Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr Toh of Cathay Photo donates

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    .....but your thoughts are annoying nonetheless
    I do apologise if it makes you all feel annoyed basically I do really don't mean anything, was just raising my curiousity. Like they say, curiousity kills the cat.

Jason, I know what you meant well, if it's me I probably won't bother what others said about me. Thanks for your kind tip. I'm pretty sensitive to the issue as I've also friends still on the MIA list, thus my curiousity. Surfing EDMW @ HWZ doesn't really help, really.

I don't have to retract my thoughts, what's said is said. I have no intention of erasing what I've already said. Just only apologies will do now.

Guys, lets stop the argument...
    While sitting at home and arguing over some comments.

Volunteers out there are facing some problems.
    Problems to accept more donations. (btw, for your info, all cash donated are converter to needed items, like fresh water, medical items, milk powder & etc...)

There are shortage of people to help sort out the items, pack them and sent to main collection point like SPH. Because of that, some collection centres have to reject more donations because they have no more space to store the items.

If you are free this weekend, why not go down to the collection centres to offer your help!!! Especially for those small collection centre, they mey need people to transport the items to the main collection centre.

I will be helping out at the collection centre at Central Singapore CDC for tomorrow and Sunday. They are opening up their office for storing the items.
    They require manpower to sort the items, pack them and sent them to SPH.
    If you are interested to help, you can pop in to CDC office at Toa Payoh HDB hub, 4th storey, from 1pm to 9pm - Friday, 930am - 9pm - Sat & Sun.

We are safe today because the wave was block by indonesia & malaysia...
    We consider ourselves lucky. If you feel that you want to do something to help, but don't have $20,000 like boss form CP, then contribute your strenght and time. You will be bless for being kind!!!

Cheers everyone and Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by tkp77

Problems to accept more donations. (btw, for your info, all cash donated are converter to needed items, like fresh water, medical items, milk powder & etc...)

There are shortage of people to help sort out the items, pack them and sent to main collection point like SPH. Because of that, some collection centres have to reject more donations because they have no more space to store the items.

If you are free this weekend, why not go down to the collection centres to offer your help!!! Especially for those small collection centre, they mey need people to transport the items to the main collection centre.

I will be hel***g out at the collection centre at Central Singapore CDC for tomorrow and Sunday. They are opening up their office for storing the items.
    If you are interested to help, you can pop in to CDC office at Toa Payoh HDB hub, 4th storey, from 1pm to 9pm - Friday, 930am - 9pm - Sat & Sun.

We consider ourselves lucky. If you feel that you want to do something to help, but don't have $20,000 like boss form CP, then contribute your strenght and time. You will be bless for being kind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tkp77

I will be helping out at the collection centre at Central Singapore CDC for tomorrow and Sunday. They are opening up their office for storing the items.

brudder! i will be helping to send some stuff from AMK to some centres... not sure when will i finish... will have a van available, can do multiple trips for ya! do you have a number which i could contact?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Why go personally at SPH... he could have just done a bank transfer or opened a cheque and mailed it over... I'm not doubting his sincerity.. but I just feel odd.
    Depends lah.

If Mr Toh actually call in the reporters, do the smiling handshake thing with the huge gigantic cheque and do stuff like dis den I'll feel funny.

Maybe he happen to be in da area? Its all part of business anyway.

just a thought, no flames pls.

if a mafia boss or drug lord donate 1mil to the cause, will ppl brand him as a hero or something else?
    sigh.

my philisophy is simple....
    as individuals, want to donate no need publicity.....no need to give interviews or unnecessary publicity. These are earthly rewards; no big deal.
    no need tax rebates etc......being an anonymous contributor is the most noble form of doing charity.

I rather score points with my Creator.

Look at it this way, if we see someone donating to a good cause, would it not also spur us to do the same? I've been wanting to do something for the victims but did not know how or what I can do. I saw an interview on TV a few days ago and this lady boss of a resturant said " I saw all those people without a home and here I am resting in my apartment. I have to do something" She later send SMS to her friends saying she's collecting donations and got a lot of respond. Having seem that interview I was spur on to do something. Now I'm trying to get my estate council members to start a collection drive for my estate. It's still in the early stage and I'm having some problem trying to find an org willing to take in donations other tham cash but I'll press on because, as the lady said," I have to do something "

This thread itself serve no purpose? whats there to argue for? lol wonder whose next to post " blah blah of blah donate so-so amount"....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12