Thread: K to Q adapter arrived need help

Ahem so yeah it arrived on the day of the outing. And I have no idea how to use. Hahahahaha. So this is a call for help. XD
    Last edited by Aelindgard; 24th April 2012 at 09:24 AM.

Default Re: K to Q adapter arrived need help

Quote Originally Posted by Aelindgard View Post
    Ahem so yeah it arrived on the day of the outing. And I have no idea how to use. Hahahahaha. So this is a call for help. XD
    maybe u want to post a link telling us which brand of adaptor u bought and what exactly you need help on ? cannot take pictures? cannot step down? what?

Using the jinfinance adapter with aperture ring. In day time I can handle it but night time almost not usable at all. Lens used is DA 18-55.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelindgard View Post
    Using the jinfinance adapter with aperture ring. In day time I can handle it but night time almost not usable at all. Lens used is DA 18-55.
    Ermm.. Day time you can handle it? night time almost not usable at all? Did you meant you aren't able to manual focus at night with the poor lighting?
    Or it is too dark to even see?

It doesn't get enough light. Even shooting wide open at f3.5. Guess I just have to use it during day. Also anyway I can get a closer minimum focus so I can do macro? I managed to get some ok photos of a 10cent coin. Should I go tube or close up filter?

If u use a tube u will lose more light thats for sure. Mayb a close up filter may work better?
    K3(Silver)

I have extension tube, but it works with lens with a aperture, it keeps image quality at price of darken light income,so if you put extension tube in between ur adapter and DA lens, DA lens will lose contact with adapter's aperture.so it is always in smallest aperture

so macro filter is one way to go, but I have tried macro filter before, +8 filter will give u soft image wide open, and purple fringe due to that magnification.

so try +4 macro filter, or the high quality version of +8 , DCR-250
    K-01: S8FE, DA35, DA70 Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycamera
    I have extension tube, but it works with lens with a aperture, it keeps image quality at price of darken light income,so if you put extension tube in between ur adapter and DA lens, DA lens will lose contact with adapter's aperture.so it is always in smallest aperture

so macro filter is one way to go, but I have tried macro filter before, +8 filter will give u soft image wide open, and purple fringe due to that magnification.

so try +4 macro filter, or the high quality version of +8 , DCR-250
    Oh good thing u brought it up. I will lose control of aperture with a tube. Thanks.

That's when u call for manual "A" lenses! Hahaha!! Atleast got aperture rings!
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

Took some shots with the 18-55 will post them soon.