Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell Wong-Photographs 1980-2005

I called them this morning and the lady mentioned that there is no need to pre-register. Seating on first come first serve basis.

hmmm?i just called leh, and they confirmed their place with me. asked me for my name somemore....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    hmmm?i just called leh, and they confirmed their place with me. asked me for my name somemore....
    same here. hmmm... i wish the organisers will decide their minds...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    same here. hmmm... i wish the organisers will decide their minds...
    nw75 so you got put your name down anot ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

I called them and they asked me for my name also leh. So I presume must register to secure a place/seat.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

just got back from his opening night. the president was also there.

i don't see anything too fanciful with his shots and am not particularly impressed, tho i must say his composition is very good.

and tho im not a technical kinda person, i like the way he shot tony leung, half face in the light, the other half darker but the eye area is lighted.
    i duno how he does it!!

His photo book was going for $50 plus autograph session. heard it's gonna be $60 tmw.
    www.miatan.com
    blog.miatan.com

Went to the exhibition at Singapore Tyler Print Institute last Saturday. Russel Wong was there too. Got him to autograph his book. $60. Liked his series of sephia photos. Especially the one with soya bean drink hanging by the calender. Planning to visit the exhibition at Singapore Art Museum next Friday.

Saw an article on Today's that there is talk by Russel Wong on 15/Jan at Glass Hall from 10.30am to 12pm and on 16/Jan at Auditorium (SAM-SG Art Meusuem). Could anyone advise is there any entrance for the above talks?

Lightbulb

there is a free talk on 15 jan at singapore tyler print inst at 41 robertson quay at 2.30pm. better call to register first at 63363663.

Lightbulb

attended his workshop today. touched by his passion to share. although i felt different after his talk few days ago. maybe it was his sense of humour then.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 19th January 2005 at 10:52 PM.

During his public talk last week ... thot he is just sharing the works ...

Whereas today he make us make portrait shoot and comments on it .. it was really a good idea to re-visit our basic skills ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Blog Entries

i couldn't see much during his talk at STPI as the few of us were sitting in the back row and the room was crowded. enjoyed his workshop yesterday more. as KO said, he covered mainly the basics of lighting and how to position the subject in order to catch the light. wat i found very informative was when russel wong described to us how he shot the 9 Time magazine covers. heehee... its not everyday u got a master photog telling u how he did it!

i picked up a brochure yesterday from the arts museum when i visited his exhibition (btw, its a MUST go! the enlargements of the pics he took at the movie set of Hero and House of Flying Daggers are already worth the price of admission.). there are 2 more public events organised to meet russel wong.

a) 29 Jan 05 - 2.30pm-4pm
    Photo Clinic at Arts Museum, "The Auditorium". Limited to 30 participants ($15/pax). He will be there to answer ur questions on lighting, composition and techniques. U can bring ur own photo in for critique. Registration close 26 Jan 05.

b) 14 Feb 05 - 3-4pm
    Chips, Coke & Russel. Chill out with Russel Wong at "The Cube@SAM" (resturant at Arts museum. grd floor, if i remember correctly). Limited to 30 students (16 yrs old and above). $3/pax. registration close 1 Feb 05. He will be there to share his experiences as a rookie photographer.

call 63323220 or e-mail nhb_sam_programs@nhb.gov.sg

His pictorial book cost $65 at arts museum (@ the gift shop), $60 at STPI (ask in the office, 2nd floor).
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    i couldn't see much during his talk at STPI as the few of us were sitting in the back row and the room was crowded. enjoyed his workshop yesterday more. as KO said, he covered mainly the basics of lighting and how to position the subject in order to catch the light. wat i found very informative was when russel wong described to us how he shot the 9 Time magazine covers. heehee... its not everyday u got a master photog telling u how he did it!

i picked up a brochure yesterday from the arts museum when i visited his exhibition (btw, its a MUST go! the enlargements of the pics he took at the movie set of Hero and House of Flying Daggers are already worth the price of admission.). there are 2 more public events organised to meet russel wong.

a) 29 Jan 05 - 2.30pm-4pm
    Photo Clinic at Arts Museum, "The Auditorium". Limited to 30 participants ($15/pax). He will be there to answer ur questions on lighting, composition and techniques. U can bring ur own photo in for critique. Registration close 26 Jan 05.

b) 14 Feb 05 - 3-4pm
    Chips, Coke & Russel. Chill out with Russel Wong at "The Cube@SAM" (resturant at Arts museum. grd floor, if i remember correctly). Limited to 30 students (16 yrs old and above). $3/pax. registration close 1 Feb 05. He will be there to share his experiences as a rookie photographer.

call 63323220 or e-mail nhb_sam_programs@nhb.gov.sg

His pictorial book cost $65 at arts museum (@ the gift shop), $60 at STPI (ask in the office, 2nd floor).
    are exhibits are SAM different from those at STPI?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    are exhibits are SAM different from those at STPI?
    most are different. SAM's are purely portraits. there are some photos he reused at STPI to produced those slik-screen prints. personally, i thot the SAM exhibits are more worth it, even tho u have to pay $3 for entry.

thanks, nw. a small price to view is OK.

Are the exhibits held at both the Singapore Arts Museum and the STPI?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cheesin
    yes, currently at both places.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cheesin
    at STPI, the exhibits are more like prints he made using his photos. so, for some like me, i found it a bit to abstract to enjoy the pics. at SAM, its the actual photos russel wong took.

think i'll go again to re-look at his works this weekend!

How about this...go to his exhibition
    replace all cele faces with ordinary faces.
    Now is it still gd? Or is it the famous faces that make the pic gd?
    Think.

Quote Originally Posted by derricktsc
    How about this...go to his exhibition
    replace all cele faces with ordinary faces.
    Now is it still gd? Or is it the famous faces that make the pic gd?
    Think.
    You got it wrong ... famous faces may not make a pic look good ...

It is the photographer who make the pic looks good ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast