Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Experience at Cathay Photo

let me guess...i have only dealed with one Steven in CP.....Steven Quak aka Ah Joo is from the tripod side?

Cheers............

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Steven (Ah Joo) = Steven Quak

Steven ( there are two Steven in CP Peninsula ) and Florence from the camera side. This Steven is Steven Ng

Compare the size of the surname and the body you will not get mix up liao.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Wow,

If the boss read this thread, those CP staff being mention here might get a salary increament soon
    like tat, can rephrase for the bad economy... those names not mentioned here will get a pay cut...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Maybe new staff?
    jsbn
    no way, I've seen him before. In any case even if he's new, he should not be selling if he's not sure of the product. What happen if a newbie or a tourist is to buy from him and later found out that he's been conned? I'm sure the bosses of CP are smarter than that.

Catchlights

Don't worry, Ah Joo'll just laugh it off and say " what to do, he's thinner that me what"

I think it was Wong whom I bought my monopod from. Very knowledgeable man. He's a wedding photographer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    like tat, can rephrase for the bad economy... those names not mentioned here will get a pay cut...
    OK.

If those good one get pay increment, they can buy us coffee

If those bad one get pay cut, they can pay you a visit
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Wow,

If the boss read this thread, those CP staff being mention here might get a salary increament soon
    i guess they deserve it lo.... they give service and should be commented what... although some might say it is their job to serve customers well since they are in sales line...

but my experience with the tripod section man (should be chris wong la...since the initials on the receipt is CW).... was more than what you expect... or in other words, you dun expect this kind of service, because it is better, so much better than good.... i would call it first class...

next time if anyone of you want to buy tripod, you can go and try buying from CP penisula and let CW serve you.... then you know what i mean.... one of the best !!!!
    Hope to learn from everyone here....

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    MS colour is another good one to go to. I use to go to them when my studio was in Toa Payoh. Most of the time their price is lower then CP. If their price is higher than others, try talking to the boss or his wife, Mr & Mrs Loh. So far they have match the price for me whenever I ask.
    so which one is Mrs Loh ? i sent there a few times but dun know which is Mrs Loh...
    i think i know which one is the boss... wear long sleeve shirt one, service quite ok la....

is florence and mrs loh the same person, or is florence just an employee?
    i called to enquire prices from MS color before, and florence sounded very friendly....
    Hope to learn from everyone here....

Just ask the sales staff which one is the boss's wife aka "lou pan nian" I'm sure they'll point her out to you, if she's around.

Quote Originally Posted by erictan8888
    i guess they deserve it lo.... they give service and should be commented what... although some might say it is their job to serve customers well since they are in sales line...

but my experience with the tripod section man (should be chris wong la...since the initials on the receipt is CW).... was more than what you expect... or in other words, you dun expect this kind of service, because it is better, so much better than good.... i would call it first class...

next time if anyone of you want to buy tripod, you can go and try buying from CP penisula and let CW serve you.... then you know what i mean.... one of the best !!!!
    Just for your infomation. Mr Christopher Wong is a very experience photographer too. Can learn a lot from him
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Just for your infomation. Mr Christopher Wong is a very experience photographer too. Can learn a lot from him

yes i agree!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    yes i agree!
    Most of them shoot better than we do anyway...

And they process images better than us too...

Anyway it's Steven Quek not Quak.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Anyway it's Steven Quek not Quak.
    Ok, thank you.

normally i go down... i look for florence..... her service.... is happening~

just caught the late news on tv

saw a chap (i presume he's the boss) donate $20,000 towards the Tidal Wave fund. the name given is Mr Toh, the amount was given by Cathay Photo.

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude

saw a chap (i presume he's the boss) donate $20,000 towards the Tidal Wave fund. the name given is Mr Toh, the amount was given by Cathay Photo.
    Cheers to a good cause!

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude

One more reason for us to support CP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123