Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    Actually I got my answers all correct as smartphone, there're subtle differences like the resolution shortcoming (DSLR may sometimes overexpose) and certain 'look' hard to explain. I don't buy these marketing crap! haha I took pics with my lowly 3gs, naked lens too (no image manipulation, doesn't mean it's like a dslr
    http://i46.tinypic.com/35mhz4x.jpg
    Last edited by dennisc; 10th May 2012 at 10:41 AM.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1

    Default Sorry, what

    I'm surprized, thanks!

  4. #4
    Member fmeeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Sorry, what

    ROFLMAO
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

  5. #5

    Default

    These images doesn't really even give up a fair game. If they want to compare the quality of their photos to those of the dslr, then they should use the same subject. Then we will see the big difference. HTC says their photos can compare to those from dslrs, I say to HTC, STFU. haha :P
    Last edited by chestersigua; 14th May 2012 at 07:50 AM.
    I'm still not good enough...

  6. #6
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    Actually can tell la...

    But that said, I think the subtle point here is that camera phones are improving everyday.. Of course there may never be a day where smartphone images are as good as those from DSLR, but I do recall an article that highlighted that considering the sensor size, the camera phone is really doing very well.

    Well, the best camera is the one with you, right? If you see something beautiful, and you don't have a DSLR, at least having the option of being able to capture it with the smartphone (which I assume will always be around) is better than not having any option at all. Let's not get too riled up by marketing tactics. Cheers.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-
    Actually can tell la...

    But that said, I think the subtle point here is that camera phones are improving everyday.. Of course there may never be a day where smartphone images are as good as those from DSLR, but I do recall an article that highlighted that considering the sensor size, the camera phone is really doing very well.

    Well, the best camera is the one with you, right? If you see something beautiful, and you don't have a DSLR, at least having the option of being able to capture it with the smartphone (which I assume will always be around) is better than not having any option at all. Let's not get too riled up by marketing tactics. Cheers.
    i guess having the next best thing is better than having none at all? camera phones have come a long way since the vga era..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

  8. #8

    Default

    I got 7 out of 10. Looked at depth of field and dynamic range to decide.

  9. #9

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    I'm a HTC user (Desire HD). All I can say about HTC is that their marketing suck! For instance, htcsense.com was one of the biggest selling point at that time, backup SMS, track phone, backup decide, etc etc. However, when noticed the absense of these features I contact the support team only to be told that these features are not all release yet as they're upgradin the system. The features are still not enabled after 1 year!! Just recently, they've decided to close down the site for another upgrade, and this time indefinately.

    This is an example of how HTC marketing and be misleading, you'll only have to use the device to know for sure, and for people in Singapore, we usually have 2 years (contract period) mulling over the bad decisio we made purchasing a HTC phone.

  10. #10

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    hahahahaha...totally nonsense marketing...

    photo taken by a "professional digital camera" doesn't equate to good photos.
    and the subjects are purposely chosen to show off lousy photos taken with a "professional digital camera" vs much better composed and thought out photos by the HTC phone.

  11. #11

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by denisme View Post
    I'm a HTC user (Desire HD). All I can say about HTC is that their marketing suck! For instance, htcsense.com was one of the biggest selling point at that time, backup SMS, track phone, backup decide, etc etc. However, when noticed the absense of these features I contact the support team only to be told that these features are not all release yet as they're upgradin the system. The features are still not enabled after 1 year!! Just recently, they've decided to close down the site for another upgrade, and this time indefinately.

    This is an example of how HTC marketing and be misleading, you'll only have to use the device to know for sure, and for people in Singapore, we usually have 2 years (contract period) mulling over the bad decisio we made purchasing a HTC phone.
    i feel for you man....

    when I bought my HTC Flyer...HTC promised Honeycomb upgrade
    while every other devices get Honeycomb upgrades.....HTC Flyer users were still waiting and waiting....for more than half a year....no sound no picture....

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    oh no i scored 5 out of 10...
    >.<

  13. #13

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    not bad..i got 7/10 correct haha..
    But those photos were all sooo small…and the shooting conditions are almost perfect..so of course the phone camera will do well..
    Granted, phone cameras are getting better by the day…but they will never be able to overtake a proper DSLR in the proper hands that's for sure..it's called a phone for a reason..

    Actually, HTC quite smart…they removed the metadata from all the photos
    But you can still look at their filename and it will tell you which photo is DSLR and which is smartphone…that's their filenames hehe
    Last edited by spinworkxroy; 14th May 2012 at 11:23 PM.

  14. #14
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
    I got 7 out of 10. Looked at depth of field and dynamic range to decide.
    got 6. mostly is based on DR also.

    other wise, its really technique difference...

  15. #15

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

    just another way/line of marketing.

  16. #16

    Default Re: HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR



    not bad le..took this on my desire hd back then..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •