Thread: how many ways to adjust saturation?

Default how many ways to adjust saturation?

hi all,

i recently sent in some photos for printing after some photoshop editing and realise that though the increase saturation is nice ( by dragging the saturation bar), vertical fainted lines of different colors start to appear in the blue sky of the picture. i am using the S2pro. is there any other way to increase the saturation without having to see the noise appearing in the sky? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    hi all,

i recently sent in some photos for printing after some photoshop editing and realise that though the increase saturation is nice ( by dragging the saturation bar), vertical fainted lines of different colors start to appear in the blue sky of the picture. i am using the S2pro. is there any other way to increase the saturation without having to see the noise appearing in the sky? thank you
    i assume u're talking about color banding. it's quite common.
    try editing in 16 bit color and use a bit of cloning along the lines to make it less obvious.
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    hi all,

If you have an S2pro (I used to long for one!!!) do you shoot in RAW? In which case, if you process using the 'Camera Raw' in PS it has much more subtle controls including Saturation... Also as Clown rightly says edit in 16 bit and you should avoid noticeable 'banding' problems.