Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Nikkor AF lens

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default Nikkor AF lens

    Hi,
    I'm a poor guy looking for a prime lens for my D70.
    I'm looking at 2 lenses:
    1. AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D
    2. AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

    I read some reviews on both these lenses, but I would like the opinions of some experienced users here (in particular the NUG). I actually want a faster fixed lens than the kit lens, with coverage of a film camera equivalent of 35mm. The AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 is a bit too expensive for me.

    So I guess the 28mm f/2.8 should suit me fine as this will give me something like 42mm lens coverage on the D70 and my budget.

    Anybody knows the estimate prices of the 28mm f/2.8 and 24mm f/2.8.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    You can consider AF 20 f/2.8D, AF 35 f/2D or the AF 50 f/1.8D. Versatile, well loved range for primes.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    You can consider AF 20 f/2.8D, AF 35 f/2D or the AF 50 f/1.8D. Versatile, well loved range for primes.
    Thanks espn for your very prompt response. I think I'll settle for the AF 35 f/2D as this is within my budget. The AF 20 f/2.8 is definitely better but will blow my pockets.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4

    Default

    How about trying the Sigma 24mm f1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro?

    chgoh

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Hi,
    I'm a poor guy looking for a prime lens for my D70.
    I'm looking at 2 lenses:
    1. AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D
    2. AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

    I read some reviews on both these lenses, but I would like the opinions of some experienced users here (in particular the NUG). I actually want a faster fixed lens than the kit lens, with coverage of a film camera equivalent of 35mm. The AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 is a bit too expensive for me.

    So I guess the 28mm f/2.8 should suit me fine as this will give me something like 42mm lens coverage on the D70 and my budget.

    Anybody knows the estimate prices of the 28mm f/2.8 and 24mm f/2.8.

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chgoh
    How about trying the Sigma 24mm f1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro?

    chgoh
    Hey thanks for your recommendation. Do you know the price of this lens? What's the filter size? Reason why I was looking at the Nikkors is that they're all 52mm filter size and I have quite a number of filters of that size.

    Thanks.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Hey thanks for your recommendation. Do you know the price of this lens? What's the filter size? Reason why I was looking at the Nikkors is that they're all 52mm filter size and I have quite a number of filters of that size.

    Thanks.
    Note sure. You might want to check with Cathay.

    chgoh

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chgoh
    Note sure. You might want to check with Cathay.

    chgoh
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    I would suggest you to buy first party prime lens rather than those 3rd party ones.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Hey thanks for your recommendation. Do you know the price of this lens? What's the filter size? Reason why I was looking at the Nikkors is that they're all 52mm filter size and I have quite a number of filters of that size.

    Thanks.
    Sigma 24mm f1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF MACRO filter size is 77mm.

    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/lenschart.htm

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USM
    Sigma 24mm f1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF MACRO filter size is 77mm.

    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/lenschart.htm
    Thanks for info. Yes agree with you

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •