Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First try for Tamron 90mm macro lens. Photos are blurred.

Default Re: First try for Tamron 90mm macro lens. Photos are blurred.

as i read this thread, it seem to me that smaller aperture need for marco photos, hence why there still need to have a big aperture lens for a marco lens?

does it make sense to get a marco lens with smaller apperture ie 3.5 of bigger instead of 2.8 , which should cost lesser as the aperture openning get smaller?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    as i read this thread, it seem to me that smaller aperture need for marco photos, hence why there still need to have a big aperture lens for a marco lens?

does it make sense to get a marco lens with smaller apperture ie 3.5 of bigger instead of 2.8 , which should cost lesser as the aperture openning get smaller?

Thanks
    Being able to shoot macro using a macro lens doesn't mean that it had to just shoot macro only. This lens (or lenses of this focal range) can be also used for other purposes like Street, Portraits etc where f2.8 may come in handy.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Thanks
    Actually if you come to look at it... at 90mm f2.8, it is already not consider as a big aperture. And like what others had pointed out, being a macro lens doesn't actually means you have to use it for macro only. You can use it for other purposes too.

I use my 100mm f2.8 macro lens in street photography, product photography, etc, etc too.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Thanks
    Having a large aperture helps your camera's focusing system (AF always happens at the largest aperture, then the lens is stopped down just for the shot). If you use manual focus, a large aperture helps you get a brighter image in the viewfinder/live view to aid in manual focusing.

Patience and luck bro plus review your setting.
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

Blog Entries

In macro shoots it is best to focus manually and the large aperture will make the image in your viewfinder brighter and clearer, which make it easier to focus.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Actually if you come to look at it... at 90mm f2.8, it is already not consider as a big aperture. And like what others had pointed out, being a macro lens doesn't actually means you have to use it for macro only. You can use it for other purposes too.

I use my 100mm f2.8 macro lens in street photography, product photography, etc, etc too.
    Thank all for the clarification.

with this lens, if i add on a Teleconverter , it can act as a bigger zoom lens for zoo trip? ie 90mm add on a 2 time Teleconverter = (Mine is D7k so 1.5 x 90mm x 2) 270mm x f. 5.6

thanks in advance for advise.

Thank all for the clarification.

with this lens, if i add on a Teleconverter , it can act as a bigger zoom lens for zoo trip? ie 90mm add on a 2 time Teleconverter = (Mine is D7k so 1.5 x 90mm x 2) 270mm x f. 5.6

thanks in advance for advise.
    Theoretically, can. But note that it didn't have any image stabilizing, and at tele range, it is not that easy to hold the lens steady, unless you are shooting at around 1/focal length speed (holding, breathing technique also apply).

I have use my 100mm macro lens for street photography, no problem... although I do get some blurry picture some time (my own fault though). I have not try to add a TC to my lens though... plus I tends to stay away from the 2x TC, it really degrade my pic...

Anyway, for zoo shots, I would definitely go for my 70-200mm f4L with a 1.4x TC... or my 55-250mm lens, though. I believe Nikon had a very good 70-300mm VR lens, which really is not that expensive.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Theoretically, can. But note that it didn't have any image stabilizing, and at tele range, it is not that easy to hold the lens steady, unless you are shooting at around 1/focal length speed (holding, breathing technique also apply).

I have use my 100mm macro lens for street photography, no problem... although I do get some blurry picture some time (my own fault though). I have not try to add a TC to my lens though... plus I tends to stay away from the 2x TC, it really degrade my pic...

Anyway, for zoo shots, I would definitely go for my 70-200mm f4L with a 1.4x TC... or my 55-250mm lens, though. I believe Nikon had a very good 70-300mm VR lens, which really is not that expensive.
    thanks for the clarification.

is Tamron SP AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD is good lens for zoo taking? within these range, how camparable between nikor, sigma and tamron? i am using d7000. thanks

thanks for the clarification.

is Tamron SP AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD is good lens for zoo taking? within these range, how camparable between nikor, sigma and tamron? i am using d7000. thanks
    I suggest you read the reviews and come up with your own decision:

Nikon / Nikkor (APS-C) Lens Tests
    Alpha

Blog Entries

suggest you use a tripod when doing macro .... as the others have said, at such near 1:1 perspective , any little vibration is going to be magnified .... and if you're using a cropped sensor it is magnified even further as you're shooting at effectively 150-160 mm focal length

your other ant pic looks like bokeh due to thin DoF
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12