Thread: Need Large Packing Boxes for Donated Items

Default Need Large Packing Boxes for Donated Items

Hi all,

We've got a collection going on at our workplace in aid of the displaced people in Aceh. So far we've got almost one HDB flat worth of donated items. These need to be shipped out in 2x40ft containers leaving for Aceh tomorrow evening (31/12). Most of the items need to be repacked and sorted into boxes. So far, we only managed to secure 100+ boxes for the packing and I think it might not be enough.

I foresee a need of 200 boxes in total so if you run a business and have some spare cartons lying around, please call/sms me at 98626110. We are packing this evening at our collection point in Ang Mo Kio so do call if you have any to spare.

Thanks!
    Terence

i wonder if DHL or UPS can give away their boxes.. since they give free boxes in excess when you are going to do shipping.

anybody?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Actually our 100+ boxes are already kindly donated by DHL. From past experience, their Jumbo Boxes are excellent containers for such donation drives.

Not sure if this would help, but check this link out.. Someone's giving out boxes.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=108422

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    Not sure if this would help, but check this link out.. Someone's giving out boxes.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=108422
    Thanks, but I think they are already commited to another organization. Canonised did offer them to me yesterday but I wasn't sure if I had need for them then and told him to send them off to other more needy places.

Looks like I underestimated my colleagues, they gave and gave (it's a large company).

Still looking for the boxes. Please SMS/Call 98626110.

Thanks!

Boxes urgently needed now. Update from office is that the collection there has been overwhelming. That, and in addition to the stuff we have already collected, an estimated 200 boxes will be needed to pack everything in.

So, we are still looking for 100 cartons, else some stuff will have to miss the shipment tomorrow evening

Please call/sms 98626110

Thanks!

Hi Terence,

If you miss out the shipment tommorow for items that cannot be boxed, you can drop all the left over things to Indonesian embassy (Grange Road), as they are collecting items to be sent as well. My friends and I have been working throughout night and day to consolidate all the generous contribution from all over Singapore.

I talked to Canonised few hours ago and he also going to deliver the boxes to Indonesian embassy. Why don't you call him again to see whether he still have some left?

just went to deliver to the sri lanka temple... they need the blankets & towels more... anybody have these items to donate?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by javaman
    Hi Terence,

If you miss out the shipment tommorow for items that cannot be boxed, you can drop all the left over things to Indonesian embassy (Grange Road), as they are collecting items to be sent as well. My friends and I have been working throughout night and day to consolidate all the generous contribution from all over Singapore.

I talked to Canonised few hours ago and he also going to deliver the boxes to Indonesian embassy. Why don't you call him again to see whether he still have some left?
    Our shipment is ongoing. It's just that the containers were made available only yesterday so we're in a frenzy trying to fill up as much space as possible before they get shipped out tomorrow.

We will have future shipments in the coming weeks as Garuda has also kindly donated some belly space in their Medan flights.

Canonised has run out of boxes and he is trying to help source some more for me. Another friend is also donating some, although I'm not sure how many yet.

Thanks
    Last edited by Terence; 30th December 2004 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    just went to deliver to the sri lanka temple... they need the blankets & towels more... anybody have these items to donate?
    I want to buy some towels for them. Where to deliver the towels?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

the sri lanka temple at St Micheal... thats where i went..

k.. i think they need med supplies more.. will divert funds to panadol and carbon tabs instead.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler