Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations of Lens for 5DMIII

Default Re: Recommendations of Lens for 5DMIII

Yes..I will suggest the 24-105 f4L too. Its light. Reasonable priced, constant F4 and very useful effective focal length from wide to tele.
    There is a reason why Canon packed them as kit lens for full frame camera.. Go for it. (unless u want a prime then..)

Thanks everyone for your humble comments and advice. I have actually thinking of the 24-70mm MII. but the price and the weight is a concern. thought of the 50mm F1.4 Sigma becos I can shoot at night without lugging a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by wm910 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your humble comments and advice. I have actually thinking of the 24-70mm MII. but the price and the weight is a concern. thought of the 50mm F1.4 Sigma becos I can shoot at night without lugging a flash.
    Even if it was a f1.4... u might still need a flash, depending on how bad the lighting is... and sometime lighting is pretty bad.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Even if it was a f1.4... u might still need a flash, depending on how bad the lighting is... and sometime lighting is pretty bad.
    Oh okok. I agreed. thanks.

personally, 24-105L is pretty good and bundled as a kit lens for your 5D3.

One very curious thing, 5D3 is a Pro camera, a Pro guy know what lens suit them the most rather than asking in the forum. And this kind of post is not so suitable in this newbie forum le... (only entry, mid-intermediate, prosumer guys asking)
    Bro, i guess you are a rich guy...

Quote Originally Posted by gunston

One very curious thing, 5D3 is a Pro camera, a Pro guy know what lens suit them the most rather than asking in the forum. And this kind of post is not so suitable in this newbie forum le... (only entry, mid-intermediate, prosumer guys asking)
    Bro im not a pro does nt mean having a very ex cam is one too. I got nothing to be ashamed of and wont lie to say im a pro and post in other section. I am someone who loves gadgets and would like to buy them.

I save and scrimp, sold off my 7D and other lenses just to buy this great cam. I admit I'm lousy and a greenhorn. I'm really sorry of I have offend anyone or waste their time replying me. Once again thanks for all your humble advice.

Bro im not a pro does nt mean having a very ex cam is one too. I got nothing to be ashamed of and wont lie to say im a pro and post in other section. I am someone who loves gadgets and would like to buy them.

I save and scrimp, sold off my 7D and other lenses just to buy this great cam. I admit I'm lousy and a greenhorn. I'm really sorry of I have offend anyone or waste their time replying me. Once again thanks for all your humble advice.
    Haha, no hard feeling gadget collector, i am a newbie too. .

Gunston bro, I think your assumption is a bit harsh, don't you think? By the same analogy, all Nissan GTR owners are pro racing drivers? Either that or they are very rich?
    I respect ppl like wm910, who scrimp and save to buy their favourite gadgets. We all yearn to have the best and newest toys, but that does not equate to the fact that we are all borne with a silver spoon. It also does not mean that non-pros cannot own a high-end pro camera. There is no shame in asking questions and seeking opinions in forums like these. That's what the forums are meant for, right? We share our experiences and everybody gains out of it at the end of the day. Even if we do not own the same equipment, we as thread-viewers also benefitted from such frank discussions. Just my 2 cents worth. Let's not judge every book by its cover even before reading the forward. Cheers!

24-105L is a good lens to have. Alot of ppl letting go in BnS for a pretty good price supply is high and demand low? So worth getting this time

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW
    Yes..I will suggest the 24-105 f4L too. Its light. Reasonable priced, constant F4 and very useful effective focal length from wide to tele.
    There is a reason why Canon packed them as kit lens for full frame camera.. Go for it. (unless u want a prime then..)
    Plus 1.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by Gigarex

Gunston bro, I think your assumption is a bit harsh, don't you think? By the same analogy, all Nissan GTR owners are pro racing drivers? Either that or they are very rich?
    I respect ppl like wm910, who scrimp and save to buy their favourite gadgets. We all yearn to have the best and newest toys, but that does not equate to the fact that we are all borne with a silver spoon. It also does not mean that non-pros cannot own a high-end pro camera. There is no shame in asking questions and seeking opinions in forums like these. That's what the forums are meant for, right? We share our experiences and everybody gains out of it at the end of the day. Even if we do not own the same equipment, we as thread-viewers also benefitted from such frank discussions. Just my 2 cents worth. Let's not judge every book by its cover even before reading the forward. Cheers!
    Thanks Bro Gigarex. I appreciate it.

Would you consider 17-40 f/4 and 70-200 f/4 ?

I think both can be bought 2nd hand for about $2K. Probably slightly over
    Gives you that ultra-wideness and also the reach. Of course you end up with 3 lenses (incl your 50/1.8) to switch between.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by gunston View Post

5Ds are classified as prosumer cameras, the 1Ds are then professional cameras so I don't see it as he's not suitable to post it in this newbie forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyep View Post
    5Ds are classified as prosumer cameras, the 1Ds are then professional cameras so I don't see it as he's not suitable to post it in this newbie forum.
    The point is... so what if it is beginner camera, semi-pro camera, professional camera or anything higher or in between. There really is no such thing limit anyone to get whatever camera or gadget that he/she like, and be it that they are newbie or professionals.

I mean, if I can afford it, I would get myself a 5DmkIII and a 1DX, but that does not make me a professional, just someone who like the gear and I am as new as any newbies here too.

So bottomline is... anyone is qualify to post their questions in this forum
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12