Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    anyways... is this considered an old man's hobby?
    siao liao la i not even not even 25 leh

Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

anyways... is this considered an old man's hobby?
    This hobby is for old ladies.

Want to try or not?

hmm i don't know. i prefer cats and dogs

Just got into shrimps keeping recently... damm it is so hard to take good photos of them .....

Lai lai post some your shrimps. crs? Come poison us please

hmm i don't know. i prefer cats and dogs
    I thought u are more into foxes (vixen)

Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    I thought u are more into foxes (vixen)
    ok for that species you made a mistake. it's Cougars and not Vixens.

anyways. we can't keep those Cougars and Vixens in fish tanks now... so let's not OT anymore

Blog Entries

very shy showing my stuff ha ha

my 'tanks' are very crude and rudimentary vs some of your beautiful setups but so far its extremely low maintenance ..... below is a recent batch of red bettas given to me by a breeder .... they're all going to kids upstairs and downstairs our apartment block to get into keeping fighting fish and hopefully find a love for nature

It keeps the water clean while providing comfort to the fish vs keeping them in a bare empty jar

java moss bottom with water lettuce and/or slavinias and/or duckweed floating on top

and the video clip ha ha ha !!!

Last edited by ed9119; 9th May 2012 at 12:58 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

I was much in South East Asia fishes especially wild bettas, danio, rasboras and dwarf gourami however was force to give up coz I am now working oversea.
    Mine passion for them still burn in mine heart.
    Alway make it a point to visit LFS whenever I travel. Mine favourite is Gold fish street in HK
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

-------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

its therapeutic after a hard days work
    *In & Out Studio Team

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    very shy showing my stuff ha ha

my 'tanks' are very crude and rudimentary vs some of your beautiful setups but so far its extremely low maintenance ..... below is a recent batch of red bettas given to me by a breeder .... they're all going to kids upstairs and downstairs our apartment block to get into keeping fighting fish and hopefully find a love for nature

It keeps the water clean while providing comfort to the fish vs keeping them in a bare empty jar

java moss bottom with water lettuce and/or slavinias and/or duckweed floating on top

Uncle Ed there are nice Jars and Vases in IKEA (both glass and plastic). maybe you can head down there to get some nice ones that'll look nicer on the window sill

when i was keeping fighting fishes, that's where i went to get my "tanks"

former planter checking in. Used to have planted tank for altum and discus. But too fickle with the landacaping. Keep changing my plants due to fast growth of plants which requires frequent trimming. Will rejoin the hobby in August. This time will plan a fully CO2 sustainable tank so that plants do not grow too lush and fast.

Anyone keeping corys? I'm a long-time fan of corydorus as I find them extremely cute.
    Just to share a photo of one of my corys

Well, ED's thread had seriously rekindled my love for...again.....uhm, eh...just what have ya been thinking huh...hahahaa.....

Yes, rekindled my childhood's hobby of at least some 40-years back then.....(...,...and non of those "things/thoughts" some might be thinking of...yah hehee...)

Thanks ed9119..., yes, as I'm typing while watching my Paracheirodon axelrodi, these jewels of South America and West Africa, around upper Orinoco and Negro river basins, aka Cardinal tetra...swimming with a Golden otocinclus-catfish too, around my newly setup 2ft tank which I had just set it up for past one week only...!!!!!

Yup to all Aquatic lovers...haha...!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by blueskye168; 10th May 2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Blog Entries

thats one thing i really hate about aquatic plants and fauna hobbyists ..... you guys really love using scientific names instead of local names lolzzz

in the local fish forum for examples you get blur when people talk Martian like this below

"....you can try adding in a branch of hygrophilia, and even the anubias afzelii would be a good addition...."

or

"....I noticed yesterday that the frogbits on top are turning yellow but I have 5 39w lights which bring to 2.17 wpg and moreover they catches the light much more than the plants below so what is the cause of this ? Is this due to my tank is still under the cycling process which lack of nutrients or something else ?....."

and newbies there tend to ask generally serious questions

"I have planted glosso a week ago and so far no a few leaves are growing upwards and the rest are either stagnant or rotting which leave me to consider planting other type of foreground plants like HG or Staurogyne. I went to seaview on sun and saw some packs of Elatine Triandra which may also be my choice foreground plant.

One question is that do I need to take out all the glosso which are in my tank now or I just need to plant the new plants and it will cover up the glosso later.

I noticed yesterday that the frogbits on top are turning yellow but I have 5 39w lights which bring to 2.17 wpg and moreover they catches the light much more than the plants below so what is the cause of this ? Is this due to my tank is still under the cycling process which lack of nutrients or something else ?

Thanks alot for more info. "

You think photography hobbyist newbies have it tough? You sink like a rock in an aquarists' forum !!!
    Last edited by ed9119; 10th May 2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Walkeast

Uncle Ed there are nice Jars and Vases in IKEA (both glass and plastic). maybe you can head down there to get some nice ones that'll look nicer on the window sill
    I find square glass bottles are pretty good as it allow us to view the fishes without distortion and they are space saving.

They are available in $2 shops.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    thats one thing i really hate about aquatic plants and fauna hobbyists ..... you guys really love using scientific names instead of local names lolzzz
    I think what's scary is that I understood all of that Haha
    Well maybe the newbies have to answer a quiz on plant common names and scientific names before they can post? Oh wait wrong thread...
    Anyway grats, you managed to convert one!
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnix View Post
    Me! Here's some shots of my shrimps

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/macro...ps-snails.html
    Well, I should have come to your post/links earlier as I thought of keeping shrimps just about one week ago before I setup my new 2ft tank of Cardinal-Tetras and a Golden-Otocinlus-Catfish...!!! Bcos of my lack of knowledge in terms of keeping shrimps and partly due to and after chatting with the person on 'how-to-keep-shrimp'...eg water condiditions...p/h, temp, nitrate, etc,etc...so stop the ideas of keeping my intended plan and went on to what I've used to keep lor...!!!!! but, stillok, happy with my 2nd-choice too...
    Last edited by blueskye168; 11th May 2012 at 10:17 AM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Blog Entries

my 1ft x 1ft x 1ft 'Jungle' populated by Betta's .... the bio load is scary heavy even with about 1kg of Java Moss and a few heads of Water Lettuce

Most of them going to be given away to daughter's class and schoolmates by end of this week

Last edited by ed9119; 15th May 2012 at 12:41 AM.
    Walkeast

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast