Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Russell Wong-Photographs 1980-2005

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Russell Wong-Photographs 1980-2005

    His upcoming exhibition at Singapore Arts Museum opens 8 Jan 2005 to 20 Feb 2005. Over 100 prints.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    will be going to support!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Central Area
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Go Go Go Go

  4. #4

    Default Russel Wong

    Ahem .. at STPI .. robertson quay art gallery exhibition from 8-29 jan.

    He got a Starry Night event ... cost $100 donation upwards ... Still undecisive ..

    Jan 15 ... public lecture on portrait photography ...FREE .... Confirmed my place...

    Jan 19 ... Strike A Pose - Portrait workshop ... cost $50 per head .. max 20pple. Pending confirmation ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  5. #5

    Default

    what is STPI?

  6. #6

    Default

    Singapore Tyler Print Institute
    4 Robertson Quay
    Tel : 63363663 call after 10am ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  7. #7

    Default

    Oh gosh... can't wait to meet him in real person.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Ahem .. at STPI .. robertson quay art gallery exhibition from 8-29 jan.

    He got a Starry Night event ... cost $100 donation upwards ... Still undecisive ..

    Jan 15 ... public lecture on portrait photography ...FREE .... Confirmed my place...

    Jan 19 ... Strike A Pose - Portrait workshop ... cost $50 per head .. max 20pple. Pending confirmation ...
    Care to tell more details of these events? I'm interested to know especially the one on jan 15.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    His upcoming exhibition at Singapore Arts Museum opens 8 Jan 2005 to 20 Feb 2005. Over 100 prints.
    is there any entrance fee for his exhibition?
    thanks~

  10. #10
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r0n9
    is there any entrance fee for his exhibition?
    thanks~
    dunno whether the entrance fees apply to russell wong's exhibition. but, its $3 for adults to enter arts museum.

    check http://www.nhb.gov.sg/SAM/profile/visiting_SAM.htm
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    dunno whether the entrance fees apply to russell wong's exhibition. but, its $3 for adults to enter arts museum.

    check http://www.nhb.gov.sg/SAM/profile/visiting_SAM.htm
    Who wanna join me for the Gala opening cost at $100 per head ...

    *** copy and paste for your easy reading ***
    Russel Wong : Photographs (1980 - 2005)

    8 January – 20 February 2005

    SAM Galleries 5, 6, 7 & 8
    Curator: Lindy Poh
    Russel Wong, one of Singapore’s leading professional photographers with an international portfolio, presents a broad selection of his works in the solo exhibition at the Singapore Art Museum. From the celebrity portraits he is well-known for, on set or behind the scenes photography for movies such as Oscar-winning Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Autumn in New York, to visual narratives, the exhibition reveals the photographer: his person and practice; an insight into his creative vision and art practice. Curated by Lindy Poh, this retrospective exhibition is the first solo exhibition of its kind for a Singapore-international photographer. The exhibition features works from Wong’s portraits of famous faces, productions and narratives. Through his photographic style and expression, Russel Wong, details his development and his unique perspective of capturing the moment.
    Given Russel Wong's international recognition as a photographer, and his collaborations and close working relations with high profile International celebrities including Joan Chen, Michelle Yeoh, Jackie Chan, Zhang Ziyi, Richard Gere, a Gala Opening is planned for 7 January 2005 (By Invitation Only), which is expected to draw some of the famous faces captured in his portraits.

    *******
    nw75 - check ur email ...
    Last edited by KNIGHT ONG; 6th January 2005 at 10:46 AM.
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  12. #12

    Default

    kekeke ...let me upload the file that was send to me last year (dec 04) ..

    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  13. #13
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Thanx bro. Me registered for 15th session already. See ya there!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  14. #14
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    thanks, knight, for helping! now i need to go and apply leave on dat day to go for the workshop. i really hope we dun have people taking their own pics AGAIN when mr wong is conducting his workshop. else we have a repeat of last yr's fiasco...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  15. #15
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    thanks, knight, for helping! now i need to go and apply leave on dat day to go for the workshop. i really hope we dun have people taking their own pics AGAIN when mr wong is conducting his workshop. else we have a repeat of last yr's fiasco...
    Apply leave? You working on Sat afternoon?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  16. #16
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Apply leave? You working on Sat afternoon?
    i refering to his 19 jan workshop. dat one, unless some major FUBAR happen to me, i definitely wanna go. rare chance to see a master at work!

    eh, virgo! still waiting for ur CL shoot!!!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  17. #17

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by r0n9
    is there any entrance fee for his exhibition?
    thanks~
    there is. however, on every fridays betw 7 to 9pm, it is free entry to the museum. i understand on 1st and 2nd day(not sure) of CNY, free too.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    i refering to his 19 jan workshop. dat one, unless some major FUBAR happen to me, i definitely wanna go. rare chance to see a master at work!

    eh, virgo! still waiting for ur CL shoot!!!
    oic. Me cannot leh, got to work. Can only go for the 15th afternoon one.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  19. #19

    Default

    Would like to go the one on 15th Jan. Too bad I got class on sat afternoon.

  20. #20

    Default

    Hi hi, how to register for the 15 Jan public lecture? Can just walk in or must call up to book seat? thanks! this is sooo cool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •