Thread: Nikon battery

Default Nikon battery

Hey guys I know this is a basic logic question but I'd like to know roughly how long can a fully charged batt last on a D3100?

Default Re: Nikon battery

Then what stops you from applying basic logic?
    I think the manual has some indicative figures. Do keep in mind that flash and display draw a lot of energy.So shooting with lifeview at arm's length like some Point and Shoot snapper, using onboard flash in a dim room will drain your battery much faster than using viewfinder and 2sec review on display on a sunny day outside. It's always useful to have a 2nd battery in your bag, preferably charged
    EOS

Oh okay. Cause I heard that Nikon batteries has no 3rd party ones . Is it true? Cause getting a spare when not fully utilized might burn the pocket deep.

The battery life is about 550+ shots. 3rd party battery exists but maybe not last as long as original ones.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

Oh okay I see . Will take note of that! Thanks !
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by zulwaga03 View Post
    Oh okay. Cause I heard that Nikon batteries has no 3rd party ones . Is it true? Cause getting a spare when not fully utilized might burn the pocket deep.
    No third party batteries for Nikon? Good joke - Most (if not all) batteries are not produced by Canon, Nikon etc. anyway, they get them from 3rd parties as well. So it's just a matter of time till the specs of these batteries are used by somebody else for 3rd party production and sale. Even chipping the batteries has not stopped this process.
    Check the Mass Sales here, plenty of offerings. In terms of capacity and life span many 3rd party batteries come close to the original ones. Just don't get fooled by funky capacity figures on the label. Orient Photo sells some 3rd party batteries with 1y shop warranty.
    EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zulwaga03 View Post
    Of course Nikon batteries has 3rd party ones... Just that original Nikon batteries are traditionally cheaper than other brands'