Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

Blog Entries

Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

and my Micro 1ft x 8inch tank holding bettas
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

Very wild look

Blog Entries

lol yah .... aquarium style street photography ....
    Walkeast

are those Dragon Claws? I thought they need high light?

Blog Entries

those are flame moss which grows upwards if u referring to the micro tank video
    Last edited by ed9119; 21st June 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Walkeast

wa this thread so many pages since i last saw it! My chiller broke into pieces sighhhh

Blog Entries

Just got myself 20 pcs of Red Cherry Shrimps (Sakura reds) after cycling my little 30L pond for 4 weeks

These little guys seem to spend all day just eating and eating

Anyone into shrimps ?
    Walkeast

add fan...... they breed like nobody business...
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Default Re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Just got myself 20 pcs of Red Cherry Shrimps (Sakura reds) after cycling my little 30L pond for 4 weeks

These little guys seem to spend all day just eating and eating

Anyone into shrimps ?
    I have some sakura reds in my 3ft tank too. Enjoy watching them eating and cleaning my moss

Blog Entries

Default Re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    I have some sakura reds in my 3ft tank too. Enjoy watching them eating and cleaning my moss
    have yours produced yet ?

mine are 2nd generation (F2) brothers/sisters currently. I am planning on strengthening the genes in this present line of Sakuras by outcrossing to similar Reds from a different line in a couple of months.
    Walkeast

mine are 2nd generation (F2) brothers/sisters currently. I am planning on strengthening the genes in this present line of Sakuras by outcrossing to similar Reds from a different line in a couple of months.
    Uncle Eddie... are you a geneticist?

Yup. I had seen a few generations of cherry and sakura shrimps. They are the only ones willing to produce in my tank. Sadly, I don't enjoy the same success with fishes

Last time I into it.

I got many tanks. Keeping plant tanks Dutch style, and also amano nature aquarium style. Got a biotope tank that was self sufficient and run well without water change for 2 years plus, feeding only once a week and top up water. Also into cichlids, got two tanks of Malawi, one mbunas and one hap tank, was also into other small cichlids like those from amazon or congo rivers.

Life got busy and all 7 tanks decommissioned.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

I have 3 tanks of different sizes, 1 for clown loaches, 1 for sakura shrimps and 1 planted tank. Great way to relax after a hard day's of work to look at aquariums
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

9 years ago, i used to keep "Black ghost knifefishes", common carps, catfish, tiger barbs, crayfish, African Cichlids ... all in one big tank filled with one big bogwood.

Bought them small as they were cute back then. Fed them with tetra fishes which i occasionally cut into small bits. My dad complained how come everyday one or two of his tetra were missing from his tank :P

6 months later they grow BIG, and i had to release them into the ponds in botanical gardens, and mc donald (farrier road branch) ponds... had fun maintaining the tank and enjoyed watching my fishes.

Now after seeing some of the pics posted here, i am thinking of keeping saltwater fishes :P but heard it is more expensive to maintain than the freshwater ones?
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Ohh, i did not notice there are so many aquascapers , fish/shrimp keepers in CS... hehe

My Low tech tank

My Med Tech tank

Btw, i am newbie and still learning the rope; in addition, the pictures were taken using a P&S so hope you guys don't mind...

I am keeping planted tank, fish and shrimps...hehe, lets bombard this thread with more pictures...

Blog Entries

wow this is niceeee .... love the long driftwood you're using
    Walkeast

wow this is niceeee .... love the long driftwood you're using
    Thanks for the encouragement, you mean the med-tech tank right? My friends called it Nike Tank.... Lol can you see the nike logo? I did not noticed that at first...lol

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    My Med Tech tank
    i like your this set-up.

and i bookmarked your blog for further read and info, thanks for sharing
    Last edited by SurrealDreamWalker; 7th November 2012 at 12:22 PM.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Blog Entries

just looking at all that lush hairgrass shows the amount of work you've put in
    Walkeast

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast