Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of living here

India cut hair only cost 25 rupees...which is equal to sg$1. How to compare???

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor
    Perhaps I misunderstood your post. By saying 'made in Thailand' do you mean 'sold in Thailand'? If so, then it would be more reasonable to conclude that items here are more expensive.

As to your second point, no I am not expecting you to do a comprehensive survey. We have limited resources and limited access to data. What bugs me is that why is it people from other countries can retire comfortably at a 'decent' age but not here in Singapore? Unless of course you are very rich. It cant be because the cost of living is lower because I would assume that their salaries are lower and therefore their savings would be lower and there would be less in the bank once they retire.
    my sentiment is the same as yours in para 2. happy new year to you.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    the best is don't compare
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

cut yourself loh... put bowl on head..

Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    cut yourself loh... put bowl on head..
    Yeah boy! I cut 'bottom-hair' myself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor
    Perhaps I misunderstood your post. By saying 'made in Thailand' do you mean 'sold in Thailand'? If so, then it would be more reasonable to conclude that items here are more expensive.

As to your second point, no I am not expecting you to do a comprehensive survey. We have limited resources and limited access to data. What bugs me is that why is it people from other countries can retire comfortably at a 'decent' age but not here in Singapore? Unless of course you are very rich. It cant be because the cost of living is lower because I would assume that their salaries are lower and therefore their savings would be lower and there would be less in the bank once they retire.
    Could you quote statistics on how people from other countries can retire comfortably at a decent age? I think some statistics reveal singaporeans have one of the highest purchasing power in the world. I believe in some welfare states, the people can afford to live comfortably without working, but that puts a strain on the rich. I for one wouldn't want to live in a place where more than half of what i earn is being taxed away. At least i want to choose who i donate my money to.

Just be very careful with the scissors.

We don't want you turn into XXX Girl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12