Thread: Jurong point.

Default Jurong point.

First try, comments welcome.
    Taken with Canon IXUS v2.

Midnight
    Guests

I really like the composition. All those lines add up to a pretty interesting design. The sky is also well exposed, but maybe you might want to try bringing out some of the shadow detail in Photoshop or some other image manipulation program, unless you prefer the high contrast / partly silhouetted look. Perhaps metering off the ceiling panels might have produced a more balanced exposure (but then again the sky would probably be washed out--so it depends on which is the more important element in your photo), but good work nonetheless! Just my S$0.02's worth.

Originally posted by Midnight
    I really like the composition. All those lines add up to a pretty interesting design. The sky is also well exposed, but maybe you might want to try bringing out some of the shadow detail in Photoshop or some other image manipulation program, unless you prefer the high contrast / partly silhouetted look. Perhaps metering off the ceiling panels might have produced a more balanced exposure (but then again the sky would probably be washed out--so it depends on which is the more important element in your photo), but good work nonetheless! Just my S$0.02's worth.
    Thanks, will keep in mind.

hey midnight, thanks for giving my photo a critique also. =)

intoxique, i find that the left panels and right panels are not exactly horizontal. I think even if your camera is held at that angle, you could have paid more attention to how level your camera is without the aid of a horizon.

Because it's a little slanted, to me, it looks like a little newbie mistake. If it was supposed to be level, then the panels should be level. If you intend to rotate it, then daringly rotate the shot. This could give you stronger composition.