Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Falling tree crushed cars

  1. #1
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Falling tree crushed cars

    Just saw on news 60 over trees fell today by strong winds. 4 cars crushed. I wonder will insurance pay? And pay how much? Anyone know?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Just saw on news 60 over trees fell today by strong winds. 4 cars crushed. I wonder will insurance pay? And pay how much? Anyone know?
    IIRC No. Considered as "act of god".

  3. #3

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    not covered by insurance.

  4. #4
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Rain is scary today. Saw no less than 3 accidents on the road today and now, 60 falling trees? :O
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  5. #5

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Rain is scary today. Saw no less than 3 accidents on the road today and now, 60 falling trees? :O
    i had no idea. i slept through it

  6. #6
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    i had no idea. i slept through it
    No wonder you're still up at 2am LOL
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  7. #7

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Damn big rain. hiding in explorer kidz now.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Damn big rain. hiding in explorer kidz now.
    i slept right through it again

  9. #9
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    i slept right through it again
    I just <3 sleeping in the rain. Small rain in the morning in pasir ris
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  10. #10
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    i slept right through it again
    Kei's true form
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  11. #11

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    I just <3 sleeping in the rain. Small rain in the morning in pasir ris
    you mean sleeping when it's raining not in the rain

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Kei's true form
    HAHAHA



    i work the graveyard shift at Starbucks Changi Airport T3

  12. #12
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    you mean sleeping when it's raining not in the rain
    Yeah exactly what I meant xD do wad was wrong with me just now
    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    HAHAHA

    i work the graveyard shift at Starbucks Changi Airport T3
    Apologies. This is your true form
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  13. #13

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    argh. troll has spoken. i'm officially a pig

  14. #14
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    argh. troll has spoken. i'm officially a pig
    Trolls may be banned from CS eh :worried:
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  15. #15
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Trolls may be banned from CS eh :worried:
    It's ok. I'm sure Kei's is a really benevolent unlike others who will immediately spam the report button repeatedly.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  16. #16

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    It's ok. I'm sure Kei's is a really benevolent unlike others who will immediately spam the report button repeatedly.
    haha. i'm a really cute pig ok

  17. #17
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Although trees do fall in the wild once a while, to have so many trees fell during a single storm is strange. I wonder are these man-caused or nature?

    When we plant 'instant trees', have we consider the environment the trees are planted. Once the trees are planted, you have people that come along to dig and cut the roots out to build road, drains, lay cables, etc. When the brenches are low, we trim them and the trees grow higher but the base is still small.

    Greening is good but people involved in this must also understand more. I feel so sorry for those cars damaged by the trees. Luckily, nobody is harmed.

  18. #18
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah
    Although trees do fall in the wild once a while, to have so many trees fell during a single storm is strange. I wonder are these man-caused or nature?

    When we plant 'instant trees', have we consider the environment the trees are planted. Once the trees are planted, you have people that come along to dig and cut the roots out to build road, drains, lay cables, etc. When the brenches are low, we trim them and the trees grow higher but the base is still small.

    Greening is good but people involved in this must also understand more. I feel so sorry for those cars damaged by the trees. Luckily, nobody is harmed.
    Those poor people. Cannot claim insurance.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  19. #19

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    super sian... car owners have to bear the consequence... it is NEA’s job to keep the trees in tip top condition! LOL

  20. #20

    Default Re: Falling tree crushed cars

    Quote Originally Posted by MicSanity View Post
    super sian... car owners have to bear the consequence... it is NEA’s job to keep the trees in tip top condition! LOL
    also NEA's job to catch all the rain so we don't even have a single "ponding" incident ever? not even a drain's water level hitting the halfway mark?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •