Prohibition on extraction of water
—(1) No person shall, without the approval of the Board, construct any works for taking or intercepting water from any place or sea, within the territorial limits of Singapore.
(2) An application for approval to construct any works for taking or intercepting water from any such place or sea shall be made in such form as the Board may require.
(3) In considering an application made under this section, the Board may require the applicant to furnish such particulars and plans for the proposed works as it thinks fit.
(4) In granting any approval under this section, the Board may impose such conditions as it thinks fit.
(5) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $20,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months.
(6) This section shall not apply to the lands, buildings and installations of the Board.