Thread: Healing brush

Default Healing brush

Hi,

I used to use healing brush and clone tool for touch up of my photo.

Of late, when I the healing brush and clone tool, I always got the error msg - Option click to define a source point - even though I have already Option click. Can any one enlighten me on this matter.

Many thanks in advance
    CANON 7D, 70-200 F4 IS L, 17-40 F4 L, 100 F2.8 Macro, 50 F1.8, TAMRON 28-75 F2.8, 580EX

Default Re: Healing brush

try using another keyboard... sometimes, it might be due to a key getting stuck, so that the "option" key does not register when you try to make a source point

Will try your suggestion. Thanks
    CANON 7D, 70-200 F4 IS L, 17-40 F4 L, 100 F2.8 Macro, 50 F1.8, TAMRON 28-75 F2.8, 580EX

Healing and clone are 2 different tools.
    Healing doesn't require a source point, you just select the layer, adjust the brush size and click on the area.

For clone, it does require a reference point. You hold the Alt key and left click on a reference point, then click on the area you want to clone out.
    An artist who realizes there is a supreme force and works gladly as an apprentice under heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth67C View Post
    Healing and clone are 2 different tools.
    Healing doesn't require a source point, you just select the layer, adjust the brush size and click on the area.

For clone, it does require a reference point. You hold the Alt key and left click on a reference point, then click on the area you want to clone out.
    that's the "Spot Healing" tool, not the "Healing" tool... "Healing" requires a source...

believe the TS is a Mac user, thus the "Option" rather than "Alt" key...