Thread: Bangkok Tour

Default Bangkok Tour

Hi all....i'm planning a trip to Bangkok in mid Jan'2005 and this trip i'll be making a 1 day tour to Ayutthaya. As me and my friend are going there all on our own, wish to get some tips here how or what is the best way to travels up to Ayutthaya from Bangkok. Thks very much in advance.
    Happy New Year.

Get a taxi. I think it's abt SGD$70 (can't quite recall). Also, do plan your trip early. You have to decide on where you wanna go and not where the taxi driver wants to take you.
    I use Lonely Planet books as a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Hedge
    Get a taxi. I think it's abt SGD$70 (can't quite recall). Also, do plan your trip early. You have to decide on where you wanna go and not where the taxi driver wants to take you.
    I use Lonely Planet books as a guide.
    Taking a taxi?!

Going there is ok... Coming back is a problem... If you don't speak Thai, you will be reasonably stuck in Ayutthaya...

Try looking at the trips that the hotel offers... Might be a little bit more $$$, but really, in the situation that Thailand is in, it will be a lot safer for you...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

That's what I have always done in Bangkok. I take a cab to almost everywhere - Ayuthaya, Damnoen Saduak, Kanchanaburi. No problems whatsoever. Usually book the taxi for the whole day. Cab driver usually joins us for lunch. And I dun speak a word of Thai

my first time to ayutthaya, and the floating market, i booked tours online from www.thailandebooking.com

services pretty on time, but as per most tours, they'll bring you to other places/tourists traps you're not interested in...next time i might plan the trips on my own to see more of the locations....

thks for all the tips. i had been to bangkok a few times, mostly for relax and photo shooting trips but not Ayutthaya. will check out over there with my hotel. thks.