Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aceh Photo relief

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    if you're serious about this I'm sure alot of us here'll give you our support. Let us know what you'll need to get it going?
    I need feedback from would be supporters.
    First we need to know what equipment we have

Good idea. Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    I need feedback from would be supporters.
    First we need to know what equipment we have
    sure, let me start

Equipment list for supporters:

digital camera

1. eikin (mine take only up to 4mp, maybe for smaller prints )

laptop

1. eikin (but monitor not calibrated)

portable printer & photo-papers (maybe can look for sponsors? especially the photo-papers)

hmm ... we need an experienced photog around here to organise this, someone volunteer? (*winks at ortega*)
    Last edited by eikin; 3rd January 2005 at 10:03 PM.

digital camera

2. snowspeeder (6 - 8 mp, but 4 mp is more than enough for prints)

laptop

portable printer & photo-papers (maybe can look for sponsors? especially the photo-papers)

hmm ... we need an experienced photog around here to organise this, someone volunteer? (*winks at ortega*)

great idea...count me in

digital camera

3.HotSpots (6mp)

laptop

2.HotSpots (ditto)

hey, i started another thread for this here in case of any confusion with the original discussion in this thread, HotSpots want to coordinate? this can be the first event for PNPC

paiseh never post this message earlier, internet connection seems to be very slow today for me.
    Last edited by eikin; 4th January 2005 at 12:36 AM.

get your logistics and things sorted out. I have spoken to Epson and they have agreed in principle to come on board for your project, with perhaps the possibility of selling printers too with some proceeds going to charity.

Let me give you one tip: the foreign worker communities is one area seldom tapped into. The fact is they care as much as anyone else and they give as much as they can. Perhaps one booth on Sunday outside Lucky Plaza, one more at Little India?

Also, we need to be respectful but it doesn't mean the photo sessions can't be fun. Perhaps you can recruit street performers as well to entertain people queuing?

OK, it's YOUR project. you do the planning, I just connect you with the sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by kaychin
    get your logistics and things sorted out. I have spoken to Epson and they have agreed in principle to come on board for your project, with perhaps the possibility of selling printers too with some proceeds going to charity.

Let me give you one tip: the foreign worker communities is one area seldom tapped into. The fact is they care as much as anyone else and they give as much as they can. Perhaps one booth on Sunday outside Lucky Plaza, one more at Little India?

Also, we need to be respectful but it doesn't mean the photo sessions can't be fun. Perhaps you can recruit street performers as well to entertain people queuing?

OK, it's YOUR project. you do the planning, I just connect you with the sponsors.

hmmm ... don't be too hopeful though with the weak response so far ...

and i think it's good to keep things simple, selling printers and street performers are definitely not part of the equation so as not to add extra work. i've emailed the Esplanade management and the SPF Liscensing division for information regarding the possiblity of having this at Esplanade and Orchard Road, will update once i get the replies.

sounds like a good idea.

too bad cos i shoot film. no digital camera. But once this thing takes off, im sure you will need someone to man the booth or something. so count me in for the manpower.

Even though the Aceh photo relief project has been canned, im sure we can find some other way to volunteer our time and resources. Last i check the YMCA still needs people to man their phone lines and pack boxes.

Kaychin have done his part and we need to do our part. I'll help as much as I can but my planning skills are not too good, so someone need to take the lead to plan and I'll help out from there.
    As most of us need to work weekdays and some even weekends, it'll be good if we can get the dates set first.
    I've added another list for lighting eqt ( studio owners, we could use some help from you guys in this dept).

Equipment list from supporters:

digital camera

3.HotSpots (6mp)
    4.yqt (D70,S1pro and Phase1 H5)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)

laptop

2.HotSpots (ditto)
    3.yqt (Mac ibook and Mac Powerbook)

1.Espson sponsor?
    2.yqt (epson stylus photo 810 )

Lighting
    1.yqt (Bowen 500 X 2, Elechrome 500 X 2 )

Come on guys let's get this going.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    hey, i started another thread for this here in case of any confusion with the original discussion in this thread, HotSpots want to coordinate? this can be the first event for PNPC

paiseh never post this message earlier, internet connection seems to be very slow today for me.
    hey yqt, i've started another thread to avoid confusion with the original discussion in this thread

Thought you guys might be interested to hear this.

This afternoon, Hassan, executive director of Mercy Relief, (they are on way to Aceh tomo morning) called me from Medan to update on situation. He had met with various people, including govt officials.

One of the things the indonesians DID request for was what you guys suggested - for the corpses to be photographed for future ID purposes.

For a while we were discussing the logistics and I was hoping to contact all of you who have expressed interest.

I just called him again to check minutes ago and after much deliberation, they decided to drop the idea bec many bodies have decomposed beyond recognition.

I promise to keep you guys informed if situation changes again.

while I am at it, the priority items now in Aceh are body bags (lots and lots), medicines (all kinds, esp panadol or equal), shelter (tents), surgical/disposal gloves and masks. We are rushing shipment to Aceh on Friday, hope more of these items can make this trip. If you have them, pls send to 58, Lowland Road ASAP.

Lastly, ST photographer Terence Tan came by after on assignments for seven days in Phuket to help carry boxes and sort out medicines. We also got him to speak to volunteers about the situation there and how we all can help. I think most people felt assured that what they have been doing here in whatever small ways do count. He promises to come by again to help and to speak. Hope you guys can hear him talk too.

Default still

up for it....
    let me know if things changes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12