Thread: Big cartons for Tidal Waves

Default Big cartons for Tidal Waves

I can donate about 100 pieces of Big carton boxes (almost mint condition and semi-heavy duty) for the "Tidal Waves Programme"........ anyone here knows where can i deliver them to? Only to the place where they really need them in Singapore.

Size of cartons: 55cm x 55cm x 45cm (21" x 21" x 18")
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    I can donate about 100 pieces of Big carton boxes (almost mint condition and semi-heavy duty) for the "Tidal Waves Programme"........ anyone here knows where can i deliver them to? Only to the place where they really need them in Singapore.

Ananda Travel is organising a collection for Sri Lanka, why don't you give them a call. 6435-8422/18

100 pieces like alot hor... need help in transporting?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    100 pieces like alot hor... need help in transporting?
    Thanks for your offer..... my company's van will deliver them to Sri Lanka embassy tmr.
    always the Light, .... always.

Thanks for your offer..... my company's van will deliver them to Sri Lanka embassy tmr.

no problem...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Canonised, I have sent you PM regarding the need of carton boxes for relief effort to Aceh (Indonesia) organized by Indonesian Embassy (Grange Road).

Hi Canonised,

寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Default More Cartons

I just moved house, and have about 40 flattened cartons ready. Can someone help to transport them to the collection/packing centres?

Quote Originally Posted by laokayu
    I just moved house, and have about 40 flattened cartons ready. Can someone help to transport them to the collection/packing centres?
    where u stay? i will pm u my number, can sms me where your address & i will go down to collect.

Thanks to the 3 kind souls who offered the boxes. Sorry I didn't respond any earlier but I was kinda swamped with sorting/packing/unloading/loading/unloading/loading stuff all day yesterday and today.

A friend came through with 120 plus good sized, sturdy boxes for me late yesterday. That, in addition to the 120 DHL boxes we got earlier really saved the day.

My apologies to CSer Andrew who showed up at our AMK collection point this morning, due to a miscommunication, we had nothing for him to transport in his van. Sorry Andrew!

It's kinda heartwarming to see how a lot of folks rise to the occasion with their helping hands and generous pockets. There's still a lot left to be done and the 1 40ft container we sent off to Aceh this evening didn't seem enough (to me).

Cheers,
    T

its me lah... hehehe... anyway its a bit of work for a bigger cause... just trying my teeny weeny bit to help...

so anybody need anymore help to transport things around? those who have things to donate & do not have the means of transportation i can help you to send... if you wan, can come along...

Mercy Relief has been given the former Serangoon Sec School as a temporary storage place. As such, we have quite a bit of space to store bulky items.

The address is 58 Lowland Road. (Serangoon area)

While many organizations have stopped collecting clothing items, Mercy will continue to accept them all the way till Jan 9, or beyond if needed. The satellite drop off points are at SOKA Tampines, SOKA Senja (Bukit Panjang area) and SOKA Pasir Panjang. For exact address, check the Mercy website at www.mercyrelief.org

From Monday to Friday next week, we will also operate a collection centre in CBD area - at 144 Robinson Road, level 3. Details also can be found in Mercy website.

If your boxes are still available, send them to the address above. If you have tapes for the boxes, even better. Boxes are also needed at the satellite collection centres.

I will be at the site tomorrow, if you have any question, please feel free to call me at 91876351, or call Teh Thien Yew at 94894694

Thanks.

I was at SOKA Tampines on Sat Evening.

My fist thought was, we need more helpers to do the sorting out!!! Look at the amount of clothes, and the number of volunteers there. There really need more help.

SOKA Tampines

We kept sending volunteers down to Sri Lanka Temple at St Micheal's, but to my surprise alot of the volunteers who went to the temple have nothing to do. I have communicated with the i/c at the temple that we will not be going down to the temple, instead we will be sending volunteers to the other collection centres that need more help.

Volunteers @ Sri Lanka Temple

Volunteers @ Sri Lanka Temple Loading the container

I would like to thank Andrew, a very nice guy who sent down 40 boxes to CDC this morning. I try to snap your photo, but in a rush, it did not came out well, will try to take a photo with you in future. Thank you very much for your kind effort to help.

This is Our Andrew... Sorry, I was in a rush, so never really check what I took. Thanks for the Carton Boxes. (Coffee some other time...)

hehehe... like i moving in a flash... did i move so fast??? hehe..

anyway... its nice to help around... i was at the temple a few times, din notice there are so many ppl nothing to do...