Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cleaning and maintaining your camera??? AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate

  1. #1

    Default Cleaning and maintaining your camera??? AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate

    I have regularly cleaned my sesors and my lenses. Still I have recently noticed that my AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be....

  2. #2

    Default AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be

    I have regularly cleaned my sensor and my lenses. Still I have noticed that my AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be. Clearly, I got great results but my Nikon D3 started to be inaccurate and often misses the subject. It used to be more accurate. The lenses are clean. What should I do? (Please don't tell me to buy the new D4! LOL

  3. #3
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Can send for calibration... Right?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be

    Main sensor is not used for AF. And cleaning lenses is also useless if the AF motor is affected. I suggested to pack your gear and bring it to Nikon Service Center. Apart from that: nothing is more inaccurate as human senses
    EOS

  5. #5
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haring
    I have regularly cleaned my sensor and my lenses. Still I have noticed that my AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be. Clearly, I got great results but my Nikon D3 started to be inaccurate and often misses the subject. It used to be more accurate. The lenses are clean. What should I do? (Please don't tell me to buy the new D4! LOL
    Could be your af sensor is dirty.

    Also a couple of my friends with d3 have the same problem after a couple years of use. One of them broight it in and the af sensor needs to replaced...

  6. #6

    Default Re: AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Main sensor is not used for AF. And cleaning lenses is also useless if the AF motor is affected. I suggested to pack your gear and bring it to Nikon Service Center. Apart from that: nothing is more inaccurate as human senses
    LOL! I agree!!!!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Cleaning and maintaining your camera??? AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Could be your af sensor is dirty.

    Also a couple of my friends with d3 have the same problem after a couple years of use. One of them broight it in and the af sensor needs to replaced...
    No good news! I will send it!

  8. #8

    Default Re: AF is not as snappy, fast and accurate as it used to be

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Main sensor is not used for AF. And cleaning lenses is also useless if the AF motor is affected. I suggested to pack your gear and bring it to Nikon Service Center. Apart from that: nothing is more inaccurate as human senses
    I have to agree! The problem is that I have to send everything to a service center. It takes for a while to get them back. I wish I could somehow tell whether they really need to be serviced and sent away for weeks while I am without a back up camera...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •