalVue Sharpshooter available which fit the Coolpix 9xx to give a total of 24x zoom. Not sure if it will work on the bigger lens of the G2 though.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5

    Default

    I thought the one inside g2 manual which is 1.5x is the only suitable one for canon.
    would be great if can get 3x or 4x.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Telephoto for G2

    Originally posted by ckiang


    I don't know of any, though there are 8x monoculars like the Kenko 8x32 and CrystalVue Sharpshooter available which fit the Coolpix 9xx to give a total of 24x zoom. Not sure if it will work on the bigger lens of the G2 though.

    Regards
    CK
    I read that CrystalVue Sharpshooter cannot be used on the G2...what a waste...I wonder what are telephoto lens there is for the G2??

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Telephoto for G2

    Originally posted by Paladin


    I read that CrystalVue Sharpshooter cannot be used on the G2...what a waste...I wonder what are telephoto lens there is for the G2??
    The B300 lor. A bit expensive, but it's supposedly very good. Otherwise, very hard to find a high power and good one.

    Regards
    CK

  8. #8

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Telephoto for G2

    Originally posted by ckiang


    The B300 lor. A bit expensive, but it's supposedly very good. Otherwise, very hard to find a high power and good one.

    Regards
    CK
    but the B300 only 1.7x right? so with G2 3x, will be 5.1x only...what is the equivalent on a 35mm lens??

  9. #9

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Telephoto for G2

    Originally posted by Paladin


    but the B300 only 1.7x right? so with G2 3x, will be 5.1x only...what is the equivalent on a 35mm lens??
    simple

    G2 1x is 34 mm (wide)
    G2 3x is 34x3 = 102mm
    G2 3x + B300 = 102 x 1.7 = 173.4mm
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    740

    Default

    is there any vignetting at wide with the b300 on?

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by Mystix
    is there any vignetting at wide with the b300 on?
    of course there is vignetting ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by megaweb


    of course there is vignetting ...
    Is it bad??

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by Paladin


    Is it bad??
    at wide , yes it is very bad .. can see the circle very clearly

    at 3x zoom , no vignetting lah
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by megaweb


    at wide , yes it is very bad .. can see the circle very clearly

    at 3x zoom , no vignetting lah
    Hey megaweb, I presumed you have it right? any other to recommend?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    you might be able to stack 2 together.... but it'll be an expensive combination.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  16. #16

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza
    you might be able to stack 2 together.... but it'll be an expensive combination.
    Ai ya...cannot lah...i think there is betterway to spend money lah...

    sigh...so no way to increase the optical zoom??

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Yes I second it, the B300 is a very good lens. I ave one and used it on my Pro90 with very good results.

  18. #18

    Default

    Originally posted by Paladin


    Hey megaweb, I presumed you have it right? any other to recommend?
    Yes I have B300 but I am using Pro 90 ... see my Homepage (below link) for more detail ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  19. #19

    Default

    Originally posted by megaweb


    Yes I have B300 but I am using Pro 90 ... see my Homepage (below link) for more detail ...
    Well with Pro90's 10X optical zoom..it would be very sufficient..but G2 3x...I think need a higher multiplier factor...

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by Paladin


    Well with Pro90's 10X optical zoom..it would be very sufficient..but G2 3x...I think need a higher multiplier factor...
    that is the reason I get Pro 90 ... I want a dc with more zoom that can take far objects like animals , birds , etc ...

    by adding higher multiplier factor to your dc , the quality of the pic will definitely degrade ... not worth to add TC > 2x ..

    As for B300 , i find that it can produce good quality shots under good lighting
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •