Thread: I'm looking for the taste of Kampongin Singapore! Any recommendations??

Default I'm looking for the taste of Kampongin Singapore! Any recommendations??

hi i'd like to go to kampongs and shoot and had just went to kampong buangkok which i was asking for directions the past few weeks. and thanks to all who have helped! yup i found my way n am still hoping to find more places like this which has more to explore. this kampong buangkok which i've went has only old old houses. there's no farm, plantations, fishing places... so it's kinda less than i expected la..

so i hope explorers like you could provide me with some sources. if u know of any place with any of the criteria mentioned above, please enlighten me k!!

i was given some places like pulau ubin, choa chu kang (just old houses which is near to a railway track and it's said to be at Stigmond Ring. if u happen to know this place, pls direct me!! ), some where betw clementi,(but heard it's jus some plantations, not sure if there's houses), commonwealth, seletar(a fishing village).

if u know or have heard about any of the places mentioned, and can provide me with some directions or the situation or the setting over there, just anything, please post ur views here!!

thank you so much and i really appreciate ur time taken in reading and providing me with big helps!!

i look forward in seeing the thread grow with ur helpful posts!!

I remember few years back, when driving along Mandai Road, there was a small junction that lead to Ulu Sembangwan. When I continued to drive the mud road inside, and uphill, I saw something that you are looking for.

Btw, this is not on any map afaik.

oops... just realized you've been there. Try Lim Chu Kang, may be?

farm, plantations, fishing places.... can't really find them on mainland Singapore anymore. i think you can try Pulau Ubin.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    I remember few years back, when driving along Mandai Road, there was a small junction that lead to Ulu Sembangwan. .......
    Road closed.

how abt malaysia, lots of kampongs!

Blog Entries

Singapore does not have plantations, small farms maybe but no plantations, you can go to Malaysia for plantations.

Fishing places, wah many many go to beach road fishing shops and ask them, they will gladly sell you a fishing rod as well.

Singapore got many many peigon holes (HDB flats)

I know that there is a goat farm. you can buy goat's milk there.
    Lim chu kang has many vegetable farms
    Mandai have orchid farms

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    I remember few years back, when driving along Mandai Road, there was a small junction that lead to Ulu Sembangwan. When I continued to drive the mud road inside, and uphill, I saw something that you are looking for.

Btw, this is not on any map afaik.
    That used to be a common SAF training ground during my NS time. Dunnoe abt it now.

well malaysia is a good place for all those kampong shoots
    take a short break/vacation n enjoy yourself there

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    oops... just realized you've been there. Try Lim Chu Kang, may be?
    can u fill me in in details??

Quote Originally Posted by cast123
    well malaysia is a good place for all those kampong shoots
    take a short break/vacation n enjoy yourself there
    i only want in singapore... in fact, it's a project n i'm bringing out the suburb areas in singapore...

anyway, any advice in shooting kampongs?

hi, thks for viewing.. i'm stil looking for more suburbs in spore.. so could u pls fill me in a bit if u happen to know of anywhr? i need it very urgently, for my sch proj..

thks so much!

ur help is defnly much appreciated!!!!