Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help on Group shot

Default Re: Help on Group shot

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    Don't use a telephoto lens. Use a wider angle.
    Again... that would depend on how far you are from your subject. Using a telephoto lens can isolate your subject very well.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

This is why being untrained and inexperience is a problem if you intend to try to do work that once in a saner world they ask a full timer to do.

Dude you own a DSLR how hard is it to get 3 people to give you 1 hour of their time to test it out. This is how full timers learn before they go an take a job in an area they are not experienced in. Best understand what kind of group photo they are wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by dougs View Post
    try searching on flickr or a photography image host website for a football team, see if they have the data on the photo, what aperture they shooting at and all.

i think they usually focus on the last row of players
    You're referring to this?

Rob Galbraith DPI: PLM umbrellas offer sweet combo of efficiency and softness

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    This is why being untrained and inexperience is a problem if you intend to try to do work that once in a saner world they ask a full timer to do.

Dude you own a DSLR how hard is it to get 3 people to give you 1 hour of their time to test it out. This is how full timers learn before they go an take a job in an area they are not experienced in. Best understand what kind of group photo they are wanting.
    Just get 3 of your best friends or family members to pose for you to try lor; they should be ok. If you have a problem with that or you want to experiment without bringing inconvenience to anyone, soft toys or potted plants or trees would do just as well.

I have this winnie the pooh soft toy that has been my model for so many occasion
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12