Thread: Anyone parked at Tanjong Pagar Market Car Park before?

Default Anyone parked at Tanjong Pagar Market Car Park before?

Okay, what happened was pretty bizarre and unreal, wondering if anyone else has encountered this...

Had a lunch time appointment at Amara this Wed and since it's cheaper, parked across the street at the HDB multi storey car park.
    Only been here once before and found it a lil' dark, damp and smells funky on the ground floor, possibly because of the wet market nearby

After my appointment I walked back to the car, parked up on the third level
    Went through the entrance and hugged the line of parked cars across (in case someone turned into the blind corner, be safe eh?)
    Right by the motorcycle bays, next to the doorway to the first staircase, I saw ...
    An old woman, 60s in typical chinese granny wear, not too skinny nor plump, average
    Light apple green, pastel, sleeveless with matching pants.
    She stood with her back to the wall, eyes closed.
    And she had a piece of paper (tissue?) with a small stone atop it ... balanced on her head.

Did a double take and was halted in my tracks. As in not a step further. I just stared, mind whirred thinking of all the possibilities.
    Hey I'm a man of science, but years of growing up as a Chinese boy and listening to all manner of stories just welled up inside me, threatened to burst out
    I dredged through my memory banks for 'advice', wtf did I just see? Is it real? What to do?!
    Curiosity fought with superstition.

So step one, looked around for corroborating witnesses. A good few minutes pass. All this while, aunty has remained immobile.
    It was a sweltering hot afternoon, broad daylight, and I watched two men, with a 5 minute interval between, simply walk out of the doorway past her without seeing her there.
    I struggled and reasoned with myself, she's right beside the doorway, naturally, not everyone will turn and look but go straight towards their intended destination. Flimsy?

Further down, a black Honda Jazz/Fit was doing the ol' in-out trying to fit graciously in the lot
    I watched and waited, almost tearing my eyeballs out trying to look in separate directions simultaneously
    Young girl (early 20s?) gets out first, gives me the look (admittedly, there's something criminally suspicious loitering in a dark car park)
    Then accompanied by young male driver, they walk past me ... and sauntered off
    I watched their backs longingly, hoping for a reaction
    Just when I thought they wouldn't notice her, because they kept a straight course out towards the bright light of the entrance/exit
    The guy probably sees her from the corner of his eyes, the noticeable jerk of her shoulders, and he holds his companion's elbow and both quickened their pace out

So I wasn't alone! Semi-vindicated.
    I plucked up some remnant courage and decided to take the stairs right by her, sneaking a good long look in the process
    Braver than I thought, considering the blood rushing through my ears and violent heartbeat was loud enough to disturb a sleeping mouse, I simply paused when I was parallel to her location, barely 4m away.
    And stared.

Her eyes remained closed.
    Her head cast a shadow.
    Human! ?
    I squinted.
    Took a step forward, shook my head in self reproach.
    Then jogged up the steps, taking two at a time.

I'll be buggered if my hands weren't shaking on the wheel when I got in.

Who was this woman? Has anyone else encountered her there before? My best assumption is that she may be suffering from psychiatric issues?
    My emotions are roiling and the scene has remained fresh since.

The forum probably jumped a shark when I posted this
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

This is so murakami. Heheh.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Default Re: Anyone parked at Tanjong Pagar Market Car Park before?

i would have asked her if she's alright LOL

If this bothers you - Go back today and see if she is still there....
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Heh I think she's physically alright ... that meditation stance is pretty tough to pull off otherwise
    Some time next week I'll swing by for lunch again

My friend park her car there when she used to own a shop nearby and nap inside her car almost daily. She once shared with us that she will turn on the engine to nap cos she needs the air con. However, whenever she park on a certain level,she will not be able to sleep in peace cos every now and then she will hear someone knocking sometimes at the boot, sometimes on her window.( knock, not tap) Without the air con, she can't sleep well too as it will be too hot but she won't hear any knocking.

