Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

    Hey guys, any digital thermometer to recommend? Those that can measure ambient temperature in a jiffy.. Thanks!

  2. #22
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Hey guys, any digital thermometer to recommend? Those that can measure ambient temperature in a jiffy.. Thanks!
    Just go to any hardware store and get one. Should cost from anywhere between ~S$5.00 to ~$25.00.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  3. #23

    Default Re: Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Hey guys, any digital thermometer to recommend? Those that can measure ambient temperature in a jiffy.. Thanks!
    You should be able to find something like this at most outdoor shops.



    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Haha!! Actually it works too eh! Ok that shall be my last resort if I couldn't find any suitable bag for the backpacks haha
    Personally I don't think you really need another bag, as long as there are no loose dangling straps you should be ok.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

    Finally made a trip down to Beach Road and bought these



    High Sierra 65L
    High Sierra Sport Company

    S$150


    and Deuter cargo bag


    S$35

    Bought from the uncle with a few shops. Thanks Bro Roamfree

    Btw he said now pricing for Tatonka has increased, and SG no more Jack Wolfskin already. Also, I think he knew I'm sincere buyer, so straightaway discount to lowest he could for me. How I know the price is lowest? I went to other shops to enquire too, and sad to say, most are not as willing to do business with me compared to the uncle.
    Last edited by behyx; 4th May 2012 at 02:29 PM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Finally made a trip down to Beach Road and bought these



    High Sierra 65L
    High Sierra Sport Company

    S$150


    and Deuter cargo bag


    S$35

    Bought from the uncle with a few shops. Thanks Bro Roamfree

    Btw he said now pricing for Tatonka has increased, and SG no more Jack Wolfskin already. Also, I think he knew I'm sincere buyer, so straightaway discount to lowest he could for me. How I know the price is lowest? I went to other shops to enquire too, and sad to say, most are not as willing to do business with me compared to the uncle.
    You found the shop! Glad you got it for a good price. That is the reason why I like buying from this shop. The uncle is willing to lower the price for you without giving you crap. He believes in returning customers, which is why I am still going back after so many years and all my friends buy backpacks and other gears from him through me. hope your gf will enjoy using the bag!

    ps. it is "sis" by the way.

  6. #26
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

    Just make sure you don't place anything important in the most aft facing compartment, discovered my flapping happily after it was slashed opened once.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Finally made a trip down to Beach Road and bought these

    High Sierra 65L
    High Sierra Sport Company

    S$150

    and Deuter cargo bag

    S$35

    Bought from the uncle with a few shops. Thanks Bro Roamfree

    Btw he said now pricing for Tatonka has increased, and SG no more Jack Wolfskin already. Also, I think he knew I'm sincere buyer, so straightaway discount to lowest he could for me. How I know the price is lowest? I went to other shops to enquire too, and sad to say, most are not as willing to do business with me compared to the uncle.
    This makes me wonder whether camera bags are grossly overpriced.

    Your 65L hiking bag only cost $150. I can imagine the huge 65L size and toughness of the bag for only $150

    And our camera bags are nothing more than just padded bags and they cost the same or even more than $150. And the size is definitely not 65L.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

    By the way, just curious if any of you know.. Where can I buy thin wool socks? Or any other materials which can keep my feet as warm as wool?

    Thanks!

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    By the way, just curious if any of you know.. Where can I buy thin wool socks? Or any other materials which can keep my feet as warm as wool?

    Thanks!
    Go to uniqlo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •