Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPS Fuel Saver

Default Re: EPS Fuel Saver

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    Let me try my maths.
    The Unichip sells at RRP $850.
    If the unit adds 1km / litre mileage. Say 10% savings in fuel cost for easier calculation.
    I typically spend $300 on fuel per month. So every month I save $30 after I installed
    the unichip.

$850 / $30 = about 30months i.e. break even within 3 years.

If I spend $500 / mth , then I breakeven within 1.5year.

Not bad if it really saves 10% fuel. THis is the main assumption I see that needs to be checked/challenge.

Who else has tried Unichip? I am feel luke warm after doing the maths.
    $850 plus Dyno ? and install ?

there are 2nd hand chips in the market....or wait for others to dekit their cars

road tune may cost anything from 200 to 300, dyno tune about 150?

i think i will go for my dyno tune soon, just to see how much gain i actually got from the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    $850 plus Dyno ? and install ?
    Not meh? Their website made it sound like installation and tuning is included in this price.
    Anyone can confirm?

\
    i am usually on sports mode 1. sometimes 7. and i am achieving 13.4KM/L on my 1.8 stream. with a KN drop in filter. but even if i am a heavy footer on sport 7, i am still achieving 12.6KM/L on my speedo reading. which if calculations were done properly. it should be a +1 on all rreadings. so if u plus 1km on every reading. i am actually consuming 14.5KM/L for being light footed or on sports 1,and 13.6 on sports 7.

i have minor mods on my car also. spoiler, side skirts, sports grill and 15" rims. and of course KN filter and P3D.
    i dont have much mods on my car. but my fc used to hoover at about 6km/l. after i changed tires, it went up to about 9 and i am still using oversized tires.

as for uni chip, i would probably save it and use my own brain chip. Just tell myself to resist overtaking those idiot taxi men out there... must learn to endure the road bullies on the road....

Why there needs a +1km ?

well... not like fuel saving....

theres not really a fuel saving product out there lah, but more of products that promote fuel efficiency..

many pple who installed unichipQ will eventually sell off their set and set on Pivot 3 Drive.

pivot 3 drive allows u to set what kind of drive mode u wish. of course theres the economy mode and the sports mode.

i am usually on sports mode 1. sometimes 7. and i am achieving 13.4KM/L on my 1.8 stream. with a KN drop in filter. but even if i am a heavy footer on sport 7, i am still achieving 12.6KM/L on my speedo reading. which if calculations were done properly. it should be a +1 on all rreadings. so if u plus 1km on every reading. i am actually consuming 14.5KM/L for being light footed or on sports 1,and 13.6 on sports 7.

i have minor mods on my car also. spoiler, side skirts, sports grill and 15" rims. and of course KN filter and P3D.

for Pivot 3 drive, it's normally for electronic throttle car

wanna know how to save fuel and increase mileage, read this...

http://www.carbibles.com/gasmileage.html
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

fuelsaver12
    Guests

Default Fuel Saver

Hi,
    The Tornado Fuel Saver is one of these so-called gas saving products, which is a modification to your car that the companies claim save gas mileage and in turn, save you hundreds of dollars on gas, and helps the fuel economy in general. You can get more information from www.gainex.co.uk/.

fuelsaver13
    Guests

Default Fuel Saver

Hi,
    Being a non-moving turbine shaped device, the Tornado Fuel Saver creates a vortex or swirling effect to the engine of your car, truck or SUV. This swirling effect helps in atomizing the air and fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. You can get more information from www.gainex.co.uk/.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12