Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: My first pics with the D800

Default Re: My first pics with the D800

Taken with D800 and 40mm DX Micro

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    When my D800 and housing arrive, and gone diving. I will.
    Please do. This is a genre which I have no chance of participating in. Look forward to seeing some underwater photos with the D800.

Did some test shots on D800/D800E at Funan last week. Truly awesome cameras.

D800E

D800

The Power of D800.

Great shots nulbonklr and Rain5533.

There has been a fair amount of discussions re cropping following Thom Hogan's D800/800E review. But the fact remains that there will be money shots where unfortunately the composition is just not right. Under such circumstances, the high resolution files from the D800 is of great help to save the moment.

Here is an example. Taken with the 70-200mm VRII. It's performance with the D800 is simply superb. I am primarily a prime shooter but this zoom lens blew me away

As shot. Composition off but I love her heart melting smile

Cropped. Still may not be the best composition but I feel this tighter composition is much better.

Last edited by zoom3; 22nd July 2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Changed "100% cropped"to "Cropped". Typo error.

Fuh ... sharp and creamy bokeh ... this lens are so poisoning .
    Prefer the 1st pic , 2nd pic big tight for me ..
    Her smile soooo sweet .

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post

There has been a fair amount of discussions re cropping following Thom Hogan's D800/800E review. But the fact remains that there will be money shots where unfortunately the composition is just not right. Under such circumstances, the high resolution files from the D800 is of great help to save the moment.

Here is an example. Taken with the 70-200mm VRII. It's performance with the D800 is simply superb. I am primarily a prime shooter but this zoom lens blew me away

100% cropped. Still may not be the best composition but I feel this tighter composition is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3

100% cropped. Still may not be the best composition but I feel this tighter composition is much better.
    The overall D800 @ 36mp is a awesome cropping image with RAW files output and crop with Jpeg file.

Only not suitable for used with DX lens detail image output.

If you got time pls try with DX lens and used with DX mode on 16MP of Raw file and Compare with FX Lens in 36MP and crop into 16MP the overall IQ still is the winner.

I don't have any DX lens but will try it out when I get the chance.

She needs a dentist to clean up her teeth..... Jokes aside there are situations where time is just not with u and u just need to get that shot for the moment. D800 36mpx help a lot.

My guess is that what he is trying to say is that if you just want to take picture and crop later and do not want to learn composition and the sort... Then d7000 is good enough.
    Nikon D90

He he! You have a sharp eyes. If you are referring to her left side, that's a little bit of tongue showing

Re Thom's comments. I agree with you. However i doubt his assertion "I'm finding a lot of folk picking up the D800 models fall into the Big Croppers group".

He he! You have a sharp eyes. If you are referring to her left side, that's a little bit of tongue showing

Re Thom's comments. I agree with you. However i doubt his assertion "I'm finding a lot of folk picking up the D800 models fall into the Big Croppers group".
    Also put more thicker make-up... wrinkles @ the eyes are showing already... guess that's the power of 36MP

Not the tongue. Her right teeth a bit yellowish stain. Need to clean up more. Never use whitening tooth paste.
    Nikon D90

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Taken with D800 and 40mm DX Micro

Is this DX crop mode or is it when focused near the lens covers FX range?

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive

Is this DX crop mode or is it when focused near the lens covers FX range?
    This one is using FX full mode on 36mp and crop a little of wider frame.

Can't believed right in the history got 40mm wide on micro lens.
    Last edited by rain5533; 22nd July 2012 at 07:07 PM.

100% crop means showing the pixels at 100% level. For example, open the image in photoshop and zoom in until the magnification readout says 100%. Then do a crop to any size, and post that.

You have shown a cropped photo, not a 100% crop. Perhaps you could zoom in on the eyes (or teeth, he he) to 100%, crop and post that. Only then we can see the power of 36 MP of D800.

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    This one is using FX full mode on 36mp and crop a little of wider frame.

Can't believed right in the history got 40mm wide on micro lens.
    Can show it without crop? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    Can show it without crop? Curious.
    Any comment?

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive

100% crop means showing the pixels at 100% level. For example, open the image in photoshop and zoom in until the magnification readout says 100%. Then do a crop to any size, and post that.

You have shown a cropped photo, not a 100% crop. Perhaps you could zoom in on the eyes (or teeth, he he) to 100%, crop and post that. Only then we can see the power of 36 MP of D800.
    Oops! My error. Thanks for pointing it out. I know what a 100% crop means Should be just "cropped".

After you look at this... dunno what do you thinking about 40mm DX Micro perform in the D800 @ 36MP.
    The only 40mm DX color different from the 60mm AFS.

40mm @ FX Mode

40mm DX Mode

40mm Crop

My final result on 40mm DX please used with 40mm wide angle, do not used in DX Mode and will find the lose in detailed for FX sensor.

Continue Part 2
    Last edited by rain5533; 22nd July 2012 at 10:29 PM.

Part 2 Vs AF-S 60mm FX.

60mm FX

60mm Crop

Thanks for viewing

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast