Thread: Epson P-2000 in Singapore

Default Epson P-2000 in Singapore

I just heard from my sources that Epson might be bringing the P-2000 into Singapore. Anyone heard anything about it? Apparently it's out of stock in Europe! Sheesh, isit really that good? anyone seen a live model before? I think i should get it in hongkong on my next trip in jan...

Quote Originally Posted by mrcamera
    I just heard from my sources that Epson might be bringing the P-2000 into Singapore. Anyone heard anything about it? Apparently it's out of stock in Europe! Sheesh, isit really that good? anyone seen a live model before? I think i should get it in hongkong on my next trip in jan...
    Is it going to be anounced soon?
    My wife going to New York end of this month and I'm asking her to buy for me.. if Epson is bringing in, I'll wait (for warranty etc).

Exclamation Reply from Epson Singapore...

Hi guys,

Have e-mailed to Epson Singapore with regards to the P-2000 and this is their reply...

Hi

Thank you for your emails and keen interest in our products.

We're sorry that we're unable to advise the launch date yet.
    It is difficult to estimate if the model will be launch in which month of
    this year.

However, we'll update you in future on the availability as soon as this
    model is accessible.
    Once the product is available, Epson will have a demonstration unit at Epson
    Square showroom ( Funan IT Mall, #04-36 )

Take note that Epson only warranties its product locally. ( no international
    warranty ),
    We're unable to offer free service for products that is purchased from
    overseas, though it is within the warranty status.

We hope that this reply has clarified.

We look forward to email to you again on the exact launch of the Epson
    P-2000.

Thank you for your support in Epson.

Rozi (Ms)
    Customer Service Officer
    Customer Service Promotion Division
    Epson Singapore Pte Ltd
    So... maybe it's coming in... or maybe not... but from the reply it looks quite positive....

How... how... how???

It is coming, but it will be another few months though, apparently there were plans to launch in by March 05 but due to unforseen worldwide demand, it has to be pushed back. Hmmm, looks like we have a ipod mini situation on our hands... Hope fully we can see it in april. heard that the package may be different here. i think the warranty is worth the wait. maybe the firmware will be very stable by then. how how how?

Then I'll wait then. Mean while no desperate plan to get it and I'm sure by the end of Q1 2005, the competition will drive the price down. May be P3000 for USD499?

Arrow

I hope that the Epson P2000 will be available here in Singapore soon.

saw a display (functional) piece at the IT show recently and spoke to the epson product manager. he was talking of launching some time in may 2005.

no confirmed pricing on it yet, but it definitely looks good. the lcd screen is beautiful!

cheers.
    satish
    My Website

Arrow

Just talked to the Epson sales representative at the above address at Funan IT mall.

She said that the Epson P2000 will be launched in the June/July time frame and to check the Epson Singapore website for update.

Yes, no recommended retail price yet.

UOB MINI cardholder can now buy P2000+R310 package as special price..i only want the r310..anyone want to buy the P2000 and share the special prices?

special bundle price for UOB MINI cardholder is $989 for the P2000 and R310..anytaker for the P2000 at $809?

U sure they got stock? Even so hows the warranty going to work
    as epson singapore didn't bring in yet?

Default read the small print

offer is only valid from 30 May till 29 July 2005...DUN GET TOO EXCITED ...still have to wait ..almost a month

Arrow

Does anyone have a link to the UOB Visa mini card offer ?

very tempting .. i borrowed one from a friend who got it from the States ... fantastic screen display and the battery life is good enough for a day's work ... can load about 15GB and still do some preview ...

almost grab one in Japan last week while on photo assignment but I decided to hold back coz I am hoping for Epson Singapore to bring it in ..

so now i guess i will have to wait patiently for the launch ... definitely keen on it ... only wish the hard disk space is bigger ... my images size is too huge ..

Arrow

In Australia the Epson P2000 RRP is A$899.

I wonder what the price will it be in Singapore and I am not certain if the slated date of introducing the unit in June will be fulfilled as it is very quiet on the Epson Singapore marketing front.

The only advertising that I have seen is only on the free Photo magazine in March 2005.

Arrow

I have just talked to the Epson Sales rep at the Funan IT mall. The RRP of the Epson is S$938.

It is available from today, 20/05/05 from
    1) South Asia Computer, Funan.
    2) Cathay photo
    3) Skylet, Sim Lim Square
    4) Global IT, Sim Lim Square

I bought my Epson P2000 at the South Asia Computer, Funan and the price was S$888.

HTH.

Default Epson P-2000

Keith,

I'm interested to explore. Kindly contact me at 98519711.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by keithjhee
    special bundle price for UOB MINI cardholder is $989 for the P2000 and R310..anytaker for the P2000 at $809?