One day she chatted with a shop owner near hers and he told her that he saw an old lady peering into her car several times. Out of curiosity, she asked several people living/working in the area whether they encountered a mad woman peeping at nappers. An old man told her that carpark level is "dirty" and she probably irritated the "occupant" by keeping her engine on. Human meditating or ghost, I really don't know. Certain things are better left unknown. Don't deliberately go back to look for the old lady lah.
    Last edited by cowmera; 28th April 2012 at 03:08 PM.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Broad daylight and this ah ma can come out? Ok, her power is there.
    Had my lunch frequently there. And had a friend staying at the HDB block there. Will definitely go there very soon to check her out. Will definitely brings my cams. But i need to have a Supertele to keep a safe distance (which i does not have)

@cowmera: Was it the ground level?

TS either you are off your meds, very bored, have a death wish or want to come a man in white desperately.

Like Yoda said " Do or do not do there is no try" You wannda do some thing do it. Though I really do not know how associating with mentally disturbed people can be a good thing but different people different strokes. There is nothing special seeing the paranormal for some people this is normal since their perceptions allow them to see a little more. It will not make you rich (entities do not hand out wining 4D numbers, not will it help you get faster and better promotions and bonus, nor make you a stud magnet) talk about it too much and well let say you will have lots of time to yourself and your new nick name amongst the previous people know as your friends will be that weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by ellery
    TS either you are off your meds, very bored, have a death wish or want to come a man in white desperately.
    That is a lot of "or" .. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar
    @cowmera: Was it the ground level?
    Ok, she said the freak encounters were in International Plaza carpark. Sorry! The HDB carpark so far nothing happened.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    Ok, she said the freak encounters were in International Plaza carpark. Sorry! The HDB carpark so far nothing happened.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post

Like Yoda said " Do or do not do there is no try" You wannda do some thing do it. Though I really do not know how associating with mentally disturbed people can be a good thing but different people different strokes. There is nothing special seeing the paranormal for some people this is normal since their perceptions allow them to see a little more. It will not make you rich (entities do not hand out wining 4D numbers, not will it help you get faster and better promotions and bonus, nor make you a stud magnet) talk about it too much and well let say you will have lots of time to yourself and your new nick name amongst the previous people know as your friends will be that weirdo.
    Not sure how I'd want to reply since it's rather incoherent. Umm thanks I guess

stone on the head? You are probably going to 中头奖。

Com'on, what is your car plate number? Share please.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    Not sure how I'd want to reply since it's rather incoherent. Umm thanks I guess
    He's saying it's just an eccentric auntie with possible ExtraSensory Perception (ESP). No need to make a big hoo-ha over it least she pull out a chopper from her shirt, hack you to a hundred pieces and stuff the stone into your mouth.

Cheers.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Ha, a spirit arises everywhere, believe it or not. If you believe, then you can see it, even in your
    own home. It is life after death. it occurs when the spirit is not satisfied with earlier life for some
    reasons to seek revenge. You need not be afraid if you have done nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by henry soh View Post
    Ha, a spirit arises everywhere, believe it or not. If you believe, then you can see it, even in your
    own home. It is life after death. it occurs when the spirit is not satisfied with earlier life for some
    reasons to seek revenge. You need not be afraid if you have done nothing wrong.
    agreed. don't go looking for trouble if it doesn't present itself

Wow, to start off, u have very good english and your post is as interesting as any article that i can read from Wan Bao, now.....i myself is non believer of this kind of spiritual thing.....only saw those in movie......nor do i want to look for one just to proof that "i told u so, i am right" etc.....however if it does exist and chose to show upon me.....i guess i will have no choice but will do what someone else does....like those garlic if u r christian or Pamelo leaf shower thingy if u r tao's......and in extreme case....maybe go burn some jostic and incest paper hopefully she will not bother me anymore.....well perhaps we are not alone but lets live in perfect harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Wow, to start off, u have very good english and your post is as interesting as any article that i can read from Wan Bao, now.....
    he must be a student from Catholic High: A Bilingual Scholar and a Gentleman