Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When does it tantamount to forum "stirring"?

Blog Entries

Default Re: When does it tantamount to forum "stirring"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Not me. I'm too lazy to argue or even to write more than two lines.

Go and find Nightmare.
    stir ar stir ar stir ar stir. wanna call doraemon back too?

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    Man that's too much work foxtwo!

But agreed, in an ideal mature forum, we'd do our little bit of thinking before we post; not unlike what we do at work imho - ideas get shot down if we don't back it up with concrete proposals, solutions, anticipation of the other side's arguments/views and how to counter propose. Yet such is life... gets in the way of the ideal

I think the 'stirrer' (are we not allowed to use his handle because it's pretty obvious as the thread is still up?) has a point but can perhaps elaborate on how he'd make it better? Certainly doable? Does her look really detract from the theme?
    I missed out on the thread (not amongst the subfora that I visit) but your reply (foxtwo) got me thinking. If I wanted to play up her strengths how would I do it?

Some form of shotgun wedding? Angry elderly parents, quivering young man showing up at the door and his uncertain (or over-enthusiastic?) cutesy 18yo bride + baby bump too if possible. In an older setting, one of those conservation-era flats: scissor-pull grille gates, white and green mosaic tiles, peel off chinese calender, 7-up tinted windows

Or simply running away from it all, too young to get married, I don't wanna, this life is for me, my dreams, on the street, wedding dress hitched up, garters showing, heels broken, flying? happy with freedom, or frustrated with rivulets beginning of mascara, blurred out wedding car in the background, or guests arms akimbo and some held up in the air
    Endless possiblities?
    Aiyah, I will also go for the simplified essay version. If I were to spend too much time on something that irked me on the spur of the moment, will naturally come to the conclusion that life's too short to sweat the little things.

And ya, how not those themes or concepts instead of a straight up expectation of 'act cute' expressions. If you dare to be different and the model is up for it, then why not? Zichar, so when you're going to be a photoshoot organiser? :P

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    And ya, how not those themes or concepts instead of a straight up expectation of 'act cute' expressions. If you dare to be different and the model is up for it, then why not? Zichar, so when you're going to be a photoshoot organiser? :P
    If Zichar going to organise such theme, I will be keen to join.

I have enough of boring cover the gal in the wedding gown = wedding shoot type of shoots organised here. that's the type of message I want to convey to organisers here. improve! make up storyline (as long as related to the theme) and make the shoot interesting to look at.

but seriously... if the model is wearing a wedding gown and posing like this and this. This shoot is never gonna work out. And like I say, find a better model for the job.
    Last edited by sinned79; 23rd April 2012 at 12:30 PM.

i've shot cassey before... and i have to agree with bro sinned79...........

but honestly, though bro sinned79's words are pretty harsh, i can understand why he got fed up. if you notice how many people took his words out of context and were just living in their own dream world.

and bashing him based on a comment he made 2 years ago. i'm not on his side but heck, give a guy a break.

i know most of the photogs here love to shoot XMMs on a regular basis, but it's no reason to attack him just because he has different views on how people build up their portfolios.

and TS... you're the same. you went into the nest of hornets to make a complaint (i.e. the Nikon sub-forum) and you got what you were asking for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post

I have enough of boring cover the gal in the wedding gown = wedding shoot type of shoots organised here. that's the type of message I want to convey to organisers here. improve! make up storyline (as long as related to the theme) and make the shoot interesting to look at.

but seriously... if the model is wearing a wedding gown and posing like this and this. This shoot is never gonna work out. And like I say, find a better model for the job.
    different ppl different tastes... my advice is that if you have a problem with them, just dont go to their photoshoots/organise your own.

i never ever joined the paid shoots before anyways. just not my cup of tea

cos I am just being me. I am not rationalising why mod gave me infraction. I already said in that thread, if the mod wants to infract me, go ahead. Mod want to infract me, let them be, its their job.

as long as me is still me, my conscience is clear, I continue to be me. hence after 9000+ post, got into an arguement (cos the mod can't see eye to eye with me trying to help out an unfortunate little gal) with the mod resulting my previous nick banned, here I come back, I am still the old me.

why should I change for others?

seriously, this world will be a better place to stay in if everyone open up their thoughts and voice out (as long as its honest and not malicious) so people can know what you think. Sometimes it may be unpleasant, but you never know what you gonna get.
    That's silly. On the right topic and with some time I can too be critical and honest in my opinions. The difference is I will be analytical and dispassionate enough in my phrasing so it does not sound like an immature rant. I present my side with counter arguments of logical possibilities to cut off differing opines and reinforce others to my intent. But at the end I still request alternative solutions, firstly to invite similar or differing views and secondly to humble myself that there could be smarter and more intelligent people out there.

This way, even though I am deconstructing something (preferably never someone), I brooch the topic in a palatable form and not brute shove it down people's throats. I will not make many friends but a bunch of enemies that way. Which method gets your point across? By making people blind with fury? No wonder they started making less sense and got more "insulting".

But even before that, you should get it into your head that you are not the only one who is being true to him/herself and that everyone else is just hiding behind masks. Again, if you're still the same old you as previously, it shouldn't take long for the next occurrence to happen.

Hey, but you were just ranting and defending your right to honest opinion in there... even after my posts of 'shoots being different'. Sorry but I just don't believe you were 'conveying improvements' and it's way too late now. I do believe you could have salvaged the situation in the initial thread if you had changed tactics, but you didn't even after countless chances afforded by others.

[moderator mode off]I also like this post, here is my collections....
    [moderator mode on]

[edited: I find the "call me" hand gesture is very common, I have a few in my stock images collection on different models.
    You may have different views on this gesture, but can leave it to others if you don't intent to do the shoot.

photos removed.
    Last edited by catchlights; 23rd April 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

That's silly. On the right topic and with some time I can too be critical and honest in my opinions. The difference is I will be analytical and dispassionate enough in my phrasing so it does not sound like an immature rant. I present my side with counter arguments of logical possibilities to cut off differing opines and reinforce others to my intent. But at the end I still request alternative solutions, firstly to invite similar or differing views and secondly to humble myself that there could be smarter and more intelligent people out there.

This way, even though I am deconstructing something (preferably never someone), I brooch the topic in a palatable form and not brute shove it down people's throats. I will not make many friends but a bunch of enemies that way. Which method gets your point across? By making people blind with fury? No wonder they started making less sense and got more "insulting".

But even before that, you should get it into your head that you are not the only one who is being true to him/herself and that everyone else is just hiding behind masks. Again, if you're still the same old you as previously, it shouldn't take long for the next occurrence to happen.
    old habits hard to kill

as this is a forum... i dun see the need to be so PR unless I am facing my clients (since $$$ is involved). so I always relax and dun really care much about my postings on forum (else i wun have rake up 9000+ so fast). if someone can't see my posting eye to eye too bad. but i can be meaner and malicious if i want to if there is a need to.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

photos removed

[moderator mode on]
    LOL!

but different mah... wedding and pose this way... very weird leh.
    Last edited by catchlights; 23rd April 2012 at 05:54 PM.

old habits hard to kill

as this is a forum... i dun see the need to be so PR unless I am facing my clients (since $$$ is involved). so I always relax and dun really care much about my postings on forum (else i wun have rake up 9000+ so fast). if someone can't see my posting eye to eye too bad. but i can be meaner and malicious if i want to if there is a need to.
    Hmm, but to be a professional you have to act and treat others as professionals else it'll bite you in the ass later or have already biten you, just that you don't know. It is never too late to change, as long as you want to change.

But you're still equating my logic as being nice or being PR. It's not so much about being nice than getting your point across in a logical format. Well, I can't really break it down anymore than what I've done without repeating myself. I have some DI work to bang out too so, cheers~
    Last edited by foxtwo; 23rd April 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    photos removed

[moderator mode on]
    not bad

Last edited by catchlights; 23rd April 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Hmm, but to be a professional you have to act and treat others as professionals else it'll bite you in the ass later or have already biten you, just that you don't know. It is never too late to change, as long as you want to change.

But you're still equating my logic as being nice or being PR. It's not so much about being nice than getting your point across in a logical format. Well, I can't really break it down anymore than what I've done without repeating myself. I have some DI work to bang out too so, cheers~
    i understand what u mean, no worries.

If you put 10 person in one room you will be surprised that there can be more than 100 opinions. Simply because some people will have more than one opinion.
    So I learn in life, to listen to the opinions of others, but also filter out those good and not so good and just keep those good ones. Other than that, not to be bothered by others who may disagree with me. Let's agree to disagree.

Sometimes there is no need to defend our opinion or what we believe in. Continue to believe in what you believe in and if others don't see the same page as you, the world doesn't end. You are still who you are and they are still who they are.

Next thing I am going to talk about is never allow others to put you in a box. Your limits are not the limits others say about you. Your potential is not limited by what others think or say about you. Let you yourself define and set your own limits.

Cassey previous portfolio might suit a certain style but that does not mean she will not outgrow that style. It might challenge her and the photographer and MUA and the clothes choice if she does certain themes but it certainly does not mean they will fail (all the time).

50 Famously Successful People Who Failed At First | Online College Tips – Online Colleges

If you read the link I posted above, today we are enjoying the fruits and fruits of their fruits and fruits of their fruits of their fruits,... ... of those people just because they did not stop when others say they cannot.

Fast forward 1 million years from today, there will still be critics and there will still be over-comers. Good day all.

Going totally off tangent, I've never shot portraits
    But I think there's some fun and different ways to do so out there
    One of the most striking and powerful series I've seen so far here on CS is the one with a ballerina in the MRT
    sprintist's series if I'm not mistaken

I started looking at alt scenes because I wanted to do my own wedding photoshoot in a different manner
    I remember checking out some photog's own wedding shoot, done in a 50s gangster mafia style - groom dons a black vest and black hat, shotgun prop, dark dingy sleazy motel room with woman in over-exaggerated red dress, red lipstick, red heels, some with a close-up of her having a (what I think is a) post-coital drag of the cigarette, exhaling nonchalantly
    And was also previously inspired by Ryan Weiss whose work I stumbled upon in another forum
    Zenfolio | Ryan J. Weiss - Conceptual Cinema Photographer

Let's just say I haven't yet done mine (and I've been married two years, wife rolls eyes, it's a topic I try not to bring up) but some day I'll get to it

Coming back to the topic, I'd reiterate foxtwo by saying it's attracting flies (or was it bees?) with honey. Your intent is definitely good, but the method and approach, just needs a little polishing

Maybe then more people would open up their minds to something different? Maybe being the operative word of course, it can also end up as maybe not, but since you're already there, it's simply an extra small step - put some examples, google some links, images and hey, it might just work! I don't think this amounts to needing to change who you are and how you think. We surely need straight shooters, and less sycophants. Phew.
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Geez, can we all go out & shoot something nice instead? Perhaps learning how to pose a model is a good start
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

Chim....Me Ah Beng having difficulty in understanding your conversation. Maybe hidding in the long kang for sometime.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    Going totally off tangent, I've never shot portraits
    But I think there's some fun and different ways to do so out there
    One of the most striking and powerful series I've seen so far here on CS is the one with a ballerina in the MRT
    sprintist's series if I'm not mistaken

I started looking at alt scenes because I wanted to do my own wedding photoshoot in a different manner
    I remember checking out some photog's own wedding shoot, done in a 50s gangster mafia style - groom dons a black vest and black hat, shotgun prop, dark dingy sleazy motel room with woman in over-exaggerated red dress, red lipstick, red heels, some with a close-up of her having a (what I think is a) post-coital drag of the cigarette, exhaling nonchalantly
    And was also previously inspired by Ryan Weiss whose work I stumbled upon in another forum
    Zenfolio | Ryan J. Weiss - Conceptual Cinema Photographer

Let's just say I haven't yet done mine (and I've been married two years, wife rolls eyes, it's a topic I try not to bring up) but some day I'll get to it

Coming back to the topic, I'd reiterate foxtwo by saying it's attracting flies (or was it bees?) with honey. Your intent is definitely good, but the method and approach, just needs a little polishing

Maybe then more people would open up their minds to something different? Maybe being the operative word of course, it can also end up as maybe not, but since you're already there, it's simply an extra small step - put some examples, google some links, images and hey, it might just work! I don't think this amounts to needing to change who you are and how you think. We surely need straight shooters, and less sycophants. Phew.

Lucky I did not post the wedding shoot with fire spinning.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

no worries, u are different. I truly understand what you wrote. You are giving suggestion to shooting a wedding theme, faking a shot gun wedding shot.

but the person who commented, is not saying this way, he maliciously said my clients got into a marriage due to shot gun wedding and that is very disrespectful of him to say that unnecessarily.
    I am the one that talk about the shotgun wedding thing. If you think by saying this I am being disrespectful but what about you? You said you will never take for Cassey, you have never seen her do any modelling right in front of you, how can you said that she's not cut off to be a model by basing on the few photos that you have seen online. Are you being disrespectful to her too? To me you are not hypocritical but you are damned self righteous by saying it's your personal views. What make you post in that thread in the first place. You should not have done so.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    wanna call doraemon back too?
    The departed souls have all reincarnated and returned to forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast