Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 229

Thread: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

  1. #1
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,556
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    its quite a relaxing theraphy siting down watching plants grow and staring blankly into my little 2ft tank planted with java moss, duckweed, windelov ferns, salvinia and various anubias
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    2,930

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    its quite a relaxing theraphy siting down watching plants grow and staring blankly into my little 2ft tank planted with java moss, duckweed, windelov ferns, salvinia and various anubias
    ...and take time lapse photography of their growth.

  3. #3

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    its quite a relaxing theraphy siting down watching plants grow and staring blankly into my little 2ft tank planted with java moss, duckweed, windelov ferns, salvinia and various anubias
    show us a pic of your aquarium

  4. #4

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post
    show us a pic of your aquarium
    Agreed, I could use some relaxing therapy watching ed's tank of growing plants, planted with java moss, duckweed, windelov ferns, salvinia and various anubias
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  5. #5
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    4,579

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Remember to add CO2 into the water...
    My Flickr Site
    Scuba For Life

  6. #6

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    used to...
    really miss aquascape

    i guess i will have a 4x2x2 in my own home next time
    hoping try to breed some heckel in it!

  7. #7

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    you guys AQ, AF, FT not enough meh?????
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,002

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    I used to rare fish too; marine and fresh water.
    Yes, it's really relaxing to watch the fish swim, epecially if you have plants or "caves" in the tank.
    I DIYed the carbon dioxide too!
    I want to start a tank again but my other half will not agree.....

  9. #9
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,556
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    my set-up is electric-free self-recycling mini eco-system
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  10. #10

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Had been keeping fishes and aquatic plants for many years now......way before I took up photography. Till now some of my first batch of cardinal tetras and corys are still around.

  11. #11
    Member Knighthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
    Posts
    954

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Keeping marine reef tank is just another bank bursting hobby....after 4 years I quit after the disaster hit my tank, main power to my unit trip after my condo MA upgrading bus bar while we were overseas and no one reset the breaker until we are home 2 days later. It wipe out everything then decided to decom the complete tank.
    Planted tank should be better I guess, benefit having fish tank is really a joy sometime better than watching TV.
    W204FL

  12. #12

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    its quite a relaxing theraphy siting down watching plants grow and staring blankly into my little 2ft tank planted with java moss, duckweed, windelov ferns, salvinia and various anubias
    planted tanker reporting in. nothing better than to enjoy lush greenery and landscapes in your own balcony. pelia (subwassertang), US fissiden, flame moss, taiwan moss.

  13. #13

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    used to have a 6x2x2 with Altums, Blue head heckels and RSG in an all amazon swords planted tank, now I have a 4x2x1.5 diamond glass tank (empty) in my dining room . I also co-run a forum on mainly planted tanks
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

  14. #14
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    2,930

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminong88 View Post
    planted tanker reporting in. nothing better than to enjoy lush greenery and landscapes in your own balcony. pelia (subwassertang), US fissiden, flame moss, taiwan moss.
    In balcony wouldn't there be too much sunshine and water turning green with algae?

    Sorry for the question as I only had kept fishes but not plants.

  15. #15

    Default

    Current tank 2x1x1 . Mainly Planted with HC and some shrimps. I love watching the green lush of HC with pearling O2 on the leaves.
    Canon 5D Mark ii , 50mm F/1.8 Mii

  16. #16
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,556
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    In balcony wouldn't there be too much sunshine and water turning green with algae?

    Sorry for the question as I only had kept fishes but not plants.
    EXACTLY ! thats the challenge ..... in finding as perfect a balance as possible both from an asthetic perspective as well as from a scientific perspective

    The joy in achieving zero or minimal water changes as vs once a WEEk is very zen
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicken
    Current tank 2x1x1 . Mainly Planted with HC and some shrimps. I love watching the green lush of HC with pearling O2 on the leaves.
    Good job! Never had much success with HC. crs?

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonsng
    used to have a 6x2x2 with Altums, Blue head heckels and RSG in an all amazon swords planted tank, now I have a 4x2x1.5 diamond glass tank (empty) in my dining room . I also co-run a forum on mainly planted tanks
    aquaticquotient? o.0 seems like there are aq and cs forumers haha

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119

    EXACTLY ! thats the challenge ..... in finding as perfect a balance as possible both from an asthetic perspective as well as from a scientific perspective

    The joy in achieving zero or minimal water changes as vs once a WEEk is very zen
    Haha have to agree with you on this. Just top up water

    Sion, for planted i always face some form of algae constant war against them. usually hair or green spot. especially high tech tank must always balance the conditions well!

  20. #20

    Default re: any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminong88 View Post
    Haha have to agree with you on this. Just top up water

    Sion, for planted i always face some form of algae constant war against them. usually hair or green spot. especially high tech tank must always balance the conditions well!
    Is there sunlight shining directly on the tank? Natural sunlight is not good for fish tank as it promote algae growth.

Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •