Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Need help~! Thanks~!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Need help~! Thanks~!

    Hi ppl~!

    I have encounter a prob while taking pics and hope tat the experts can help. Thks in advance~!

    I uses a canon A95 and wanted to take pics of my frenzs in a restaurant. They were seated from the back to the front on both sides of a table. I use aperture-proity mde and set a f7.1 aperture so tat I can get everybody in focus. But if I focus on the ppl seated near the middle and the flash flashed, those in the front will be abit overexpose while those at the back will be quite dark. how do I overcome this prob?

    Hope tat the explaination of my situation is clear. ...thks for all the help~!

  2. #2

    Default

    can you post the pic to see wat you mean... I think it will help...

  3. #3

    Default

    Well, for this you gotta use bounced flash. A $40 unit will do wonders (think your A95 has hotshoe too). Either that or set exposure compensation to be +1 stop. Bo bian, the white/off-white table cloth is pretty reflective and is definitely much more so than your faces, plus the fact that the table is closer to your flash. Bouncing + a bounce card would equalise it somewhat as the light source would be mostly from the ceiling. Just think about it for a minute.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    dun think A95 have a hotshoe... need to use a external strobe and use a reflector to direct the built in flash to trigger the strobe
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rayz
    can you post the pic to see wat you mean... I think it will help...
    Sorry rayz..but the pic include my frenzs also so I don't think will be nice if I post on the net for everybody to see...

    Actually the prob is tat those seated nearer to the cam will be overexposed, while those further back will be too dark...those in the middle(where my focusing frame is) is just nice....I was wondering if I set the shuttle speed slower maybe it will help....


    Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Well, for this you gotta use bounced flash. A $40 unit will do wonders (think your A95 has hotshoe too). Either that or set exposure compensation to be +1 stop. Bo bian, the white/off-white table cloth is pretty reflective and is definitely much more so than your faces, plus the fact that the table is closer to your flash. Bouncing + a bounce card would equalise it somewhat as the light source would be mostly from the ceiling. Just think about it for a minute.

    A95 got no hotshoe leh...so maybe I will try set the exposure compensation see whether it helps.. thanks again~!

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    This has nothing can do about the shuttle speed here, unless you want to take with the available light only, set a tripod, and ask your friends to hold still.

    What you have to do is try to have all the subjects (your friends) have a same(=) distant with the camera (flash), pack them as close as possible, like what you see the table shots of wedding dinner.

    The rest of the setups maybe to complicated for you, unless you are doing this often.

    Hope this help

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    This has nothing can do about the shuttle speed here, unless you want to take with the available light only, set a tripod, and ask your friends to hold still.

    What you have to do is try to have all the subjects (your friends) have a same(=) distant with the camera (flash), pack them as close as possible, like what you see the table shots of wedding dinner.

    The rest of the setups maybe to complicated for you, unless you are doing this often.

    Hope this help
    hmm..so there realli isn't other way I can use for a p & s camera?...oh well..guess next time I ask them gather at the place for the pic instead of them siting on the chair...thanks for your info~!

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    hmm..so there realli isn't other way I can use for a p & s camera?...oh well..guess next time I ask them gather at the place for the pic instead of them siting on the chair...thanks for your info~!
    The problem you encounter is because of some subjects are to close and to far to the flash, so the overexpose on nearer persons, underexpose on the far end persons.

    P&S camera have some limitation, as long you know the limitation and work within, you also can produce great pictures with this little camera.
    (IMHO, all camreras has it own limitation, regardless big or small)

    Hope this help.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    The problem you encounter is because of some subjects are to close and to far to the flash, so the overexpose on nearer persons, underexpose on the far end persons.

    P&S camera have some limitation, as long you know the limitation and work within, you also can produce great pictures with this little camera.
    (IMHO, all camreras has it own limitation, regardless big or small)

    Hope this help.
    Thanks you so much for your help ppl~!....I will take note of all your advice next time....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •