Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: MLS Group

Default Re: MLS Group

Quote Originally Posted by robin-ang View Post
    Part15 Sunset+Lightrail
    hope my shoot no dissapointed you all

You said " hope my shoot no disappointed you all"..
    You must also ask yourself how do you feel about this shot? Are you disappointed with your own shot and why? How do you feel about the composition. So a bit of self critiques first would be good.
    Btw should pay more attention to the details in your photo. You have a lot of "bunnies' in the sky and it could be your sensor or lens is dirty.
    In this photo the sunset is quite nice and you are trying to present the light trails. Stacking multiple exposures would be interesting for post processing. As for composition, a square crop will present a better focus on those light trails, in my opinion.
    Last edited by MGohzxc; 27th June 2012 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc

You must also ask yourself how do you feel about this shot? Are you disappointed with your own shot and why? How do you feel about the composition. So a bit of self critiques first would be good.
    Btw should pay more attention to the details in your photo. You have a lot of "bunnies' in the sky and it could be your sensor or lens is dirty.
    In this photo the sunset is quite nice and you are trying to present the light trails. Stacking multiple exposures would be interesting for post processing. As for composition, a square crop will present a better focus on those light trails, in my opinion.
    Guys, learn from this master. She's really good

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i want to learn.

[QUOTE=thoongeng;7960590} (4s F8 ISO100 EFL16mm, no filters)
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowenoughhappy/7172918801/]

Hi, I think presentation is very important for the viewer and also attention to details. The angle you shot for this photo is definitely not good for composition. The jetty is touching the background and should have a separation between them. Most of the time and if you are shooting in raw, post processing is important to bring out good details from the raw files. For example, the sky has quite interesting clouds details which can help the photo to look a little more interesting. Highlights and shadows are important and sometimes can make the photo "pop".

What I'm trying to say here is the presentation to the viewer is very important and attention to details.

I have used the black card technique for almost two years and is fun but not every time you shoot a land or seascape photo. I do not know what lens you are using and I am not a technical person. For this photo, will be good to shoot at f16 to get a little more focus on those "chimneys" in the background which I find it quite interesting too.

This is just a quick example how you can bring out some details for the sky.

Let me know to remove it.
    Last edited by MGohzxc; 27th June 2012 at 05:01 PM.

In fact, i believe i can learn from Manita as well

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    In fact, i believe i can learn from Manita as well
    Hi Kei 1309,
    Don't say like that... I am also learning and of course share.. Today no home work so just kaypo kaypo abit.......

[QUOTE=eawtan;7957730]Thanks to robin for organising today's (labrador outing - 09 June 2012).

Let me start by sharing my snaps taken ...

I think this shot is very interesting or some may say good potential.... Highlights are quite blown out and too bluish even for the water. A little out of focus too.
    What makes it interesting is the those smoke from the chimneys and the clouds. I think a B&W photo will be good and bring out more details for the those clouds and smoke in the post process.
    Last edited by MGohzxc; 27th June 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Hi Kei 1309,
    Don't say like that... I am also learning and of course share.. Today no home work so just kaypo kaypo abit.......
    Can I ask what is done to the clouds during PP? Thanks!!

Why I said "hope no disappointed " is because here are much more senior on here and a lot of opinion and suggestion and what was I like might not be you all like

Yup my sensor is dirty was waiting for canon marathon for free clean sensor haha...><
    "ps: forget to remove went I was edit at the end just post and make it for sharing"

If stack the photo the light trail would be very complicated because what I am going to show at this photo is the clear light trail and nice sunset.

Anyway thanks for your suggestion I will try to take noted with it

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

Can share which picture?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

Sure will every of suggestion and share...I will write in on my note book

Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    Hi Kei 1309,
    i wish i can give the same excuse. but Work is Work

and soon i'll have home work too

Quote Originally Posted by robin-ang

Can share which picture?
    The one which was edited from Thoongeng's picture

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Hi, Sorry I did it so quick and will try............ For this one, I will first go into my favorite Silver Efex for conversation to black and white and in the preset, I use a orange filter to have the clouds visible comparing to the original shot. Then, I uses another software for tonal contrast and that is where I will play with three different slider, highlight contrast, mid tone contrast and most important shadow contrast. After this, add a little shadow and highlight. Tonal contrast is something like tonemapping. To make it a little more interesting, I did a little cross processing in order not to have it in total black and white.

Hi, Sorry I did it so quick and will try............ For this one, I will first go into my favorite Silver Efex for conversation to black and white and in the preset, I use a orange filter to have the clouds visible comparing to the original shot. Then, I uses another software for tonal contrast and that is where I will play with three different slider, highlight contrast, mid tone contrast and most important shadow contrast. After this, add a little shadow and highlight. Tonal contrast is something like tonemapping. To make it a little more interesting, I did a little cross processing in order not to have it in total black and white.
    Wow thanks!! Really learned something today

Quote Originally Posted by robin-ang View Post
    Why I said "hope no disappointed " is because here are much more senior on here and a lot of opinion and suggestion and what was I like might not be you all like

Yup my sensor is dirty was waiting for canon marathon for free clean sensor haha...><
    "ps: forget to remove went I was edit at the end just post and make it for sharing"
    If stack the photo the light trail would be very complicated because what I am going to show at this photo is the clear light trail and nice sunset.

Anyway thanks for your suggestion I will try to take noted with it
    Yes and of course there will be many opinion and suggestion. What I'm saying is that you must know what you think of your own photo first. Self critiques will also help yourself to improve.

Hi, you are also a macro shooter and you know about good details like shadow, contrast, highlights and so on...

Hi, you are also a macro shooter and you know about good details like shadow, contrast, highlights and so on...
    Yup but I have never thought of using silver efex and it's filters to bring out details in landscapes. I need to experiment on that more=)

Silver Efex is a software for conversion into B&W only. For tone mapping or tonal contrast adjustment, is a different software and it will also work in color too.

Thanks for your sharing I also pick some cent today haha...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast