Thread: Abolish PSLE?

Default Abolish PSLE?

Heard on radio some discussion about abolishing PSLE. But I was wondering, then everyone will want to go to RI or HCI, then how? If you have the network or just heng heng get into P1, you set all the way till U. But if you child got into Jalan Kayu Neighbourhood Gangsta Institute, then how?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Abolish PSLE?

all schools are equal, but some schools are "more equal" than others

its very hard, for people who don't have the necessary resources to catch up with those who have extra resources imho.

possible, but very hard.

if PSLE you do very well, and u maintain your stuff in whateva good sch u go to, you tend to be up on the list for scholarships etc...
    if you dont, you can try and pia. i know people who managed to do so, currently getting scholarships waiting to be highflyer... but those are rarities.

take away PSLE, i think stuff will still sort itself out, and you will still see the various groups spreading to each school.
    schools still have their own sorting mechanisms. KPIs are still on the school's agenda!
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 7th May 2012 at 09:46 AM.

If PSLE is abolished, then primary schools will have to conduct their own primary six examination.
    From the result of the examination, pupils will then be streamlined to various secondary schools, whether
    to RI, CHIJ, etc
    Last edited by henry soh; 7th May 2012 at 07:06 PM.

crazy day to start with abolish PSLE....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by henry soh View Post
    Don't think PSLE can be abolished unless there is a better streaming system to replace it and what better streaming system
    is there to consider. PSLE is stressful to the young. So, they are thinking of a better way of streaming to avoid this.
    reminds me of sparta...

Sparta was above all a militarist state, and emphasis on military fitness began virtually at birth. Shortly after birth, a mother would bathe her child in wine to see whether the child was strong. If the child survived it was brought before the Gerousia by the child's father. The Gerousia then decided whether it was to be reared or not. If they considered it "puny and deformed", the baby was thrown into a chasm on Mount Taygetos known euphemistically as the Apothetae
    but that's just me haha!

With my child at 3 years old now, i think this is the first good step to tame down our dog eat dog society....at least i no need to chiong to be volunteer at the school which just across the street