Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [HELP] Im having issues with this photographer!

Default Re: [HELP] Im having issues with this photographer!

Have problem call thunderbird. they are fast to response with thunder on ur boss.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Of course you can challenge your boss if you feel that your method can achieve better result.. After you find & secure a job somewhere else first

Quote Originally Posted by bresson View Post

Finish the shoot liao, then i realise its my boss friend. Knn wanna pull in her own friend to do this kind of farked up job. And one day $2000 rate. PUI!!!
    Hahaha, your language very powderful ah
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

Boss is always right, no point fighting.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Obviously, the issue is not about the photographer....
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Blog Entries

.... hired this new team to shoot photo......

..... my boss kpkb at me......

............ its my boss ...... wanna pull in her own friend to do this .... job.
    cut and paste above and leave it on your boss table
    Last edited by ed9119; 30th April 2012 at 11:58 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

So what does TS exactly need hlep with? Or is it a guise for you to rant about your dissatisfaction?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

TS should go to his boss's boss and volunteer to do the whole thing FREE in house. So that the company saves money and he can demonstrate his capability.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 1st May 2012 at 12:28 AM.

Company recently hired this new team to shoot photo. Their task is to shoot our retail area. I was shocked when only one guy came in carrying all the equipment. I tot usually got assistant one.

Fine, whip out his manfrotto, Canon camera, and i tell him what to shoot. Ask him about art direction, any suggestions, keep on saying dono up to me. Then without flash head, or anything at all, just pew pew like dat. Everything tell me use photoshop photoshop and more photoshop. Didnt even bother to bring a laptop to tether with his cam to show me. Keep on showing me his bloody tiny preview on his camera. CCB.

Then fine, shoot our signage...tio reflection of opp lights, i never notice it due to the tiny size of his preview. Never tell me anything until my boss kpkb at me. USually my regular guy will setup his flashheads to cut down all the lights, finish everything and ask me to have a look.

Finish the shoot liao, then i realise its my boss friend. Knn wanna pull in her own friend to do this kind of farked up job. And one day $2000 rate. PUI!!!
    Give us your boss' email and we'll forward this thread to her.

Last edited by Sion; 1st May 2012 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Have problem call thunderbird. they are fast to response with thunder on ur boss.
    If Thunderbird don't come Angry Bird will:

Company recently hired this new team to shoot photo. Their task is to shoot our retail area. I was shocked when only one guy came in carrying all the equipment. I tot usually got assistant one.

Fine, whip out his manfrotto, Canon camera, and i tell him what to shoot. Ask him about art direction, any suggestions, keep on saying dono up to me. Then without flash head, or anything at all, just pew pew like dat. Everything tell me use photoshop photoshop and more photoshop. Didnt even bother to bring a laptop to tether with his cam to show me. Keep on showing me his bloody tiny preview on his camera. CCB.

Then fine, shoot our signage...tio reflection of opp lights, i never notice it due to the tiny size of his preview. Never tell me anything until my boss kpkb at me. USually my regular guy will setup his flashheads to cut down all the lights, finish everything and ask me to have a look.

But the thing is did you know very clearly what needed to be shot? Did you tie down with your boss earlier? Sometimes the problem is miscommunication. If you did not have a clear direction for him, of course he anyhow shot.

I kena once. Did some shoots for a shop at Jurong Point. The manager said shoot the clothes, but the boss said shoot the salesgirl in the clothes. I said no, the salesgirl cannot be the model, trust me. So the boss said she would find a good model herself. There goes - waited for two weeks, finally got a nice model, from Malaysia (a lot here would know her). The boss is not the picky type. She just wanted a lot of photos. So I gave her a lot of photos. She was very happy with the tons of photos she received and I was very happy with some extra cash in my pocket.

Blog Entries

Ask him about art direction, any suggestions, keep on saying dono up to me.
    ok i think i see the problem here .... its natural even for me to get upset when people/teams I am comfortable and used to working with gets changed and when new team/person comes in I give them a hard time so that I can prove my supervisor that a wrong decision was made.

I used to just bo chap , cover my own backside and give the sop basics ..... and then stand back and watch the disaster play itself out

This new team also cork up ..... no street smarts and ZERO EQ .... should have known that they were in a new environment and new client and should have done some ice-breaking first (just in case there are people not used to them doing work previously done by someone else ) as well as engage people like you more for clues and ideas

Last year, our new external IT system maintenance support contractors came in with kopi, milo and 2 big boxes of doughnuts on their first day just to kowtow to the hands-on people they'll be dealing with .....even to juniors. Everything so far very swee swee
    Last edited by ed9119; 1st May 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Walkeast

This is your own fault lah. When your boss hire you, you should have checked with her if she has any farked up incompetent photographer friend that may shoot for the company.
    BTW, what is CCB?

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    ok i think i see the problem here .... its natural even for me to get upset when people/teams I am comfortable and used to working with gets changed and when new team/person comes in I give them a hard time so that I can prove my supervisor that a wrong decision was made.

I used to just bo chap , cover my own backside and give the sop basics ..... and then stand back and watch the disaster play itself out

This new team also cork up ..... no street smarts and ZERO EQ .... should have known that they were in a new environment and new client and should have done some ice-breaking first (just in case there are people not used to them doing work previously done by someone else ) as well as engage people like you more for clues and ideas

Last year, our new external IT system maintenance support contractors came in with kopi, milo and 2 big boxes of doughnuts on their first day just to kowtow to the hands-on people they'll be dealing with .....even to juniors. Everything so far very swee swee

The joker clearly didn't care about making any impression because he's already assured $2k by the boss, and further future projects.

Ordinary people like us have to make sure we really earn that same $2k, and hopefully get called back again.

So how did the photo appear

Blog Entries

Henri ..... stick to street shooting .....
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    Henri ..... stick to street shooting .....
    LMAO. Whats with your damn black and whites???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12