Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

  1. #1

    Default Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Hi guys, I recently bought a Leica S2 set here from a Clubsnap posting. Regretfully, I didn't test the camera
    enough, and now have found a problem with the CCD.

    Has anyone here happened to have viewed the same camera before and found the same problem?
    I need help to try and sort it out with the seller.

    I would appreciate any help from any of you who have viewed and inquired about the camera before.

    Thanks.

    ivan
    iharlim@gmail.com

  2. #2

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    How long was that ago?

    I am sorry but if you didnt check properly the item before hand, I doubt any seller would want to be responsible for it esp when it is some time back.

  3. #3

    Default

    Can share what is the problem on the CCD?
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  4. #4

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    About 2 weeks ago. There seem to be scratches on the CCD.
    Was wondering if anyone else has viewed and found out about it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by silver halides View Post
    About 2 weeks ago. There seem to be scratches on the CCD.
    Was wondering if anyone else has viewed and found out about it.
    Not sure about Leica but I would assume that most sensors have a protective covering on top of it. But strongly suggest you bring it to a repair shop (like Camera Hospital) to have it checked out.

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Not sure about Leica but I would assume that most sensors have a protective covering on top of it. But strongly suggest you bring it to a repair shop (like Camera Hospital) to have it checked out.
    You just DO NOT bring a Leica S2 into camera hospital... even if they can do the work, I doubt they can find the parts. Nobody does that...

  7. #7
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You just DO NOT bring a Leica S2 into camera hospital... even if they can do the work, I doubt they can find the parts. Nobody does that...
    Pardon my ignorance... beyond my level lah... so bring back to Leica Singapore perhaps?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    it's best to let the Leica servicing centre check... details here... it could just be streak smudges from previous DIY attempts to clean the sensor... or if it's a scratch, most likely it's on the cover glass rather than the sensor, and the cover glass can just be replaced... but from what I heard, they only repair M-series in Singapore, S-series might have to send to Germany...

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    it's best to let the Leica servicing centre check... details here... it could just be streak smudges from previous DIY attempts to clean the sensor... or if it's a scratch, most likely it's on the cover glass rather than the sensor, and the cover glass can just be replaced... but from what I heard, they only repair M-series in Singapore, S-series might have to send to Germany...
    Even M-series, for major work they have to send to Germany already... This one, if really a scratch, confirm have to go to Germany. And it will not be cheap... just look at the price of the S2 and you know..

  10. #10
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    TS - i guess you are referring to this thread?

    unfortunately, you will have to bring it back to Leica SG for repairs. they are probably the only ones in SG that are qualified to do this. the S2 isn't like your RF cameras where most repair shops can do CLAs. and yeah... the turnaround time is probably a couple of months.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  11. #11

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    noticed that it still has 8 months of warranty left. so should that be a bonus or is the sensor not covered by warranty?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    the cam is really expensive. I don't believe in my eye. hope to see some photos of this gems.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Even M-series, for major work they have to send to Germany already... This one, if really a scratch, confirm have to go to Germany. And it will not be cheap... just look at the price of the S2 and you know..
    if it's just the cover glass, the cost if any shouldn't be that bad...

  14. #14
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    if it's just the cover glass, the cost if any shouldn't be that bad...
    Not that bad compared to the cost of the cam... but will still be sizable.. ;P

  15. #15
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by Squid108 View Post
    the cam is really expensive. I don't believe in my eye. hope to see some photos of this gems.
    No need to hope. You can see the review and tons of sample pictures here:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/revie...s2-review.html

  16. #16

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Just wondering. This baby uses the 37.5Mp Kodak sensor. Now that Eastman Kodak has gone bankrupt, if the sensor is indeed damaged, will TS be able to replace it?

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigarex View Post
    Just wondering. This baby uses the 37.5Mp Kodak sensor. Now that Eastman Kodak has gone bankrupt, if the sensor is indeed damaged, will TS be able to replace it?
    Kodak filed Chapter 11 bankrupcy not liquidation. Companies in Chapter 11 continue to operate while restructuring their debts and sometimes, reorganizing parts of their company. And I am pretty sure Leica has enough inventory of parts in support of this very very very expensive system.

    Definition of Chapter 11:

    Named after the U.S. bankruptcy code 11, Chapter 11 is a form of bankruptcy that involves a reorganization of a debtor's business affairs and assets. It is generally filed by corporations which require time to restructure their debts.

    Chapter 11 gives the debtor a fresh start, subject to the debtor's fulfillment of its obligations under its plan of reorganization.

    Read more: Chapter 11 Definition | Investopedia
    Last edited by daredevil123; 29th April 2012 at 09:11 AM.

  18. #18
    Member kane-rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Singapore-
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Dammit... This thing cost 22000/- US$

    I would have had a heart attack by now, if i would have brought something this expensive and if it was faulty.

    Op All the best hope this gets sorted for you..

    Daredevil thank you for the links
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

  19. #19
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Need help - has anyone viewed a recent Leica S2 for sale on Clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by kane-rulez View Post
    Dammit... This thing cost 22000/- US$

    I would have had a heart attack by now, if i would have brought something this expensive and if it was faulty.

    Op All the best hope this gets sorted for you..

    Daredevil thank you for the links
    hee hee hee compared to a $92000 COE , this is CHEAP !
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •