Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philosophising in decision making

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

Ventures Catholic High Girl Ventures
    So you are a girl xD woah cath high. Not bad xD. Cath high Got 2nd for NPC last year :P grats
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by henry soh
    Alright, The question is should a patient go for surgery for a cervical nerve compression and
    the patient is suffering from pain. He is required to make his own decision. He is 60 years old
    with mild diabetes type 2 and high blood for which he is under medication.
    You said "He is required to make his own decision"'.

You don't agree? You want us to decide for him? You don't believe he's 60 years old or has diabetes?

Why the post?

Default Re: Philosophising in decision making

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    You said "He is required to make his own decision"'.

You don't agree? You want us to decide for him? You don't believe he's 60 years old or has diabetes?

Why the post?
    bro... don't bother with replying properly. Henry Soh is never coherent and usually utters "facts" that cannot be verified.

u did notice "Cervical Nerve Compression" right? any male you know that has a cervix is usually a woman.

unless it's cerebral nerve compression. then i have nothing to say. but for a member who has proven time and time again to keep saying things that cannot be verified or are not true, i have reason to doubt the validity of the claims

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    So you are a girl xD woah cath high. Not bad xD. Cath high Got 2nd for NPC last year :P grats
    2nd place... meh.

2nd place... meh.
    Kinda OT already haha
    My Flickr

to be a Scout, or not to be a Scout. that is the question

to be a Scout, or not to be a Scout. that is the question
    Aren't we already? XD
    My Flickr

bro... don't bother with replying properly. Henry Soh is never coherent and usually utters "facts" that cannot be verified.

u did notice "Cervical Nerve Compression" right? any male you know that has a cervix is usually a woman.

unless it's cerebral nerve compression. then i have nothing to say. but for a member who has proven time and time again to keep saying things that cannot be verified or are not true, i have reason to doubt the validity of the claims
    Actually, he is right about the cervical nerve thing.

No it's not down there, the top 7 pieces of the backbone of your spine are called cervical vertebrae. the nerves for the arms and back etc emanate from the gaps between these vertebrae. When the gap closes due to soft tissue degeneration, the nerves get compressed and the results are back pains and numbness of fingers, skin sensation of the arms. It can be very painful.

Yeah, no fun. Its fairly common. I know, cos I got the problem too.

Swimming helps and I mean helps a lot, it's really back exercises to strengthen the back muscles to take the weight off the joints. I confirmed the problem in jan, after a month of swimming, the back pain stopped and is only returns if I slouch. Still got slight numbness at finger tips

Alright, The question is should a patient go for surgery for a cervical nerve compression and
    the patient is suffering from pain. He is required to make his own decision. He is 60 years old
    with mild diabetes type 2 and high blood for which he is under medication.
    Alright, ignoring your strange question, if it's one.

Go swim, it works for the nerve compression.

Postpone the op until swimming proves beyond help. Reasons, no philosophy here,:

1. There is a non-operation option - swim
    2. Diabetics and operations are bad combinations - poor healing
    3. Backbone operations are bad ideas - you might lose more than pain

What causes Cervical Nerve compression, google and know. There are a lot of people
    suffering from this illness and queuing up for Surgery, especially those above 60 years.
    Everybody will grow old in time to come. It is a matter of time. You will never get this
    ilness from swimming, even if you swim daily for decades.
    Last edited by henry soh; 6th May 2012 at 10:17 AM.

What causes Cervical Nerve compression, google and know. There are a lot of people
    suffering from this illness and queuing up for Surgery, especially those above 60 years.
    Everybody will grow old in time to come. It is a matter of time. You will never get this
    What qystan is saying is that swimming helps to relieve the pain. Not cause it
    My Flickr

You will never get this from swimming - true but does not mean you'll never get this if you swim.

It's degeneration and that is slowed with exercise, in any form. Fitness is the word, token exercise does not do much, in fact probably more injurious. .

There is one exercise that accelerates getting this illness if you overdo it in your younger age,
    besides causes such as neck injury from falling while walking and motor accidents. Sufferers
    wear collar bracer for support to prevent it from getting worse. Swimming has lesser gravitational pull than
    walking, sitting and sleeping. So there is lesser pain sufffering from it than when you exercise.
    Last edited by henry soh; 6th May 2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by henry soh View Post
    There is one exercise that accelerates getting this illness if you overdo it in your younger age,...
    Guess.

Basketball.

ah my apologies to Mr Soh.

A risk-taker opting for a major surgery decides whether there is any benefit to be derived from recovery
    after the operation and, if so, does it outweigh the risk of not recovering.
    The risk of not recovering depends on the fitness level of the risk-taker and how serious is the ilness
    among other factors. So, the best decision is left to the risk-taker to decide, whether to go or not to go,
    that is the difficult question; no one else can decide.

Spinal cord surgery is a risk.
    Not all doctors are excellent.
    If things go wrong the downside is terrible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12