Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Going On at 12mm?

Quote Originally Posted by detritus

depends what u're using the lens for i guess... if u intend to use square filters most of the time, maybe u dun need the original hood? can get the square hood with filter holders instead.
    it depends on its use. 12-24 Is a good walkaround lens actually. I prefer it more than da 21 limited,.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Default Re: What's Going On at 12mm?

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    depends what u're using the lens for i guess... if u intend to use square filters most of the time, maybe u dun need the original hood? can get the square hood with filter holders instead.
    Hmmmm... well in retrospect, the reason why i gave up the sigma 10-20 for this lens is because it is more versatile and it can be used as a walkabout lens, doing double duty as landscape and also some enviromental portraits. I need the hood. I feel heck of alot safer with it on as i am less likely to bang the front element or even smudge it when i carry it around in crowded or cramped environments.

So here's the latest update (just in case someone needs to get replacement stuff for their Pentax equipment): i brought my K-5 down to check on a small niggly problem. So i asked them if they can bring in the DA 12-24 hood for me. I gave Francis the lens hood designation and in a day or 2 he emailed me back to give the quotation after checking with Pentax Japan. It was $35 with GST. Considering that B&H may only charge around USD 18.00 but shipping charges is already around USD 40.00, i said OK.

Useful info if you guys ever need any thing replaced.

I lost one of the the Strap D-ring Covers on my K-5 too and asked Emjay for a quote. That little tiny thing costs $25.00 plus GST Got it anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    So here's the latest update (just in case someone needs to get replacement stuff for their Pentax equipment): i brought my K-5 down to check on a small niggly problem. So i asked them if they can bring in the DA 12-24 hood for me. I gave Francis the lens hood designation and in a day or 2 he emailed me back to give the quotation after checking with Pentax Japan. It was $35 with GST. Considering that B&H may only charge around USD 18.00 but shipping charges is already around USD 40.00, i said OK.

I lost one of the the Strap D-ring Covers on my K-5 too and asked Emjay for a quote. That little tiny thing costs $25.00 plus GST Got it anyway...
    Good to know that

That covers cost $25? Man, I just gave away a pair to a never-seen friend here FOC ...

Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy

Oh I also need a 12-24 hood... Sigh...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Good to know that

That covers cost $25? Man, I just gave away a pair to a never-seen friend here FOC ...
    Alamak! I should have asked you earlier la, FW! Silly me...

Alamak! I should have asked you earlier la, FW! Silly me...
    Next time you know whom to ask first if you need something

Next time you know whom to ask first if you need something
    Yeah, FW, aka BetterThanEmjay. Haha!

wow! I also lost one my D-ring cover thingies on my K5. Does FW have anymore? I'll be happy to buy you a beer in exchange!

Sorry I don't have any more spare ones.

Haha, I wish

those d ring cover can diy. Just get some leather or PVC leather and cut into shape and cut a small hole in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalpel22 View Post
    those d ring cover can diy. Just get some leather or PVC leather and cut into shape and cut a small hole in the center.
    That's a good idea, especially since i only lost one, not 2. i could have used it as the template... unfortunately i committed to the order liao.

Haha, I wish
    But it is true. You have lenses, bodies and other accessories that Emjay don't even know how to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    wow! I also lost one my D-ring cover thingies on my K5. Does FW have anymore? I'll be happy to buy you a beer in exchange!
    eh if u dont mind u can get nikon ones from NSC. they are simply a few dollars each, works the same haha.

Thanks for all the useful suggestions guys! I used my K5 for a few months before putting on the strap... Then I realized one was missing! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    That's a good idea, especially since i only lost one, not 2. i could have used it as the template... unfortunately i committed to the order liao.
    U 2 can buy a pair and share share 1 each . Haha
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    U 2 can buy a pair and share share 1 each . Haha
    Wahaha! I should have applied more creative thinking!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123